Congress' approval at all time low

Just heard that congress has increased it income from contractors that they are legally able to get money from by 27 million of last year. They seem to be doing pretty well but when you are spending someone else s money you can do that. All of congress rank some where level with pond scum and Obama is below that.

No he isn't, he is well above 13.5% approval. That's where congress is right now.

:lol: Is there no baseline for your stupidity or does it just keep going full speed to the center of the earth..

At his all time low. He's still at 44% approval where Bush's was as low as the mid 20s.

It's dropped four points in a week however in an economy such as this, he's still pretty high. That's not going to help the party all that much though.

All he can do is hang on and hope it begins to get better. I say it won't and will get worse due to the continued band-aid solutions and awaiting the fall of Italy. Greece is nothing. Italy is the true danger to EU financial stability.

If Italy falls, then it's on to plan "B" and I believe Obama will not win a re-election. If Italy can be restructured then they can continue but they will need close to three quarters of a trillion dollars to bail Italy out.

Overall, 45% of voters say they at least somewhat approve of the president's performance. Fifty-four percent (54%) at least somewhat disapprove.

obama_approval_index_september_19_2011.jpg

obama_total_approval_september_19_2011.jpg

Daily Presidential Tracking Poll - Rasmussen Reports™

Last edited:
Congress always polls low because congress is a fuzzy entity. That is to say, it is not a single person or party and easy for everyone to blame. Congressional polls have been low as hell for a decade. Individual polls for each constituency is all that matters and that usually tells a different story.

The right wing spreading of "Your problem is the government" is working well.
However the right are also the government...

Yes they are ;)

The disapproval of Congress cuts across party lines, but more Americans are unhappy with Republicans in Congress than Democrats. Among those polled, 72 percent say they are displeased with Republicans’ performance, while 63 percent say Democrats are doing a bad job.

Read more: Poll: Congress sinks even lower - Mackenzie Weinger - POLITICO.com

At his all time low. He's still at 44% approval where Bush's was as low as the mid 20s.

Last Rasmussen I saw had him at 39%
Look it up.
39% is not much "Hope and Change."
He's a miserable failure - but, you keep on hoping.

It figures you'd follow Rasmussen.

First to the OP. Half of Congress is the Senate and that is owned by Democrats, they are part of this poll too. Next it’s not like when the Democrats had the House AND the Senate they had a better approval ratting. Now, many of the Reps in the house have still managed to go along with Obama on things like Ohhh, the budget that got us downgraded. The TP had a budget fix, meaning they had a budget that in 5 years left us with a 19 billion dollar surplus and it5 didn’t touch MC/MC/SS… That was ignored by Obama, Reid and Bonehard so it’s no wonder they get low marks after passing a history bad budget.

Now to you, the person I quoted.
Just over a month ago or so people were posting Obama’s new poll numbers of 44%... People like yourself attacked that number with claims the REAL approval rating for Obama was 48-50%. It’s the trend, and it’s going down quickly and for good reason.

Bush managed to have a 28% low (kinda proving Republican voters didn’t like him) not “mid to low 20’s” as far as I know. Next it took Bush like 7 years to get that, Obama might hit low 30’s MAYBE high 20’s before 2012 elections. As I have said before, as illegal immigration peaks back up Obama will be mid to low 30’s for approval ratings.

Oh how I love not being a partisan hack stuck defending a useless position like so many others.

The right wing spreading of "Your problem is the government" is working well.
However the right are also the government...

Yes they are ;)

The disapproval of Congress cuts across party lines, but more Americans are unhappy with Republicans in Congress than Democrats. Among those polled, 72 percent say they are displeased with Republicans’ performance, while 63 percent say Democrats are doing a bad job.

Read more: Poll: Congress sinks even lower - Mackenzie Weinger - POLITICO.com

As many lefties like to claim about why Obama's numbers are horrid and still going down... Many are un-happy with the Reps job in congress because they have not done things like repeal Obamacare. It's not because the Reps have no jobs bill lol.

=D

As to the Senate, from what party is the Senator who has a standing hold on all bills (basically a filibuster) and which party is the Senator from who's currently holding the transportation bill hostage?

So, the Senate is being filibustered to death by Republicans :) thanks fellers ;)

As to the Senate, from what party is the Senator who has a standing hold on all bills (basically a filibuster) and which party is the Senator from who's currently holding the transportation bill hostage?

