Congratulations To Fox News

Destroying capitalism will be the final "fundamental change" in the USA. Why do people hate this country so much?

Where has MM said he was against capitalism?

He says it all the time TM.
He thinks that capitalism killed Flint Michigan. It didn't
He thinks that Capitalism killed newspapers. It didn't
He has a whole bunch of movies on it and thousands of news conferences on how evil capitalism is.
Yet he makes millions from capitalism.

Millionaire Michael Moore Calls Capitalism Un-Christian - Michael Moore - Fox Nation

this is a fox clip trying to say he is against capitalism.

They lied.

if you listen to it he is pro capitalism and is against the rigged game the wealthy now how to control our economy.
Oh nooooooooooooes! Time lied, too, according to TM. Why Michael Moore Hates Capitalism

:eusa_shhh:

I dont see him saying it?

where is the quote in the article?
If you can't see it, then Time lied, too. Oh no!

So, Michael Moore and 5 others? :eusa_whistle:

Michael Moore has more sense in his little finger than Sarah Palin and Michelle Bachman combined.
Interesting that Moore is against Capitalism that he so handsomely profits from?

Moore is another professional shit disturber just as the man in the Oval office is. Cut of the same cloth.

Michael Moore is not against the Capitalism of old. In this country big corporations used to share their wealth with their employees and their government. Now an elitist CEO/CFO load up a board of directors with a bunch of YES people and create a scenario where they pay as little as they can in taxes and share as little as they can with their employees. Then...after they either relocate outside the country and hire peons to work 60-80 hours a week with no benefits they bitch about having to pay any taxes to the government on what they earn. Also they set up a scenario by which they'll draw hundreds of millions of dollars should the company fail.

I'm 77 years old. In the late 40's and 50's a corporate executive earned about 5-10 times what a carpenter or assembly line worker earned. By the 1970's that multiplier had grown to about 50 times as much. Guess what it was in 2010? Yes sport's fans last year the average CEO in America earned 550 times what an ordinary American worker earned.

It doesn't end there. Nixon cut out the draft so the biggest concern the wealthy have for their offspring is which ivy league school they will attend. These damn made up wars are fought by the sons and daughters of what used to be the middle class in this country. Things are so phucked up right now this country will be fortunate to even survive and it will never be the way it was. Reason...our politicians are in the pockets of corporations and the well off. Ordinary people have lost the battle and may never rebound. When it requires $35 million and a year of campaigning for a senator to get reelected things are about as bad as they can get.

I guess TM is going to ignore this truth.

It's not a truth, it's a distortion. There is no contradiction between having a republic and having a democracy. A democratic republic or representative democracy is recognized as one of the forms of democratic government.

Even from the beginning, the Constitution was set up to be partially democratic, insofar as the House (which is democratic) held veto power over any legislation, and over time it has grown more democratic than in the beginning. Of the 17 amendments enacted since the Bill of Rights, six have expanded democracy and none have contracted it. The six amendments which expanded democracy are the 15th (race no bar to vote), 17th (direct election of Senators), 19th (women's suffrage), 23rd (presidential vote for DC), 24th (poll taxes banned), and 26th (voting age lowered to 18). The general trend of legislation has also been to expand suffrage and popular accountability.

The Citizens United decision and recent attempts by Republicans to effectively restrict the franchise and make it harder to vote are a reversal of this trend, but the intent over time is clear enough: we are supposed to have a democratic republic or representative democracy.

Michael Moore has more sense in his little finger than Sarah Palin and Michelle Bachman combined.
Interesting that Moore is against Capitalism that he so handsomely profits from?

Moore is another professional shit disturber just as the man in the Oval office is. Cut of the same cloth.

Michael Moore is not against the Capitalism of old. In this country big corporations used to share their wealth with their employees and their government. Now an elitist CEO/CFO load up a board of directors with a bunch of YES people and create a scenario where they pay as little as they can in taxes and share as little as they can with their employees. Then...after they either relocate outside the country and hire peons to work 60-80 hours a week with no benefits they bitch about having to pay any taxes to the government on what they earn. Also they set up a scenario by which they'll draw hundreds of millions of dollars should the company fail.

I'm 77 years old. In the late 40's and 50's a corporate executive earned about 5-10 times what a carpenter or assembly line worker earned. By the 1970's that multiplier had grown to about 50 times as much. Guess what it was in 2010? Yes sport's fans last year the average CEO in America earned 550 times what an ordinary American worker earned.

It doesn't end there. Nixon cut out the draft so the biggest concern the wealthy have for their offspring is which ivy league school they will attend. These damn made up wars are fought by the sons and daughters of what used to be the middle class in this country. Things are so phucked up right now this country will be fortunate to even survive and it will never be the way it was. Reason...our politicians are in the pockets of corporations and the well off. Ordinary people have lost the battle and may never rebound. When it requires $35 million and a year of campaigning for a senator to get reelected things are about as bad as they can get.

Since you are 77, I am guessing that you are no longer in the workforce.
My employer (a Fortune 500 Company) shares profits with the employees, contrary to your opinion, the fact in my situation is that I am paid an annual bonus based upon personal and corporate performance (it's paid the past 5 years). I guess you can call that "sharing the wealth", but you probably won't.

The existence or non-existence of the draft is totally unrelated to the topic at hand, but it's nice to know that you agree with government enforced involuntary servitude. It gives me a little more insight into your mindset.

Has the revolution begun? First Russia, then Iran, then Tunisia, then Egypt, then Libya, then Syria, protests in Israel over growing disparities, soon working Americans will rise up, as they did during the revolution from British control, and storm the Bastilles of corporations, congress and gated communities of wealth and power, oh and storm the gates of fox media too ...LOL ;)

Michael Moore is on Cspan's In-depth tomorrow at noon.

Last edited:
I guess TM is going to ignore this truth.

It's not a truth, it's a distortion. There is no contradiction between having a republic and having a democracy. A democratic republic or representative democracy is recognized as one of the forms of democratic government.

Even from the beginning, the Constitution was set up to be partially democratic, insofar as the House (which is democratic) held veto power over any legislation, and over time it has grown more democratic than in the beginning. Of the 17 amendments enacted since the Bill of Rights, six have expanded democracy and none have contracted it. The six amendments which expanded democracy are the 15th (race no bar to vote), 17th (direct election of Senators), 19th (women's suffrage), 23rd (presidential vote for DC), 24th (poll taxes banned), and 26th (voting age lowered to 18). The general trend of legislation has also been to expand suffrage and popular accountability.

The Citizens United decision and recent attempts by Republicans to effectively restrict the franchise and make it harder to vote are a reversal of this trend, but the intent over time is clear enough: we are supposed to have a democratic republic or representative democracy.

We are still a Constitution-based federal republic, not a democracy. That is truth and fact, all the words posted on a political message board will not change that fact.
TM was wrong to state that we are a democracy. You are incorrect in your attempt to defend that false statement.

Unfortunately, for many, the people that go to those events, whether it's Tea Birthers or normal Americans are people who are on their last legs. Everything else has been taken from them by Republican Policies. When you have massive redistribution of wealth to the top 3%, this is what it looks like. You don't think conservatives at the USMB would look any different. They scream to protect the rich because they are ridiculous. They aren't rich. They're just ridiculous.

We are still a Constitution-based federal republic, not a democracy.

The point, which you seem to have missed, is that we may be, and are, both.

A democracy and a Constitution-based federal republic are two different things.
A Constitution-based federal republic can have democracy leanings, but that doesn't make it a democracy.
I missed nothing.

Forum List

Back