Congratulations - you own Manchester United!

Diuretic

Permanently confused
Apr 26, 2006
South Australia est 1836
You own IAG now and IAG is the major sponsor of Manure Ltd, I mean Manchester United. So you own your very own Premier League football club.

How do you feel? :D

You own IAG now and IAG is the major sponsor of Manure Ltd, I mean Manchester United. So you own your very own Premier League football club.

Sounds like a pile of shit. Do we need it?

You say football, we say soccer............:razz:

@ Stoner: I think the phrase you're looking for is "the greatest game on earth". :D

@ Zulu: Oh, who can forget ol' Dan and his crazy antics?

Yeah, that Dan Quayle was one wild dude!

*American's are starting to catch on to this new-fangled thing called soccer.
I think the younger you are, the more you're into it.

I'm a basketball and football fan myself.

Hey, do you guys call fries "chips" too?

Interesting terminology question. "Soccer" is what some call Association Football (as the Brits formally call the game). I have no idea where "soccer" came from but it's used here as an alternative to "football" because we have (depending on the state you live in) football and it's not soccer.

Chips. Fries. We go to McDonalds, we ask for "fries". We go to a fish and chip shop, we ask for "chips". We want something to munch on when drinking beer, we ask for a bag of potato chips.

It's all about context isn't it?

I wish this were true. Then I'd have them strip the team of all the assets and move them to a field with a stand of 300! :D

But America does not own ManUre. AIG is merely a sponsor. ManUre is owned by the same guys that own the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

MU.jpg

YNWA!

I wish this were true. Then I'd have them strip the team of all the assets and move them to a field with a stand of 300! :D

But America does not own ManUre. AIG is merely a sponsor. ManUre is owned by the same guys that own the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

MU.jpg

YNWA!

Bummer...and I wanted the T-Shirt. :badgrin:

Interesting terminology question. "Soccer" is what some call Association Football (as the Brits formally call the game). I have no idea where "soccer" came from but it's used here as an alternative to "football" because we have (depending on the state you live in) football and it's not soccer.

Chips. Fries. We go to McDonalds, we ask for "fries". We go to a fish and chip shop, we ask for "chips". We want something to munch on when drinking beer, we ask for a bag of potato chips.

It's all about context isn't it?

It's all clear to me now! ;)

Forum List

Back