Congress' approval at all time low

The Senate with Obama downgraded the country while holding us hostage.... The Reps tried to save the country but Obama and the Dems just wouldn't have it.

Now I sound like you... See how stupid I look.

Republicans trying to save the country after eight years of Republican rule that lead to the worst recession since the great depression. How quickly Americans forget:confused:

How quickly "conservative" Americans forget ;)

85477825.jpg

Funny story, almost everything in that picture applies to Obama as well because he changed very little and expanded upon Bush’s policies…

Many conservatives might forget quickly but people like you just live in denial. That picture needs to have the downgrade the President did to the country added to it along with , massive food stamps, Libya, Pakistan, more Afghanistan, a failed stimulus, UE lines growing, expanded homeland security, division of the country, the race card, Unions giving Obama money, Corporations giving Obama money, Obama suing states for trying to deal with illegal immigration that Obama won’t, unconstitutional Obamacare, Green jobs missing, the solar panel scandal and so much more… Wow, I could really keep going lolz.

Congressional approval about the same...
:tongue:
Congress Ranked Lower than Lice and Cockroaches, Poll Finds
January 9, 2013 – Most people prefer lice, cockroaches and colonoscopies to Congress, according to a new national poll released Tuesday.
Congress only has a nine percent favorability rating, according to the latest national poll by Public Policy Polling, which tested the popularity of Congress against 26 different things, including brussel sprouts, root canals, and traffic jams. “We all know Congress is unpopular,” said Dean Debnam, president of Public Policy Polling. “But the fact that voters like it even less than cockroaches, lice, and Genghis Khan really shows how far its esteem has fallen with the American public over the last few weeks.”

Lice received a 67 percent favorability rating compared to Congress with 19 percent. Voters gave brussel sprouts a higher ranking than Congress (69-23). NFL replacement referees received 56 percent compared to Congress with 29 percent. Also, D.C. political pundits (37-34) and Donald Trump (44-42) outranked Congress. People favored colonoscopies over Congress (58-31). Also, 56 percent of those polled chose getting a root canal over Congress (56-32). Used car salesmen were more popular than Congress (57-32).

Traffic jams were also favored over Congress – 56 to 34. France (46-37), Nickelback (39-32), carnies (39-31), and Ghenghis Khan (41-37) also ranked higher than Congress. Even cockroaches edged out Congress in favorability ratings – 45 to 43 percent. On the bright side, Congress ranked higher than gonorrhea (53-28), the ebola virus (53-25), communism (57-23), meth labs (60-21) and playground bullies (43-38). It also scored higher among voters than telemarketers (45-35), the Kardashians (49-36), Lindsay Lohan (45-41), Fidel Castro (54-32) and North Korea (61-26).

Congress also outranked former Democratic presidential candidate John Edwards, who had an extramarital affair and fathered a child out of wedlock while his wife, Elizabeth Edwards was dying from cancer (45 to 29). The poll was conducted Jan. 3 to 6 among 830 American voters and had a margin of error of plus or minus 3.4 percentage points.

Source

its only been in session for @ 3 days. Thanks for the thread bump ;) bodicca prolly isn't though :p

Low Congressional approval will be cold comfort to the Dems in 2012. Obama can't run against Congress - he'll face an actual candidate.

hmmm. :deal: the results are in

Last edited:
As to the Senate, from what party is the Senator who has a standing hold on all bills (basically a filibuster) and which party is the Senator from who's currently holding the transportation bill hostage?

So, the Senate is being filibustered to death by Republicans :) thanks fellers ;)

looks like the guy I was referring to (DeMint) cashed-in on his PUBLIC office :eusa_eh: by going to Heritage. T-Party much? :clap2: :eusa_boohoo:

Congressional approval about the same...
:tongue:
Congress Ranked Lower than Lice and Cockroaches, Poll Finds
January 9, 2013 – Most people prefer lice, cockroaches and colonoscopies to Congress, according to a new national poll released Tuesday.
Congress only has a nine percent favorability rating, according to the latest national poll by Public Policy Polling, which tested the popularity of Congress against 26 different things, including brussel sprouts, root canals, and traffic jams....

It's what we get when ideologues demonize politics even as they run for political office.

Elected representatives that are hostile to the political process and government in general have soiled the public debate for the last 30 plus years.

thank you Richard Nixon, Ronald Reagan, and Newt Gingrich's war on America...to name a few deserving pricks

Last edited:
I don't know what's funnier the fact that the people responding didn't realize that the question covered
both houses of Congress so they thought it was blaming just the House.

Or the fact that the Libs on this site who tell us all the time just how bright they are and how they feel so superior also got it wrong...

I don't know what's funnier the fact that the people responding didn't realize that the question covered

Or the fact that the Libs on this site who tell us all the time just how bright they are and how they feel so superior also got it wrong...

Maybe it's your reading and comprehension skills?

I see some people mentioning the Senate. I see some people blaming members of the GOP who happen to be in the House. I see very little where people are sayinmg the Congress is the US House.

maybe you can point out ALL these examples you see? Post 3 = naturegril making false assumptions and living in a state of ignorance?

Last edited:

I don't understand why you don't understand that the American's voted based their opinion on how unproductive Congress has become. It doesn't take a genius to understand that Boehner and McConnell are only focused on one thing - getting the White House back in the hands of the GOP so that they can pursue a policy to guarantee their continuing place on the stage of power. Not once have Boehner or McConnell focused on the American family, the middle class or the poor.

I myself would love to give Mitch McConnell a lot of credit even though he didn't focus on the middle class, the poor, or the economy. He really showed where his priorities were at when he declared two years before the election that his top priority was to make Barack Obama a one-term president. Imagine that of all the things we could be worrying about it wasn't the economy keeping Mitch up late at night or the 50 million people living in poverty, it was the fact that Barack Obama was two years away from being re-elected. How's that for a shallow piece of sh*t?

Forum List

Back