Congratulations Sarah Palin! You're going to be a grandmother.

It is a matter of basic rights. Our own founding documents speak of the inalienable rights of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Healthcare, medicare, medicaid, and social security are not rights. They are govt. programs that are privileges. That being said, we should do more to protect those lives once born. You are correct in that my party does does seemd to forget about that life that it wants to protect once born. We can do more and should.

Okay, so when a child has a child and has no medical insurance, no job, no education and was kicked out of her house for having a baby, you're going to take her in and take care of them, right??

Once again, the question of abortion SHOULD NOT BE A POLITICAL ISSUE. It's a medical, religious or moral issue that no one should be able to decide except for the mother (and father) and her doctor.

Don't push your religious and moral values on everyone else . . . they're personal choices. Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Yeah . . . I'm sure a 17 year old girl who was sexually abused by a family member and ends up pregnant will be really happy trying to pursue a life of hapiness dealing with an unwanted pregnancy and then having to either (a) look at that child every day and remember what happened to her, or (b) go through delivering a child and then wondering the rest of her life where he/she is and how his or her life is working out. Yep . . . surely she'll be thrilled with her life.

:cranky:

No you don't. You do everything for the foetus, but once born, tuff shit if they are poor, without healtcare, etc. You want to get rid of medicare, medicaid, social security and give MSAs to people who don't have a job. The ruling right doesn't give a crap about these groups unless it involves votes. Please don't paint your self as the moral angels of politics.:cuckoo:

What a crock of Alibable.

:eusa_clap::eusa_clap::eusa_clap::eusa_clap::eusa_clap::eusa_clap::eusa_clap::eusa_clap::eusa_clap:

Okay, so when a child has a child and has no medical insurance, no job, no education and was kicked out of her house for having a baby, you're going to take her in and take care of them, right??

Once again, the question of abortion SHOULD NOT BE A POLITICAL ISSUE. It's a medical, religious or moral issue that no one should be able to decide except for the mother (and father) and her doctor.

Don't push your religious and moral values on everyone else . . . they're personal choices. Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Yeah . . . I'm sure a 17 year old girl who was sexually abused by a family member and ends up pregnant will be really happy trying to pursue a life of hapiness dealing with an unwanted pregnancy and then having to either (a) look at that child every day and remember what happened to her, or (b) go through delivering a child and then wondering the rest of her life where he/she is and how his or her life is working out. Yep . . . surely she'll be thrilled with her life.

:cranky:

You assume too much about me here. I wasn't pushing an agenda, I was responding to a comment. I hold exceptions in my my pro-life stance for incest, rape, and protection of the life of the mother. Ultimately, it will always be choice. Even if abortions were banned, women and young girls alike would seek out solutions to what they consider a "problem" by finding unsafe alternatives, such as a med school drop out with with a coat hanger and a shop vac. Abortion should be heavily regulated, but not illegal.

That being said, it doesn't change what I said before. Our founding documents allow for life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. I guess you don't want that right extended to something you would refer to as a "fetus."

Because Governor Palin doesn't have a remote control to her daughter's vagina.

The difficulty is the staunce position that Sarah Palin takes on the abortion, birth control and family values issues. It makes for good press when your daughter goes off does this. The Bristol did what she did mom and McCain are going to get blasted for it. The press won't let this one go. The daughter is going to take some shots because that is the reality of American politics. Everything is fair game.

I thought Obama was good when he said that this should not happen in the press. That is was a family issue. Maybe he will take the high road on this.

Maybe he will take the high road on this.

MSNBC and CNN won't.

Keith Olbermann, Chris Matthews, Wolf Blitzer, Campbell Brown, and all those "objective" journalists are going to talk about this all week. They risk firing up middle American Republicans, and if I were Obama, I'd actually try to get the media to talk about his campaign, not make the GOP more defiant about their candidate.

The difficulty is the staunce position that Sarah Palin takes on the abortion, birth control and family values issues. It makes for good press when your daughter goes off does this. The Bristol did what she did mom and McCain are going to get blasted for it. The press won't let this one go. The daughter is going to take some shots because that is the reality of American politics. Everything is fair game.