So, the Senate is being filibustered to death by Republicans :) thanks fellers ;)

The Senate with Obama downgraded the country while holding us hostage.... The Reps tried to save the country but Obama and the Dems just wouldn't have it.

Now I sound like you... See how stupid I look.

Americans have no faith in Congress, the President, the GOP Candidates, and worst of all Corporate America. What this nation really needs is a good ol' fashion class war!

The Senate with Obama downgraded the country while holding us hostage.... The Reps tried to save the country but Obama and the Dems just wouldn't have it.

Republicans trying to save the country after eight years of Republican rule that lead to the worst recession since the great depression. How quickly Americans forget:confused:

Republicans trying to save the country after eight years of Republican rule that lead to the worst recession since the great depression. How quickly Americans forget:confused:

First of all IdiotClass I was doing what the OP was doing, picking a side and pretending it was solely to blame. I was showing him how childish his talking point was.

Now, just so you understand because it seems like you don’t know... Dems owned the Senate/House under Bush for 2 years and more than that they took over during a healthy economy and about 1 1/2 years later it turned into one of the worst recession since the Great Depression. Do I blame the Dems alone? No, but to pretend they didn’t play a HUGE fucking part is naive. Also much of what ended up causing the housing collapse started under Clinton, not just Bush.

Welcome to the boards, you seem like another idiot, grats...

Low Congressional approval will be cold comfort to the Dems in 2012. Obama can't run against Congress - he'll face an actual candidate.

Last Rasmussen I saw had him at 39%
Look it up.
39% is not much "Hope and Change."
He's a miserable failure - but, you keep on hoping.

First to the OP. Half of Congress is the Senate and that is owned by Democrats, they are part of this poll too. Next it’s not like when the Democrats had the House AND the Senate they had a better approval ratting. Now, many of the Reps in the house have still managed to go along with Obama on things like Ohhh, the budget that got us downgraded. The TP had a budget fix, meaning they had a budget that in 5 years left us with a 19 billion dollar surplus and it5 didn’t touch MC/MC/SS… That was ignored by Obama, Reid and Bonehard so it’s no wonder they get low marks after passing a history bad budget.

Just over a month ago or so people were posting Obama’s new poll numbers of 44%... People like yourself attacked that number with claims the REAL approval rating for Obama was 48-50%. It’s the trend, and it’s going down quickly and for good reason.

Bush managed to have a 28% low (kinda proving Republican voters didn’t like him) not “mid to low 20’s” as far as I know. Next it took Bush like 7 years to get that, Obama might hit low 30’s MAYBE high 20’s before 2012 elections. As I have said before, as illegal immigration peaks back up Obama will be mid to low 30’s for approval ratings.

Oh how I love not being a partisan hack stuck defending a useless position like so many others.

Yeah 7 years for Bush to get down to 28%, but republicans do not catch on very fast.
They will be exactly the same about Perry is he gets elected.

Low Congressional approval will be cold comfort to the Dems in 2012. Obama can't run against Congress - he'll face an actual candidate.

Yes, it's retarded because if we follow the logic of this thread all the GOP would need is a candidate that polls better than the Dem congress and BAM, Winner!

Obama will have to get on stage with someone asking Obama "How and why did pass an unconstitutional healthcare plan?" Think about Obama's answer... now think about how people who need or want a real answer will react to what Obama will say... Obama is going to get his shit packed because shortly he will no longer control the questions and read pre written answers.

Yeah 7 years for Bush to get down to 28%, but republicans do not catch on very fast.
They will be exactly the same about Perry is he gets elected.

US, I agree with you. Perry is a fucking joke to watch talk and yet some people attack Ron Paul... We already had Perry, 2 times, Bush and Obama. I can’t stand the way he talks, he sounds half way retarded or like all he is thinking in his head is "Oh shit Oh shit Oh shit I know this one, what are the words to the talking point again!!! Just talk slow and it will come to you!!!!"

I really don't like Mitt but if he wins he will prolly destroy Obama, that is my opinion. You know I like Ron Paul and I even like (not love) Newt, maybe one of them will win, we'll see.

Last edited:

How quickly "conservative" Americans forget ;)

85477825.jpg

Last edited:

Forum List

Back