Congratulations Scott Brown and Republicans on USMB

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Sep 2, 2008
Your candidate won and ran the better campaign. I hope Scott Brown does what he promises, but I highly doubt it.

Tonight, you get to celebrate.

But just recall short history for a moment. How Democrats felt on here in 2008 after the Obama victory vs today. You may just very well feel that way by 2011. Let us see if Scott Brown will truly represent the true change he ran on or whether he is just another member of the establishment.

As great as it is, we should try not to gloat. There is still too much to be done rolling back the Obama-Bush agenda.

Your candidate won and ran the better campaign. I hope Scott Brown does what he promises, but I highly doubt it.

But just recall short history for a moment. How Democrats felt on here in 2008 after the Obama victory vs today. You may just very well feel that way by 2011. Let us see if Scott Brown will truly represent the true change he ran on or whether he is just another member of the establishment.
I have no intention of gloating. I don't live in that state and had no say in his election.

Brown is not a small government Conservative so he really doesn't fit My idea of a good politician.

I just hope that he kills the current health care bill and forces everyone back to the drawing board. If they are going to do the damned thing, and I'm against any of it, at least do it right this time and stop the political payoffs and bribes.

I am hopeful that the election of Scott Brown will send a very clear and loud message to Washington. The majority of the American people do not like the direction Obama and the Congress are leading this country into. Clearly the majority of Americans do not want Cap and Trade and the Health Care Reform Bill that the Democrats are trying to ram down our throats. If I was a Democrat politician, I would pay very close attention to this election and decide to follow the will of the American people and quit being so arragant and treating the public as if they have no say. They are elected to serve us - not themselves.

there are no elections in 11.....that said.....ted kennedy's mass sent a message to washington.....stop spending like bush...stop sending troops to the middle east like bush....take care of domestic issues....did he listen....nope....and....

there have been a couple of other states in the past year since obama beat "bush" that went from dem to pub.....wonder if the dem politicians will get the message and stop spending and ramming legislation through.....

i said the dems would overplay their hand and miss-read the 08 elections.....

I have no intention of gloating. I don't live in that state and had no say in his election.

Brown is not a small government Conservative so he really doesn't fit My idea of a good politician.

I just hope that he kills the current health care bill and forces everyone back to the drawing board. If they are going to do the damned thing, and I'm against any of it, at least do it right this time and stop the political payoffs and bribes.

If you seriously think the payoffs and bribes will stop from either side, I have news for you. :lol:

Honestly....who, besides the Democratic party could screw up a super majority so bad and so quickly, that they lose it barely a year after gaining it. While the GOP remains a shambles, at this point, are the Democrats truly any better? Who can blame the people in MA, as well as possibly across the US when backroom sweetheart deals are being made with unions and with single states just so they can pass their NUMBER 1 social agenda item?

Last edited:
there are no elections in 11.....that said.....ted kennedy's mass sent a message to washington.....stop spending like bush...stop sending troops to the middle east like bush....take care of domestic issues....did he listen....nope....and....

there have been a couple of other states in the past year since obama beat "bush" that went from dem to pub.....wonder if the dem politicians will get the message and stop spending and ramming legislation through.....

i said the dems would overplay their hand and miss-read the 08 elections.....

I was speaking to the fact of how many Democrats or especially Liberals are pissed off at Obama. And the same could happen to Scott Brown supporters.

Honestly....who, besides the Democratic party could screw up a super majority so bad and so quickly, that they lose it barely a year after gaining it. While the GOP remains in a shambles, at this point, are the Democrats truly any better? Who can blame the people in MA, as well as possibly across the US when backroom sweetheart deals are being made with unions and with single states just so they can pass their NUMBER 1 social agenda item?

Then there's the Kennedy factor. I'm betting there are a lot of first-time voters who never bothered before because there was the perception that Kennedy was always going to be a shoe-in.

New faces probably meant a few more people got out and voted. It would be interesting to the see the number of people who voted compared to Kennedy's last win.

What 'change' are you referring to that he 'promised'?

If you seriously think the payoffs and bribes will stop from either side, I have news for you. :lol:
They can stop.

If EVERYONE stands up in their faces and starts making even more noise then defeating a Democrat in a Democrat stronghold.

But it takes both sides to stand up and say enough of the corruption.

I remember it exactly,, after the Dems won the wh.. it went something like this,, "sit down and shut the fuck up, you lost, we won, do you know we won,, you are old white republican and insignificant, you are teabaggers, you suck,, sit down and shut the fuck up let the grownups lead" yes by god I remember it well..:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: oh and the best one of all I saved for last,, you ready for it... take a deep breath here it comes.

ELECTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES

Honestly....who, besides the Democratic party could screw up a super majority so bad and so quickly, that they lose it barely a year after gaining it. While the GOP remains in a shambles, at this point, are the Democrats truly any better? Who can blame the people in MA, as well as possibly across the US when backroom sweetheart deals are being made with unions and with single states just so they can pass their NUMBER 1 social agenda item?

Then there's the Kennedy factor. I'm betting there are a lot of first-time voters who never bothered before because there was the perception that Kennedy was always going to be a shoe-in.

New faces probably meant a few more people got out and voted. It would be interesting to the see the number of people who voted compared to Kennedy's last win.
This is one of the few times you actually demonstrate your cluelessness of American politics.

Forum List

Back