I thought Obama was good when he said that this should not happen in the press. That is was a family issue. Maybe he will take the high road on this.

The announcement was a hoax--he wants his minions to run with it.

really? what are they gonna do----burn her at the stake? :lol:

No, the far right stopped doing that a couple of years ago. Now adays they circulate morality based newsletters and tell everyone to stay at home on election day.

You're fooling yourself if you don't think McCain will lose some crucial votes during crunch time. :lol:

No, the far right stopped doing that a couple of years ago. Now adays they circulate morality based newsletters and tell everyone to stay at home on election day.

You're fooling yourself if you don't think McCain will lose some crucial votes during crunch time. :lol:

He will gain some and loose some---I would imagine this possiblity has crossed the mind of his party ,don't you? The far right loonies may think Sarah is a saint for NOT aborting a DS child and be willing to forgive her daughter in light of it. You can't tell what people will do when the time to pull that switch comes around.

This will be old news in a day or two.

The votes Bristol Palin's pregnancy would cost McCain are from people who are just pissed she isn't going to abort - but those psychos are already voting for Ubama.

The non-drug addict half of the electorate is behind the Palin family:

Evangelicals rally behind Palin after pregnancy news - CNN.com

6a00c2251ce3f4f21900e398f379e80004-320pi

The votes Bristol Palin's pregnancy would cost McCain are from people who are just pissed she isn't going to abort - but those psychos are already voting for Ubama.

My oh my--those crazy evangelicals ! :lol:
Hmmm how many people here are havign crow for dinner tonight ? :lol:

It'll find it's way out of the news cycle but people won't forgot. Whenever Palin starts talking about family values people will look at her and say, "Hey aren't you the one with the 17 year old daughter that's pregnant out-of-wedlock." Then they'll do this: :rolleyes:

BTW, what about Dobson's comments:

"Being a Christian does not mean you're perfect. Nor does it mean your children are perfect. But it does mean there is forgiveness and restoration when we confess our imperfections to the Lord. I've been the beneficiary of that forgiveness and restoration in my own life countless times, as I'm sure the Palins have," Dobson said."

I'm sure that's exactly what Bristol needs right now, a good pep talk from Dobson saying she's not a perfect child and that the Lord will forgive her for getting knocked up.

It'll find it's way out of the news cycle but people won't forgot. Whenever Palin starts talking about family values people will look at her and say, "Hey aren't you the one with the 17 year old daughter that's pregnant out-of-wedlock." Then they'll do this: :rolleyes:

BTW, what about Dobson's comments:

"Being a Christian does not mean you're perfect. Nor does it mean your children are perfect. But it does mean there is forgiveness and restoration when we confess our imperfections to the Lord. I've been the beneficiary of that forgiveness and restoration in my own life countless times, as I'm sure the Palins have," Dobson said."

I'm sure that's exactly what Bristol needs right now, a good pep talk from Dobson saying she's not a perfect child and that the Lord will forgive her for getting knocked up.
i'm pretty sure she has already had that talk from mom & dad

Unconditionally loving your daughter is a family value.

Supporting her during an unplanned pregnancy is a family value.

Being forthright about your mistakes and shortcomings is a family value.

Raising responsible children who do the right thing after messing up is a famly value.

Giving an innocent life the chance to be born is a family value.

Holding yourself and your family to a standard that can't always be attained is a family value.

It's win-win for the Palins and McCain, or at least would be if this story weren't destined to die a quiet death in the next 48 hours.

Unconditionally loving your daughter is a family value.

Supporting her during an unplanned pregnancy is a family value.

Being forthright about your mistakes and shortcomings is a family value.

Raising responsible children who do the right thing after messing up is a famly value.

Giving an innocent life the chance to be born is a family value.

Holding yourself and your family to a standard that can't always be attained is a family value.

It's win-win for the Palins and McCain, or at least would be if this story weren't destined to die a quiet death in the next 48 hours.

I guess we shall see if Obama can control his supporters or not. Good points.

HA! Spin and deny it all you want, my friends. The honeymoon with Palin is over. :badgrin:

Forum List

Back