Congratulations President Obama

Discussion in 'Immigration/Illegal Immigration' started by dgirl77024, Nov 5, 2008.

1. dgirl77024

dgirl77024 Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Nope, no sour grapes here. I figure I wouldn't have been much happier if McCain had won because I have never felt either party did their best to give us candidates we could really root for, but the people have spoken and I'm fine with that.

Now is the time to put all the bickering aside and pull together because we are going to need every ounce of strength we can muster from here on out.

I hope I have been wrong about Obama. I really mean that, because if I was right, this is going to be a very dark chapter in American history. A very dark chapter indeed.

Let us all hope President Obama is the great man he tells us he is, the leader he assures us he can be and the hope eveyone has been praying for for so long.

I'm not going to start in tomorrow morning knocking the man. I will give him my support and my hopes and my good wishes, just like I did George Bush, until he let me down.

Lets all try to move forward now, bind our wounds, forgive our enemies and hope for a better tomorrow.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Againsheila

Againsheila Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,700

I did the same thing with Bush, was happy with him right up until the war on Iraq.

I will support Obama until he does something stupid like Bush did, or until or unless it comes out that he wasn't elegible to run for president in the first place. I still believe his paternal grandmother who says she was there when he was born.

3. dgirl77024

dgirl77024 Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8
    You are here!! How cool is that!!? Do you like the new board? I do. No trolls and the miscreants get the boot. Did you get my 'Vinegar Pie' recipe??If not I'll send.
    Good to see you Grams, I think now more than ever it's important to keep our eye on those pesky politicians.:eek:and I intend to do my part.

Obama may be the answer to all our dreams and I would be crazy not to hope. I find myself in a funny place and I'm still adjusting to it:

For the first time in my life I want so badly to be wrong! And if I'm right I will derive no joy from it because that's my country on the line and how can I applaud that??

Strange days ahead, make no mistake about it.
    Keep that great disposition, Sweetie.
    Talk to me soon and often

Lynne

4. Againsheila

Againsheila Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,700
    Ummm...I'm not grams..I'm AgainSheila, she's GrammaSheila. There's two Sheilas over there, but we are both great.

5. Grismonda

Grismonda BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29

"It will be a stirring sight to see President Obama, his wife, Michelle, and their beautiful girls step through the doors of the White House," the president said. "I know millions of Americans will be overcome with pride at this inspiring moment that so many have waited so long." President George W. Bush

6. Sovereignty

Sovereignty USA

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19
    [​IMG]

7. dgirl77024

dgirl77024 Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8

But never mind, I like you too. And if you'd like that Vinegar Pie recipe I'll be glad to send it.

Welcome. :redface:

Lynne

8. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    Wow. Miss the Politics forum by much?:eusa_clap:

9. Mom Marie 1946

Mom Marie 1946 MomMarie1946

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Hi All I'm here to I'm just going to hunker down and try to stay safe for the next 4 years. But I'll still be watching congress and praying we can all stay safe.

10. dgirl77024

dgirl77024 Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Why Gunny, was that a shot??:lol:

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1