Congratulations President Obama

Michael seems a little bit out of touch with reality here:

"America has grown increasingly poorer with each of his "successes."

Obama's "Success" is America's failure.

I HOPE HE FAILS" dusting off a 2 y/o qoute from Rush I see.

Allow me to respond with two fundamentals:

One: Obama's policies do not make people poorer. Taking money from those that have to "give" it to those that don't make people poorer. b/c the Fed takes it cut first and then may not even spread the wealth. fyi; welfare is a failed policy.
You can blame job losses squarely on the previous administration. Yep, Barney Franks and the dims killed us in the last 2 years. I know you have heard that too many times by now, but the truth of it is inescapable. Franks should be in jail. This point has been confirmed by the US Bureau of Employment Statistics.
Follow the money trail: two new Bush wars, good lord, must I explain what happened on 9/11 AGAIN? more jobs moving overseas, NAFTA was a clinton idea. a booming China b/c they adopted a form of capitalism /EU economy,uhm they are rioting right now. a lack of federal stimulus to support the overextended US banking system, You wanted Bush to dump more money? and a needless tax break for the wealthiest Americans What tax break did they get that we didn't? all lead to our present economic demise. shh, don't mention clintons bubbles, it will confuse him. So please, stop watching FOX and buying into their constant flow of lies and conspiracies. Since MSN's lies are so much better.They do not have anything productive to say about Obama in spite of the millions of new jobs created. You clearly have never watched. We dumped $1.4 Trillion for tops of 3 million jobs. Do the math, it aint pretty,

Two: Hoping Obama fails while hoping the economy recovers is contradictory. Not true, then man knows jack and squat about economy. So hoping his economy killing ideas don't pass is dead on the money <get the pun?>
It's like hoping both the Yankees beat the Giants and the Giants beat the Yankees in the same game. Are you smoking dope?
In spite of what you learned on FOX, Obama is actually trying to save the US economy. His actions and lack there of speak otherwiseThink of him as a sort of "Clean Up Crew" after eight years of drunken and irresponsible spending. That's the worst analogy you could have used since he has out spent Bush already. With that in mind, hoping Obama fails is the same as encouraging the economy to fail. wrong
It's far more effective [for you and for the current administration] to aim for the same thing. wrong Ex: "Obama wants to boost employment, no he doesn't therefore I will not look for a job...". I look for a second one daily. especially since my HCI went up by 40%

I think it far more constructive to ask yourself "why" you would want Obama to fail, I don't want to rely on the government for handouts. I am no ones slave. especially since he is fighting for you (assuming you're a middle-class citizen). yea, fuck the working poor. Thanks.And while you're at it, consider the fact that, as you and I are getting poorer, the wealthy are getting wealthier. oh really, how so? Perhaps you should point your finger at those who have the power to change the economy, but refuse to lift a finger. you mean the people that sign my pay check? The people in order to stay in business had to pass the cost of my benefits on to me?

And which party has been fighting to make sure that doesn't change? [Hint: Their initials are GOP.]

Damn, you are one died in the wool fanboy aren't you...

Not one free thought, nothing original, just talking points that we have been listening to non-stop for 2 years

2012 can't get here fast enough.

Yes, 2012, when Obama wins a second term.

^^^^^^^^^:lol::cuckoo:
Obaama-sheep--46604.jpg

No conservative wanted to bailout anybody so don't try to pin that shit on us.

Don't worry.

I am sure if you had been in charge, we would have had a second Great Depression.

The Depression of 1920 was deeper than the one of 1929. Yet, most of the decade following it was one of exceptional growth. Why was the Depression of 1929 the Great Depression when it wasnt as deep?

Easy. In 1920, The Federal Government cut taxes and spending and stayed out of the way. In 1929, the Government tried to micromanage the economy.

We've been this recession for several years now. Who would have forseen it when the President is doing the same things done in 1929? I mean other than people who pay attention.

No conservative wanted to bailout anybody so don't try to pin that shit on us.

Don't worry.

I am sure if you had been in charge, we would have had a second Great Depression.

The Depression of 1920 was deeper than the one of 1929. Yet, most of the decade following it was one of exceptional growth. Why was the Depression of 1929 the Great Depression when it wasnt as deep?

Easy. In 1920, The Federal Government cut taxes and spending and stayed out of the way. In 1929, the Government tried to micromanage the economy.

We've been this recession for several years now. Who would have forseen it when the President is doing the same things done in 1929? I mean other than people who pay attention.

actually in 1929 when all the banks defaulted people lost access to their money. or did you forget about that part of the depression..

