Congratulations Michiganites. You now have the big boot of Labor lifted from your bac

Come on right wingers. The obvious choice is fewer jobs with more pay. Take away unions and you do get more jobs, but with less pay and fewer benefits. You guys can't possibly be so stupid you don't know it. What kind of world do you guys live in?

----------------------------------

MUNCIE, Ind.—Jerry D. Bumpus Sr. was a member of the United Auto Workers union for four decades and earned as much as $28 an hour at a General Motors Co. GM +0.02% car-parts plant before accepting a bonus to retire at age 60 five years ago.

On a recent Saturday morning, Mr. Bumpus, wearing a black jacket and clutching his résumé, was one of several thousand people lining up to apply for jobs at a new Caterpillar Inc. CAT +0.57% plant that makes train locomotives here. Those jobs start at as low as $12 an hour plus benefits, and there is no union representing the workers.

In Rust Belt, Caterpillar Finds Labor Can Be Cheap - WSJ.com

Michigan is one of the few states that's losing population along with jobs and its the biggest union state around.

Idiot

Republicans like how Foxcon does things, but first they must crush all hope in the American work force. Don't know how they think we can remain any sort of a going economy if the working class never gets a meaningful raise again.

Republicans like how Foxcon does things, but first they must crush all hope in the American work force. Don't know how they think we can remain any sort of a going economy if the working class never gets a meaningful raise again.

Dude. You are a moron.

7% of the private workforce are union slugs.

We all know you're in your mom's basement posting in your feces crusted underwear.....

Unions made themselves obsolete when they overreached with their protectionism. Protecting workers who were drinking and doping on the job. Protecting lo-tech jobs that should be shipped overseas to developing nations. Things of that nature.

We need a smarter, more cutting edge workforce. The days of growing up to work in the same factory as your dad are over.

Our education system must be retooled to train our workforce for the jobs of tomorrow, not the jobs of yesterday.

Too bad the labor unions and the teachers unions have never caught on to that. They are holding us back, trying to keep us a nation of drunken lava lamp assembly line workers.

Last edited:

Dude. You are a moron.

Is it 7? I thought it was 9. Either way its miniscule in the over all picture. I'm sure in the next decade it will be half of whatever it is now.

I have been extremely anti union since they protested me daily on a commercial job for months. The net result was that the company who's work I did a vast majority of hired out all future contracts to a company from Poland.

FUCK THE UNION

We all know you're in your mom's basement posting in your feces crusted underwear.....

Your crystal ball is malfunctioning, want to explain how the conservatives are not uniformly anti-worker or just more retarded insults?

Your crystal ball is malfunctioning, want to explain how the conservatives are not uniformly anti-worker or just more retarded insults?

We are not anti worker. Why are you pro extortion?

Feces boy....unions drove most auto companies to the brink of disaster....that is not job secruity.

Michigan has both the highest unionization and unemployment rates in the Midwest.

You are the anti-worker, sheep.

Dude. You are a moron.

Is it 7? I thought it was 9. Either way its miniscule in the over all picture. I'm sure in the next decade it will be half of whatever it is now.

I have been extremely anti union since they protested me daily on a commercial job for months. The net result was that the company who's work I did a vast majority of hired out all future contracts to a company from Poland.

FUCK THE UNION

It doesn't matter, current levels are still enough to fund enough labor lawyers to make it hard for plutocrats everywhere looking to gut all the worker protections in the legal code, not just this one thing. When you look at the whole thing it is clear we are headed more towards wage parity with China than anything. Social mobility is dead, you people helped kill it.

Dude. You are a moron.

FUCK THE UNION

It doesn't matter, current levels are still enough to fund enough labor lawyers to make it hard for plutocrats everywhere looking to gut all the worker protections in the legal code, not just this one thing. When you look at the whole thing it is clear we are headed more towards wage parity with China than anything. Social mobility is dead, you people helped kill it.

Wrong. Unions accomplished their own demise through their own greed and thugish tactics. If they didn't bankrupt companies through their outlandish demands companies wouldn't be running from them.

Dude. You are a moron.

FUCK THE UNION

Michigan has both the highest rate of unionization and the highest rate of unemployment in the midwest.

'Us peeps' didn't do that. The enemy is you.

Im watching news coverage of the protests right now. Violence has already broken out on the grounds of the state house. Vandalism and fights. I also just heard a democratic law maker proclaim "there will be blood" from the house floor.

This is the thuggish bullshit we always talk about but you all ignore it because the victims are mostly white republicans and not gay democratic minorities.

Yup. More workers, lower wages, no benefits.

How right wing of you.

Most hi-tech jobs are non-union, and they are very highly paid with great benefits.

Nice try.

How about meat cutting jobs? How are those doing since the government/corporations crushed labor unions in America?

I don't want to argue the point, but everyone knows why the right wing wants to eliminate the few remaining remnants of organized labor in the U.S. They want to reduce the power of democracy by turning working Americans into pure, powerless debt slaves.

That's no secret at all--the right wing has always stood opposed to democracy and worker rights.

If only non unionized workers understood whats good for them...............LOL

FUCK THE UNION

Wrong. Unions accomplished their own demise through their own greed and thugish tactics. If they didn't bankrupt companies through their outlandish demands companies wouldn't be running from them.

Sorry, I just can't see that as your concern here, the exact same people (big business lobbyists) who pushed this are also fighting against everything else that is/was a barrier to exploitation, the entire body of labor law is under attack from these people. You and the others need to quit talking about this as a boon to workers, it's blatant corporatism and it ends with working people making less and less every year until we are no better off than the poor saps who toil in third world hellholes. How far do we need to go towards that kind of shameful wage slavery before the labor movement becomes a good thing again?

Last edited:
Im watching news coverage of the protests right now. Violence has already broken out on the grounds of the state house. Vandalism and fights. I also just heard a democratic law maker proclaim "there will be blood" from the house floor.

This is the thuggish bullshit we always talk about but you all ignore it because the victims are mostly white republicans and not gay democratic minorities.

You want to talk thuggish? At 11:00 am the governor made an announcement that he was going to go back on his promises, by 8:00 the bill had been voted on and passed with no discussion, they brought this down on their heads knowing there was going to be a massive backlash, they knew what the result would be and did it anyway.

You want to talk thuggish? At 11:00 am the governor made an announcement that he was going to go back on his promises, by 8:00 the bill had been voted on and passed with no discussion, they brought this down on their heads knowing there was going to be a massive backlash, they knew what the result would be and did it anyway.

Obamacare says hello

Forum List

Back