Congress approves historic health care legislation

Historic.

For once, I agree with you. This is historic. Not in the way you are thinking, but it is historic nonetheless.

forget the partisan threads about what it all means. Especially from all of us who have not read the bill.

You're happy about a bill you haven't read? You are happy that Congress passed it without reading it?

You are one person that no sane person will ever understand.

I'm happy that after over eight years of complaining, the GOP, the party of NO, finally got pushed aside and a health care bill that attempts to do something, anything ... has passed.

Killed Hillary-care, now we've gotten somewhere.

:clap2:

I'm happy that after over eight years of complaining, the GOP, the party of NO, finally got pushed aside and a health care bill that attempts to do something, anything ... has passed.

So the fact that you have violated the Constitution and made the system worse doesn't bother you at all? All that's important is "something" was done. You don't know what was done. You don't know that it's actually benefit anyone. But it's "something" so I guess we should all be happy about losing our nation.

Historic.

For once, I agree with you. This is historic. Not in the way you are thinking, but it is historic nonetheless.

forget the partisan threads about what it all means. Especially from all of us who have not read the bill.

You're happy about a bill you haven't read? You are happy that Congress passed it without reading it?

You are one person that no sane person will ever understand.

You are really deaf, dumb and blind, WOW your party's ass is going down and you think it's good??? Way to go DanteDA.....:dig:

So the fact that you have violated the Constitution and ...

nobody has violated anything, except maybe you: sanity :cuckoo:

Historic.

This is a historic moment: rad all about it.

Congress approves historic health care legislation | Top AP Stories | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle

By DAVID ESPO AP Special Correspondent © 2010 The Associated Press
March 21, 2010, 9:38PM

WASHINGTON — The Democratic-controlled Congress has approved historic legislation extending health care to tens of millions of Americans who lack it and cracking down on insurance company abuses.

The vote in the House was 219-212. Republicans were unanimously opposed. The bill now goes to President Barack Obama for his signature.

The action late Sunday capped a yearlong quest by Obama and Democrats to overhaul the system and reshape a sixth of the economy.

THIS IS A BREAKING NEWS UPDATE. Check back soon for further information. AP's earlier story is below.

"We will be joining those who established Social Security, Medicare and now, tonight, health care for all Americans," said Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., as the vote neared.

---

Rep. Louise Slaughter of New York read a message President Franklin Roosevelt sent Congress in 1939 urging lawmakers to address the needs of those without health care, and said Democrat Harry Truman and Republican Richard Nixon had also sought to broaden insurance coverage.

Congress approves historic health care legislation | Top AP Stories | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle

a link to the story as opposed to a whine or hoot-n-holler...

read all about it!

No--congress did not pass this bill--a tyranical left wing democrat party did.

$9-trillion-deficit.jpg

Now up to 12.4 trillion without the cost of health care.

Historic.

WASHINGTON — The Democratic-controlled Congress has approved historic legislation extending health care to tens of millions of Americans who lack it and cracking down on insurance company abuses.

The vote in the House was 219-212. Republicans were unanimously opposed. The bill now goes to President Barack Obama for his signature.

The action late Sunday capped a yearlong quest by Obama and Democrats to overhaul the system and reshape a sixth of the economy.

THIS IS A BREAKING NEWS UPDATE. Check back soon for further information. AP's earlier story is below.

"We will be joining those who established Social Security, Medicare and now, tonight, health care for all Americans," said Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., as the vote neared.

---

Rep. Louise Slaughter of New York read a message President Franklin Roosevelt sent Congress in 1939 urging lawmakers to address the needs of those without health care, and said Democrat Harry Truman and Republican Richard Nixon had also sought to broaden insurance coverage.

read all about it!

Yeah it makes history all right---:clap2::clap2:

15,000 new IRS agents & 157 new government agencies will be in charge of collecting money from Americans for this new approved health care bill. Everyone will be forced to pay for their health care insurance. We will have these agents looking at us monthly to insure that we are paying for our own healthcare. If not--& with all the powers of the IRS--they can & will seize money in personal checking & savings accounts--lien properties & even foreclose on assets--to obtain the money. Add to this--penalties & interest--& health care in this country has just turned into another federal tax bill.

Not only that--but if the federal government decides that your current health care insurance is not up to par with their health care ideology--you will be forced to obtain another--which most certainly you will have to pay more for.

Add to this--it is the federal government doing it--be assured--like they have done with Social Security--that any money needed for wars, hurricane's, political favors--whatever will be raided out of this massive health care bill to fund other things that have nothing to do with the health care of Americans.

Taxes will start to go up immediately in 2011-for this massive bill--but Americans will not realise any benefits for another 4 years.

Employers who are just trying to survive this recession will start to pay an additional 8% payroll tax next year--forcing them to lay-off temporary & part time workers.

To add to this BART STUPACK Yes vote on this bill. Stupack & his group of democrats wanted nothing to do with federal tax dollars going for abortion. A deal was struck with Obama agreeing to sign an executive order stating that no federal tax dollars would go for abortions. THE PROBLEM: Since the bill does include coverage for abortions & it is written law--any woman in this country seeking an abortion could go before any judge in this country--who would kick Barack Obama's executive order to the curb--to follow legislative law. So we will see this in court & probably be paying for abortions in this bill.

