Congress at 25% - Bush at 29%

so why are McConnell and Boehner even lower than Reid and Pelosi?

the facts are there: democrats in congress have higher approval ratings than republicans. FACT.

democrats lead republicans in nine of ten major issues important to the american public. republicans lead in NONE. FACT.

But you run away from facts that don't fit your dogma.

Those sorts of facts scare you to death.

so why are McConnell and Boehner even lower than Reid and Pelosi?

the facts are there: democrats in congress have higher approval ratings than republicans. FACT.

democrats lead republicans in nine of ten major issues important to the american public. republicans lead in NONE. FACT.

But you run away from facts that don't fit your dogma.

Those sorts of facts scare you to death.

Keep saying that as the Dems numbers continue to sink MM - perhaps you will even believe it one day

So you don't want to talk about Reid tied with Scooter?

sure.... I will talk about Reid and Scooter.... and Mitch McConnell and John Boehner too.... your legislative leaders in both chambers have approval ratings as low or lower than Harry and Scooter.... and Nancy has higher ratings than congress or Bush OR Cheney!

why won't YOU talk about the rasmussen page that I posted?

because it is too tough for you to swallow?

I thought so.

coward.

sure.... I will talk about Reid and Scooter.... and Mitch McConnell and John Boehner too.... your legislative leaders in both chambers have approval ratings as low or lower than Harry and Scooter.... and Nancy has higher ratings than congress or Bush OR Cheney!

why won't YOU talk about the rasmussen page that I posted?

because it is too tough for you to swallow?

I thought so.

coward.

It is not looking for the Dems - they strutted in to Congress - and have moved so far to the left, the folks are seeing they were played for chumps

It is not looking for the Dems - they strutted in to Congress - and have moved so far to the left, the folks are seeing they were played for chumps

then why do the folks continue to rank them higher than congressional republicans? why do the folks continue to trust democrats more than republicans on the key issues?

then why do the folks continue to rank them higher than congressional republicans? why do the folks continue to trust democrats more than republicans on the key issues?

Last I checked, 19% (Reid) is lower then 29% (Bush)

last I checked, Bush was not a congressional republican.

Civics is hard for you, isn't it?

Last I checked, congressional republicans were ranked lower than congressional democrats and had been lower than them since before the last election.

Last I checked, Rasmussen reports that on nine of ten important issues confronting our country, the people trust the democratic party more than the republican party....and on the tenth they were tied....so that republicans were not trusted more than democrats on ANY of the key issues.

Last I checked.

Don't you just love White Flag Harry's poor poll numbers? :rofl:

Of course now, Dems do not wat to talk about the polls

Unpopular US Congress enduring tough times
10 Jul 2007 13:03:52 GMT
Source: Reuters

By Steve Holland

WASHINGTON, July 10 (Reuters) - These are tough times for the Democratic-led U.S. Congress, where partisan battles have led to little progress on big issues and have made lawmakers collectively less popular than President George W. Bush.

Congress, typically never all that popular to begin with, starts the second half of 2007 with an anemic job approval rating of about 25 percent, down from 43 percent in January, with one Gallup poll ranking lawmakers at 14 percent.

Experts attribute the woeful rankings to an inability to force a change in direction in Iraq, the priority Democrats campaigned on to gain power in both the House of Representatives and the Senate in last November's elections.

But that is not all. There has been little to show on other priorities, including a change in Social Security and other entitlement programs that will run out of money in the years ahead, in addition to overhauling a health care system that has left millions uninsured and a broken immigration policy.

"I think Americans were expecting a great deal from the new Congress, and Congress has always been held in low esteem, but Congress really hasn't delivered on what it promised, especially on Iraq," said Paul Light, a congressional expert who is a professor at New York University.

Democrats in charge of Congress insist they have made progress on several issues, like increasing the minimum hourly wage and getting money for victims of the 2005 Katrina hurricane. They blame the Republican minority for a failure on others such as immigration, greater energy independence, and on negotiation of lower-priced drugs for Medicare.

