Congratulations, Joan!

jimnyc

Aug 28, 2003
New York
My Mommy is retiring today after many loyal years of service to her company in NJ. Enjoy your retirement, you've earned it!! :)

It's with a lot of mixed feelings that I'm going to work today at all! I am so happy to get away from the corporate lifestyle, but finding it very hard to leave the many people that I've known over the years! Some friendships will last forever (yes, with my "sisters" Dorian and Phyllis). I will even miss my gay boys - not to mention a couple of overly handsome boy toys (my eye candy). The hardest part of this is leaving my boss - the greatest boss one could ever ask for. Jim, he reminds me of you - his name is Jim also - A fresh mouthed young snot that I've worked for the past 7 years. You call me bonehead, he calls me doughhead. But I know with both of you, I can come to you with a problem or for advice and you will both drop what you're doing to help out! You are my sons, but I will always think of Jim as my "other" son! As for retirement itself, I think I will now have more time to kick my grandchildren's little butts into shape! Thanks for the good wishes!

Joan said:
It's with a lot of mixed feelings that I'm going to work today at all! I am so happy to get away from the corporate lifestyle, but finding it very hard to leave the many people that I've known over the years! Some friendships will last forever (yes, with my "sisters" Dorian and Phyllis). I will even miss my gay boys - not to mention a couple of overly handsome boy toys (my eye candy). The hardest part of this is leaving my boss - the greatest boss one could ever ask for. Jim, he reminds me of you - his name is Jim also - A fresh mouthed young snot that I've worked for the past 7 years. You call me bonehead, he calls me doughhead. But I know with both of you, I can come to you with a problem or for advice and you will both drop what you're doing to help out! You are my sons, but I will always think of Jim as my "other" son! As for retirement itself, I think I will now have more time to kick my grandchildren's little butts into shape! Thanks for the good wishes!

Ah, precious and bunny!!!! I think I need to barf!!! :puke:

Congrats!

Congratulations!! Save your self the trouble with the grandkids; just spoil em rotten then send them home to their parents.

Joan said:
..... I think I will now have more time to.....

Well, Joan, Congratulations on your retirement. What wonderful words you said about your boss; he should be honored.

But, the statement I left......Don't bet on it. :happy2:

Joan said:

Now you can concentrate on ridding Jimmy of those prison tattoos! Congrats.

Thanks to all! My first day of no work - and Janeen chooses to have her knee operated on - so guess who gets stuck with Jaelynn? Really though, I know she doesn't want anyone to know, but the knee is fine - she's really having a frontal lobotomy.

Joan said:
Thanks to all! My first day of no work - and Janeen chooses to have her knee operated on - so guess who gets stuck with Jaelynn? Really though, I know she doesn't want anyone to know, but the knee is fine - she's really having a frontal lobotomy.
Does the first day of no work feel like my first day out of the military???
PS You're so lucky!!!

Forum List

Back