Congratulations President Obama

dgirl77024

Rookie
Oct 31, 2008
Nope, no sour grapes here. I figure I wouldn't have been much happier if McCain had won because I have never felt either party did their best to give us candidates we could really root for, but the people have spoken and I'm fine with that.

Now is the time to put all the bickering aside and pull together because we are going to need every ounce of strength we can muster from here on out.

I hope I have been wrong about Obama. I really mean that, because if I was right, this is going to be a very dark chapter in American history. A very dark chapter indeed.

Let us all hope President Obama is the great man he tells us he is, the leader he assures us he can be and the hope eveyone has been praying for for so long.

I'm not going to start in tomorrow morning knocking the man. I will give him my support and my hopes and my good wishes, just like I did George Bush, until he let me down.

Lets all try to move forward now, bind our wounds, forgive our enemies and hope for a better tomorrow.

Nope, no sour grapes here. I figure I wouldn't have been much happier if McCain had won because I have never felt either party did their best to give us candidates we could really root for, but the people have spoken and I'm fine with that.

Now is the time to put all the bickering aside and pull together because we are going to need every ounce of strength we can muster from here on out.

I hope I have been wrong about Obama. I really mean that, because if I was right, this is going to be a very dark chapter in American history. A very dark chapter indeed.

Let us all hope President Obama is the great man he tells us he is, the leader he assures us he can be and the hope eveyone has been praying for for so long.

I'm not going to start in tomorrow morning knocking the man. I will give him my support and my hopes and my good wishes, just like I did George Bush, until he let me down.

Lets all try to move forward now, bind our wounds, forgive our enemies and hope for a better tomorrow.

I did the same thing with Bush, was happy with him right up until the war on Iraq.

I will support Obama until he does something stupid like Bush did, or until or unless it comes out that he wasn't elegible to run for president in the first place. I still believe his paternal grandmother who says she was there when he was born.

You are here!! How cool is that!!? Do you like the new board? I do. No trolls and the miscreants get the boot. Did you get my 'Vinegar Pie' recipe??If not I'll send.
Good to see you Grams, I think now more than ever it's important to keep our eye on those pesky politicians.:eek:and I intend to do my part.

Obama may be the answer to all our dreams and I would be crazy not to hope. I find myself in a funny place and I'm still adjusting to it:

For the first time in my life I want so badly to be wrong! And if I'm right I will derive no joy from it because that's my country on the line and how can I applaud that??

Strange days ahead, make no mistake about it.
Keep that great disposition, Sweetie.
Talk to me soon and often

Lynne

You are here!! How cool is that!!? Do you like the new board? I do. No trolls and the miscreants get the boot. Did you get my 'Vinegar Pie' recipe??If not I'll send.
Good to see you Grams, I think now more than ever it's important to keep our eye on those pesky politicians.:eek:and I intend to do my part.

Obama may be the answer to all our dreams and I would be crazy not to hope. I find myself in a funny place and I'm still adjusting to it:

For the first time in my life I want so badly to be wrong! And if I'm right I will derive no joy from it because that's my country on the line and how can I applaud that??

Strange days ahead, make no mistake about it.
Keep that great disposition, Sweetie.
Talk to me soon and often

Lynne

Ummm...I'm not grams..I'm AgainSheila, she's GrammaSheila. There's two Sheilas over there, but we are both great.

"It will be a stirring sight to see President Obama, his wife, Michelle, and their beautiful girls step through the doors of the White House," the president said. "I know millions of Americans will be overcome with pride at this inspiring moment that so many have waited so long." President George W. Bush

ObamafulllengthMuslimdress.jpg

Ummm...I'm not grams..I'm AgainSheila, she's GrammaSheila. There's two Sheilas over there, but we are both great.

But never mind, I like you too. And if you'd like that Vinegar Pie recipe I'll be glad to send it.

Welcome. :redface:

Lynne

Wow. Miss the Politics forum by much?:eusa_clap:

Hi All I'm here to I'm just going to hunker down and try to stay safe for the next 4 years. But I'll still be watching congress and praying we can all stay safe.

The dark time was the last eight years!

This should be a wake-up call as to what to expect if 20 million illegal aliens are given amnesty. We have seen the power of the Hispanic vote but we have seen nothing yet until anchor babies come of voteing age and another amnesty.

This should be a wake-up call as to what to expect if 20 million illegal aliens are given amnesty. We have seen the power of the Hispanic vote but we have seen nothing yet until anchor babies come of voteing age and another amnesty.

I think it's passed time to end birthright citizenship for children born to illegals. I have a hard time beleive our forefathers who wrote an amendment which specifically denied citizenship to children born here to legal diplomats, was ever intended to grant citizenship to children born to illegal aliens.

I would like to see Amendment 14 brought to the supreme court and a decision made on exactly what the intent was toward children born to illegal aliens.

The dark time was the last eight years!

Actually it started in the 70's with changes in corporate law and hit really hard in the last 8 years. If our government doesn't make some serious changes in corporate law, the dark times will only get worse.

We're they only country in the world that ships our jobs overseas, brings in foreigners to do jobs here AND let's illegals come in and take low paying jobs from our poor population.

When my job was sent to India, I offered to go with it, I was good at it, and I could live a lot better on $4.00 an hour in India than I can on $8.50 an hour here. But of course, those jobs were for THEIR citizens, they weren't going to let an American take a job from an Indian citizen.

The free trade initiatives are not free trade, they force us to allow foreign goods in without tarrifs but they are never reciprical, plus, our corporations that move to those countries don't have to follow the same laws here. Americans cannot compete with 3rd world countries until we ourselves become a 3rd world country.

Last edited:
I really mean that, because if I was right, this is going to be a very dark chapter in American history. A very dark chapter indeed.
It took me a while to figure out why you put this in the immigration forum, but I think I've figured it out.

Ravi, don't give me too much credit. This really was more of an 'Election' post but I'm new here (no excuse) and I really posted it on the wrong thread(technically) and I did repeat this post over on 'Election' when I saw my error.

That is not to say I didn't have immigration in mind when I posted it, just not at the top of my mind,:eusa_whistle: because it all goes to country, soverienty and what is possibble in the next few years.

I do not see immigration reform being high on Obamas' list of things to do.

Time will tell and we shall see.

I did the same thing with Bush, was happy with him right up until the war on Iraq.

I will support Obama until he does something stupid like Bush did, or until or unless it comes out that he wasn't elegible to run for president in the first place. I still believe his paternal grandmother who says she was there when he was born.

I don't believe there is any way he could have gotten as far as he did if he wasn't a citizen. That's just silly.

The Afro-Americans would have elected a dead man as long as he was black. They would have elected O.J. Simpson, no doubt! If Barack would’ve had O.J. as a running mate, he wouldn’t have had to spend so much money!

Forum List

Back