"I'm not really much for polls," said Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid of Nevada. "We're going to continue doing what we think is the right thing for the American public in spite of a White House and the Republicans who are stalling every step of the way."

for the complete article

http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/N09237000.htm

I will talk about how bad congress sucks on both sides of the aisle. And remember that republicans make up almost half of congress. :eusa_think:

also what was congresses poll numbers before the Demoncrats gained a slight lead ?

Last I checked, congressional republicans were ranked lower than congressional democrats and had been lower than them since before the last election.

Last I checked, Rasmussen reports that on nine of ten important issues confronting our country, the people trust the democratic party more than the republican party....and on the tenth they were tied....so that republicans were not trusted more than democrats on ANY of the key issues.

Last I checked.

latest Harris Poll results released yesterday: congressional democrats with a 10 point higher approval rating than congressional republicans.

Keep running away, RSR, with that white flag pinned to your ass!

Posted by maineman:

latest Harris Poll results released yesterday: congressional democrats with a 10 point higher approval rating than congressional republicans.

I fail to see the importance, that folks put on polls of this nature.

The voting public is fickle, and what is true today is false tomorrow.

Polls DON'T influence how I vote, and I don't see myself any different than most of the voting public.

Posted by maineman:

I fail to see the importance, that folks put on polls of this nature.

The voting public is fickle, and what is true today is false tomorrow.

Polls DON'T influence how I vote, and I don't see myself any different than most of the voting public.

excuse me. Please show where I have ever suggested that polls influence how anyone votes. Polls like this are only a guage as to the opinion of the public and are an indication (not an influence) as to how they MIGHT vote at the time of the poll.

And these particular polls differentiating the opinions of the public vis a vis their approval of democrats versus republicans in congress have not shown the "fickle" behavior you would ascribe to them. As I have said, and as RSR continues to run away from, every single poll that has asked the American public their opinions of democrats versus republicans in congress - since way before the 11/06 election - has given a decided advantage to the democrats.

Therefore, when hacks like RSR continue to say how much the public dislikes the democrats with the implication that they will, therefore, want to remove democrats from control of congress, I feel compelled to post poll data such as the Harris poll as a clear indication of just how ridiculous such an assertion really is.

Congressional approval ratings do not equate party ratings. The democrats are not responsible for every single congressional act. Republicans are the ones who shoot down bill after bill. So why put the blame on Harry Reid? There is also a minority leader too you know. Where is the blame there?

It is interesting to note that the rating of the Minority Leader is in a dead heat with Reid at 20% and that Democrats in Congress receive a higher rating then do Republicans. They also receive a higher rating then Congress as a whole which would indicate that the source of conflict is between the people and the Congress rests with the Republicans. That the people still give Democrats a higher approval rating as a group should indicate that they aren't pleased with Congress not doing what needs to be done and that they blame the Republicans and feel that Democrats aren't doing enough to solve the problem. How is this reflected? Well, to begin with its reflected by the fact that Republicans have a lower approval rating, Democrats have a higher approval rating, and Congress as a whole has an approval rating lower then Democrats but higher then Republicans while House Minority Leader John Boehner, Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell and Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid all have lower approval ratings then Congress and the Republican Caucus.

So what happens after you throw in the Majority and Minority Leader of the Senate? You begin to gain a better picture because their ratings are lower then the Democratic and Republican Caucuses as well as Congress itself. It's 19% which tells us that the people have an issue with what isn't being done and that they generally blame Harry Reid for not doing enough and McConnell and Boehner for obstructing Democrats in Congress. When you take this over to the House you get Nancy Pelosi with an approval rating of 34% and the Minority Leader with 19% rating and you gain a greater clarity about the cause of the dissatisfaction. What does this tell us about the feelings of the American people? It tells us that the people are pissed with the Senate, the Republicans, and with Harry Reid and Mitch McConnell for not doing enough while they generally approve of Nancy Pelosi and what is taking place in the House while they are as upset with the Minority Leader of the House as they are with the Minority and Majority Leaders in the Senate. It is obvious why Harry Reid's rating is so low compared to Nancy Pelosi and why his rating is comparable to that of the Republican leadership in Congress? The answer to that is that he isn't very effective in the Senate because of the behavior of Republicans who receive such a low rating because of their obstructionist behavior and this is why he receives an approval rating that is almost exactly the same as that of Boehner, and McConnell who all fall at the bottom end of the stick while Pelosi has a greater approval rating then Congress itself does or in simple words (the Republican leadership has a lower rating then the Republican Caucus while the Democratic leadership with the exception of Reid has a higher approval rating then the Democratic Caucus).

