Congratulations Mitt

gonewt2012

Rookie
Jun 15, 2011
By definition this lock on the nomination proves you to be the better politician.

My sincere wish to you is luck, godspeed and victory in November.

My hope is that you distinguish yourself from the two Bush's, Clinton and Obama.

My fear is of the existential threat that is the national debt.

My promise to you is disaster for the Republican party if you, like those four stooges, perpetuate the folly of crony capitalism and simply re-arrange who's sitting in what golden deck chair.

By definition this lock on the nomination proves you to be the better politician.

My sincere wish to you is luck, godspeed and victory in November.

My hope is that you distinguish yourself from the two Bush's, Clinton and Obama.

My fear is of the existential threat that is the national debt.

My promise to you is disaster for the Republican party if you, like those four stooges, perpetuate the folly of crony capitalism and simply re-arrange who's sitting in what golden deck chair.
Better say your Good-Byes, as well.....before the Obama TIDAL-WAVE commences.....and, proceeds to wash Mitt Romney to that desert-isle of Political Wannabes. Bob Dole could (probably) use the company.

2012 Election; See: 1996

"In 1995, the Republican Party was riding high on the gains made in the 1994 congressional elections. In those elections, the Republicans, led by Newt Gingrich, captured the majority of seats in the United States House of Representatives for the first time in 40 years and the majority of seats in the U.S. Senate for the first time in eight years."​

President Romney will look like George Washington compared to the hapless fuck Obama, who has proved to anyone that he couldn't run a Bake Sale.

There is no way to make Romney seem likable and human, how the hell is he supposed to win?

There is no way to make Romney seem likable and human

Fortunately, the rest of us aren't looking for a communist leader.

Likability is probably the single most important quality to getting elected president.

Really? See, I've always gone for competence and judgement. Damn, that must be where I'm going wrong.... I should just vote for the 'nice' guy.

I now understand why our Presidents of late have been total clusterfucks.

There is no way to make Romney seem likable and human

Likability is probably the single most important quality to getting elected president.

Your logical fallacy, of course, is that since Obama has a higher 'likability' rating at this point (Romney rating is similar to Bill Clinton's at this point in the game), then Romney is sub-human.

It has always been inevitable that Mitt would take the nomination with most credible GOP candidates sitting this one out. The difficulty he had with obviously flawed candidates like Santorum, Gingrich, Cain and Paul does not bode well on the general election.
Still, he is the most centrist Republican in the group and can draw votes if the economy crashes

Really? See, I've always gone for competence and judgement. Damn, that must be where I'm going wrong.... I should just vote for the 'nice' guy.

I now understand why our Presidents of late have been total clusterfucks.

None of them would have ever gotten to that point without being fairly exceptional to start with.

Yeah, I'll admit it, Romney and Obama are exceptional guys in terms of accomplishment.

So once you've admitted they have competence and judgement, likability is a real factor. Can I stand having to listen to this guy for the next four to eight years? Does he have any empathy for people like me and what we are going through.

And in Romney's case, the answer is an emphatic, "NOPE!"

You see, Obama's already got the job, he's already passed the competence, judgement and likability tests.

Romney's goal is to get everyone who voted for McCain last time to vote for him and then find about 5 million people who voted for Obama last time to admit they made a mistake and vote for him...

Ain't gonna happen.

President Romney will look like George Washington compared to the hapless fuck Obama, who has proved to anyone that he couldn't run a Bake Sale.

It's sad that the bar you're setting for the next president is simply "better than Obama".

It has always been inevitable that Mitt would take the nomination with most credible GOP candidates sitting this one out. The difficulty he had with obviously flawed candidates like Santorum, Gingrich, Cain and Paul does not bode well on the general election.
Still, he is the most centrist Republican in the group and can draw votes if the economy crashes

I'm reminded of that scene under the twinkling florescent lights in "Joe Versus the Volcano".

I have 16 trillion reasons to sincerely hope that he can do the job.

I have confidence that he'll approach from the perspective on the debt that we have a spending problem ... my concern is whether or not he'll have the care to manage the overhaul of the tax system to keep it from being a giveaway.

It would be a damn shame to see us go down under the weight of George Bush III hidden behind a mask of straight-arrow competence. As far as the alternative is concerned, he's shown his cards in this regard. I got plenty of kind things to say about Obama, but his management of the deficit doesn't elicit any of them.

Forum List

Back