Now Bart Stupack & his democrat followers certainly knew this before they agreed at the last minute to vote for this bill. I imagine this is just a cover for them to face their constituency this fall.

You voted for it--You got it!

$Ram it down.jpg

Last edited:
Historic.

---

read all about it!

No--congress did not pass this bill--a tyranical left wing democrat party did.

ATTACH]9796[/ATTACH]

Now up to 12.4 trillion without the cost of health care.

thanks for playing---not!

attach this:
971.jpg

Last edited:
Yep. It's historic. It's going to be even more historic when those 37 States that have already lined up to send this crap to the Supreme Court get their say before the folks who are supposed to up hold the Constitution. I think Congress has problems reading long documents - especially the Constitution.

I always wonder about people who get SOOO taken with the "historical" moment without bothering to give serious reflection about WHAT history is being made. All moments of "history" are not wonderful moments in history by any means and there are plenty of "historical" moments mankind itself no doubt wishes it had avoided entirely, roads it wishes they had never taken at all and many, many that our species wishes it could get a "do over". But being taken with the history of it all is exactly how we ended up here in the first place - with THE most unqualified person to even run for President in over a century, and how we ended up with THE most leftwing extremist as President in our history. All because so many people were just so taken with the "history" of it all they cast their vote for the most superficial of reasons imaginable -the color of someone's skin - while ignoring what this guy was SELLING!

Yeah history was made tonight alright. Our founders are still still spinning in their graves but Marx perked up just a bit in his. Never in the history of this country has one party decided to so brazenly violate their oaths of office, abandon any notion they understand what it means to have the CONSENT OF THE GOVERNED, trample over the will of the people and thereby violate the trust of the WE THE PEOPLE -and acted like a pack of ARROGANT tyrants who have nothing but CONTEMPT for the people by casting a vote that is not only strongly opposed by the majority but by the majority of states as well. NEVER in our history was major legislation enacted by just one party. All other major legislation passed in this country was not only bipartisan but also supported by the people. THIS was a vote against the founding principles of this nation entirely. These people are traitors to this nation and as far as I'm concerned, they belong in prison.

Yep. It's historic. It's going to be even more historic when those 37 States that have already lined up to send this crap to the Supreme Court get their say before the folks who are supposed to up hold the Constitution. I think Congress has problems reading long documents - especially the Constitution.

I always wonder about people who get SOOO taken with the "historical" moment without bothering... - while ignoring what this guy was SELLING!

Yeah history was made tonight alright. Our founders are still still spinning in their graves...THIS was a vote against the founding principles of this nation entirely. These people are traitors to this nation and as far as I'm concerned, they belong in prison.

The founding principles of this nation were hammered out without authority to do so and in secret behind closed doors.

It wasn't until after the fact, that authority to codify these principles was granted.

Secret back room deals are what this nation was founded upon.

sucks to be you

I always wonder about people who get SOOO taken with the "historical" moment without bothering... - while ignoring what this guy was SELLING!

Yeah history was made tonight alright. Our founders are still still spinning in their graves...THIS was a vote against the founding principles of this nation entirely. These people are traitors to this nation and as far as I'm concerned, they belong in prison.

The founding principles of this nation were hammered out without authority to do so and in secret behind closed doors.

It wasn't until after the fact, that authority to codify these principles was granted.

Secret back room deals are what this nation was founded upon.

sucks to be you

And that part where elected representatives are supposed to go against the will of the people and ram unpopular legislation down their throats against their will in a strictly partisan manner while patting themselves on the back for doing so -can be found ..........WHERE?

What occurred here is NOT business as usual no matter how often people like you insist it is. And the fact it is NOT considered acceptable by the majority is why there is growing anger against our own government which is no longer acting as our servant and claiming to be our master instead. Need an education about what our founders said we should do in that case?

All I can say is.. No Public Option = Good.

There will be. Actually it will be 'single payer', not an option - but a requirement. As Obama himself has said 'this is a transition to single payer'.... Now, anyone who has never lived under single payer may see that as a good thing. People who have only lived under single payer may see it as a good thing. Those of us who have experienced both system KNOW that it is a bad thing.

From the OP: "Especially those of us who haven't read it!. What really, really makes me laugh is the amount of people cheer what passed and then say 'I haven't read the bill'. How fucking stupid can people be? How the hell do you support something if you don't know what it is?

All I can say is.. No Public Option = Good.

There will be. Actually it will be 'single payer', not an option - but a requirement. As Obama himself has said 'this is a transition to single payer'.... Now, anyone who has never lived under single payer may see that as a good thing. People who have only lived under single payer may see it as a good thing. Those of us who have experienced both system KNOW that it is a bad thing.

From the OP: "Especially those of us who haven't read it!. What really, really makes me laugh is the amount of people cheer what passed and then say 'I haven't read the bill'. How fucking stupid can people be? How the hell do you support something if you don't know what it is?
They trust Obama implicitly.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back