For the last time, stop tying congressional approval ratings, to democratic job performance. This isnt the white house, its the congress. Two partys run the congress. One party has a very very slim majority.

Point well made! Democrats are given a 31% approval rating and Republicans are given a 21% approval rating. Congress as a whole is rated at 24%. Now let us think about this for a minute? Democrats are at 31% which means that their rating is higher then the rating given to Congress and the Republicans are at 21% which is lower then the ratings given to Congress? So who brings down the rating and who keeps it up? If the Democratic rating wasn't as high as it is then the approval rating of Congress would be even lower but since the Republican approval rating is so long it drags down the approval rating of Congress. It is obvious who in Congress is pissing the people off and it's not the Democrats.

Its a cheap shot. Not only that, but it further divides both partys. Which apparently is your job nowadays.

Not only is it a cheap shot but it only proves that the Republican Party is dragging down the rating of Congress and that the President and Vice President's are also reflective of the people being dissatified with what is going on in Government. There is a good reason why the Democratic numbers are higher or equal when comparing apples to apples and oranges to oranges and its always interesting to see losers comparing apples to orange in order to somehow demonstrate that Democrats do not receive as high of an approval rating as Bush or Cheney. Interesting enough, they also ignore the fact that McConnell receives a lower rating then Bush and Cheney but no they don't mention that because that might involve looking at the root cause of the problem with how people perceive the government. They also fail to mention that Pelosi has a higher approval rating then the President and Vice President and that Democrats in Congress have a higher approval rating then the President and Vice President and that the approval rating of Congress and Republicans in Congress is comparable to the approval rating of Bush and Cheney.

Last I checked.

Of course Bush isn't a member of Congress and it isn't fair to compare his rating against an individual member of Congress specifically Harry Reid when the Senate and House Minority Leaders have the same rating as does Reid. It also doesn't make sense to compare the ratings of Reid to those of Bush and Cheney when you don't do the same for Pelosi who kicks his ass in the polls. Here is a fair apples to apples comparison:

Democratic Caucus (31%) vs. Republican Caucus (21%)
Harry Reid (20%) vs. Mitch McConnell (20%)
Nancy Pelosi (34%) vs. John Boehner (19%)
Nancy Pelosi (34%) vs. Harry Reid (20%)
John Boehner (19%) vs. Mitch McConnell (20%)
Congress (24%) vs. the President (26%)
Democratic Caucus (31%) v. the President (26%)
Republican Caucus (21%) v. the President (26%)

When you do this comparison you gain a better understanding of where the American people stand because it shows who consistently pisses off the American people. It shows how obstructionist the Bush Administration and Republicans in Congress are and how the American people generally approve of Democrats in Congress as opposed to Republicans and how they perceive Nancy Pelosi as very effective and give her a higher rating then Harry Reid, John Boehner and Mitch McConnell because of how effective Democrats have been in the House while they have been in-effective in the Senate. There is no doubt that Harry Reid's approval rating in the Senate would be around 34%if he didn't have to deal with Mitch McConnell and the Republican Caucus and that Congress would receive an approval rating of around 30% to 40% while Republicans would still receive 20% to 25%.

If Republicans insist on comparing Harry Reid against Bush then let's do just that for the sake of humoring Republicans.

Harry Reid (20%) vs. the President (26%)
Nancy Pelosi (34%) vs. the President (26%)

Who overwhelminging controls the House (hint: their caucus rating is 31%) and who only narrowly controls the Senate (hint: their caucus rating is 31%). Now why would Harry Reid's rating be lower then Bush along with that of the Minority Leaders of the Senate and House (hint: there caucus rating is 21%) while Pelosi's rating is higher (hint: there caucus rating is 31%).

Forum List

Back