Congratulations To It's the Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not sure if I should congratulate him or give him my condolences.....

As for -=d=-'s point.... funny to hear that coming from, of all people, him. But then again, it is to be expected.

-=d=- said:
...and you (and those who would ENJOY a flame-thread) are absolutely out of line yet refuse to admit it.

things are getting curiouser and curiouser. How deep does the rabbit hole go?

freeandfun1 said:
As for -=d=-'s point.... funny to hear that coming from, of all people, him. But then again, it is to be expected.

why? Why is that funny to hear? I'm not one who 'flames' by habbit. I reply to people in the context of a thread. I have NEVER started, nor particpated in a thread with the sole purpose of flaming/insulting/etc, another forum member.
I have gotten into PLENTY Of heated replies with members - again, why are you people having trouble with the word "CONTEXT" here. Any flaming I have done has been IN CONTEXT with those flaming me back.

Again. Threads created to flame members are out of line.

-=d=- said:
why? Why is that funny to hear? I'm not one who 'flames' by habbit. I reply to people in the context of a thread. I have NEVER started, nor particpated in a thread with the sole purpose of flaming/insulting/etc, another forum member.
I have gotten into PLENTY Of heated replies with members - again, why are you people having trouble with the word "CONTEXT" here. Any flaming I have done has been IN CONTEXT with those flaming me back.

Tough day at work, bro?

-=d=- said:

Then all threads aimed at any member about any subject should be out of line too. No more Happy Birthdays, no more goof'n around, nothing. Only serious threads folks! Okay?

rtwngAvngr said:
Tough day at work, bro?

Tough day on the forums when users can't get simple concepts. (shrug). Tough day on the forums when users make up claims about me, associating me with somebody I am not/a history of how i post which is not based in reality.

freeandfun1 said:
Then all threads aimed at any member about any subject should be out of line too. No more Happy Birthdays, no more goof'n around, nothing. Only serious threads folks! Okay?

No. Again. This should not be a hard concept to grasp.

"IN MY VIEW, ANY THREAD CREATED FOR THE PURPOSED OF FLAMING ANOTHER MEMBER IS OUT OF LINE" -

-=d=- said:
No. Again. This should not be a hard concept to grasp.

"IN MY VIEW, ANY THREAD CREATED FOR THE PURPOSED OF FLAMING ANOTHER MEMBER IS OUT OF LINE" -

Well, Kat was congratulating him. Not sure how that was flaming. Secondly, what is the difference between flaming in a thread specifically for flaming (if that is why this thread was created) and flaming in another thread that was meant to discuss a specific topic?

Me thinks you are being too sensitive. If you don't like this thread, close it.

YOU have the POWER!

Here's my question. I always think flaming is either done to make somebody mad or to hurt them. I work to never flame another member regardless of what they may say to me. However there are times where I throw out a little jab, never to hurt, only as a joke.

What exactly is the definition of flaming?

-=d=- said:
Tough day on the forums when users can't get simple concepts. (shrug). Tough day on the forums when users make up claims about me, associating me with somebody I am not/a history of how i post which is not based in reality.

:fifty:

freeandfun1 said:
Well, Kat was congratulating him. Not sure how that was flaming.

...which is why I asked her intent.

Secondly, what is the difference between flaming in a thread specifically for flaming (if that is why this thread was created) and flaming in another thread that was meant to discuss a specific topic?

...context. In a thread where one or two are going at it, there's a bit of equality. A single thread to highlight a member being flamed is bad.

no1tovote4 said:
Here's my question. I always think flaming is either done to make somebody mad or to hurt them. I work to never flame another member regardless of what they may say to me. However there are times where I throw out a little jab, never to hurt, only as a joke.

From the rules.

2- Flaming - It's understood and expected that flaming (An insulting criticism or remark meant to incite anger, as on a computer network) will occur when discussing politics and other sensitive issues. I ask once again to have common sense prevail. This is not an invitation to flame someone for no reason because the board tolerates the occassional outburst. Members that are here solely to be disruptive will be removed. Overuse of personal attacks as a method of debate is detrimental to the board. Again, the occassional outburst will be tolerated, incessant flaming will not.

Moderators are not allowed to flame members, therefore members cannot flame the moderators. I expect the moderators to be held to a different standard than the rest of the board, and I also expect they will get the respect they deserve in return. Flaming of a moderator will result in a warning. On the 3rd warning your account will be banned.

no1tovote4 said:

Name calling. Direct and in-direct insults. Talking bad about somebody's mom. That sorta thing.

Kathianne said:
From the rules.

Good, from that definition my jabs would not count as flaming. I never aim to get somebody angry at me by insulting them. I have fun attempting to remain sane when others are doing it though.

I did participate a smidge here, but it was never meant to hurt or anger IstheTruth.

This is the part I was referring to when writing about -=d=- earlier. He and I have a difference of opinion on whether he flames or not. So be it.

Moderators are not allowed to flame members, therefore members cannot flame the moderators. I expect the moderators to be held to a different standard than the rest of the board, and I also expect they will get the respect they deserve in return. Flaming of a moderator will result in a warning. On the 3rd warning your account will be banned.

As many of you know, -=d=- and I have gone round and round in the forums and of course, in PM's. Yet he claims I misrepresented him. Not in MY opinion.

However, I DO see his point here. Point well taken -=d=-.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back