Healthcare and insurance reform, Wall Street reform, Food Safety Act, Credit Card Reform, START treaty, first responder healthcare bill, a profitable GM, fair pay act for women, student loan reform, the stimulus, the repeal of DADT, the end of combat in Iraq, the best stock market rise in decades, and the restoration of America's positive image in the world...all in two short years.

Now what will the Republican Congress give us they get in?

Attacks on climate scientists, stem cell research, school boards that believe in evolution, and then they will try to roll back any regulation on insurance companies, oil companies, Wall Street banks, or the wealthy.

I can hardly wait.

Chris...a hopefully entitled law is not the same as a GOOD LAW.

The devil is in the details, sport.

Obama has FAILED to produce significant changes in policies.

Hey, but I don't entirely blame him.

Congress helped.

FDR's policies prolonged Depression by 7 years, UCLA economists calculate

Two UCLA economists say they have figured out why the Great Depression dragged on for almost 15 years, and they blame a suspect previously thought to be beyond reproach: President Franklin D. Roosevelt.

After scrutinizing Roosevelt's record for four years, Harold L. Cole and Lee E. Ohanian conclude in a new study that New Deal policies signed into law 71 years ago thwarted economic recovery for seven long years.

"Why the Great Depression lasted so long has always been a great mystery, and because we never really knew the reason, we have always worried whether we would have another 10- to 15-year economic slump," said Ohanian, vice chair of UCLA's Department of Economics. "We found that a relapse isn't likely unless lawmakers gum up a recovery with ill-conceived stimulus policies."

In an article in the August issue of the Journal of Political Economy, Ohanian and Cole blame specific anti-competition and pro-labor measures that Roosevelt promoted and signed into law June 16, 1933.

"President Roosevelt believed that excessive competition was responsible for the Depression by reducing prices and wages, and by extension reducing employment and demand for goods and services," said Cole, also a UCLA professor of economics. "So he came up with a recovery package that would be unimaginable today, allowing businesses in every industry to collude without the threat of antitrust prosecution and workers to demand salaries about 25 percent above where they ought to have been, given market forces. The economy was poised for a beautiful recovery, but that recovery was stalled by these misguided policies."

FDR's policies prolonged Depression by 7 years, UCLA economists calculate / UCLA Newsroom

You know what got us out of the Depression?

Fascism and the 90% tax rates that went to putting people to supplyin gthe war effort.

You want to know why we stayed in a depression as long as we did?

SUPPLY SIDE economic policies trumped the pittance of FDR's DEMAND side policies.

There was just no way in hell that the superwealthy (who didn't mind the depression one bit, thank you very much) were not about to invest in productivity (for whom? consumers had no money) because there was no profit to be had by investing.

So while the USA people slipped slowly into economic disaster, the rich didn't give a flying fig about their fellow Americans.

It wasn't until the Fascists in Germany and Japan threatened those very same rich people, that they suddenly remembered how much they loved this nation.

And FWIW, I note that the wealthy loved this nation a WHOLE LOT MORE when the Commies were threatening to put them all up against a wall, but very quickly forgot how much they love the American people the moment the WALL CAME DOWN.

Since the wall fell the rich have enjoyed a 50% DECREASE in taxes.

Their net worths have risen dramtically.

Meanwhile the average American has worked harder, gotten more education and seen less reward for their efforts than the previous (cold war) working class.

Could be coincidence.

I highly doubt it, though.

Last edited:
You know what got us out of the Depression?

Fascism and the 90% tax rates that went to putting people to supplyin gthe war effort.

You want to know why we stayed in a depression as long as we did?

SUPPLY SIDE economic policies trumped the pittance of FDR's DEMAND side policies.

There was just no way in hell that the superwealthy (who didn't mind the depression one bit, thank you very much) were not about to invest in productivity (for whom? consumers had no money) because there was no profit to be had by investing.

So while the USA people slipped slowly into economic disaster, the rich didn't give a flying fig about their fellow Americans.

It wasn't until the Fascists in Germany and Japan threatened those very same rich people, that they suddenly remembered how much they loved this nation.

And FWIW, I note that the wealthy loved this nation a WHOLE LOT MORE when the Commies were threatening to put them all up against a wall, but very quickly forgot how much they love the American people the moment the WALL CAME DOWN.

Since the wall fell the rich have enjoyed a 50% DECREASE in taxes.

Their net worths have risen dramtically.

Meanwhile the average American has worked harder, gotten more education and seen less reward for their efforts than the previous (cold war) working class.

Could be coincidence.

I highly doubt it, though.

:clap2:Thank you for you're stupid liberal class warfare talking points....You have just contributed absolutely nothing to the conversation...Congratulations

Chris did you thank obama for allowing unlawful dententions of American citizens without cause and without charges?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBdPEK5pNtE[/ame]

Forum List

Back