Congratulations Bohner, for doing the right thing

I thought democrats was the party that wanted to protect social security. You do realize extending this will put more of a strain on SS?

They don't care so long as the snake oil salesmen is a dem. Watch when a conservative tries to end OR LOWER SS taxes. They'll be the mother of all granny killers.

More evil than Satan

Yep folks....jump for joy. for the Obama and his Democrats just saved your lives.........FOR TWO WHOLE MONTHS..you might get........................40bucks. now don't spend it all in one place.

now remember that when you all go out and VOTE.:lol:

Actually, it'll amount to about $170 for the two months. Which, as I recall, was about the same as what Bush's tax cuts gave me for an entire year.

Bohner agreed to the payroll tax extension.

Who said Republicans were intransigent?

A muted House Speaker John Boehner announced today that Republicans have decided to accept a short-term extension of the payroll tax cut, preventing a hike in taxes just nine days before the tax break expires for 160 million Americans.

House GOP leaders appeared to be adopting a compromise suggested by Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell to pass the two-month extension in exchange for the Senate appointing members to a conference committee, which will negotiate a longer-term solution. The proposal won a nod of approval from President Obama and Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid.

House Republicans Cave on Payroll Tax Cut Extension, Obama Assails GOP Leadership - ABC News

I know you probably meant that as sarcasm but really, in Congressional politics; few truly important bills make it to the President's desk without some sort of hemming and hawning. If anything, I'm a Democrat--I think that has been established. And I am disgusted with the actions of the Senate. Just hold the damn votes for crying out loud. If nothing else...its in your fucking job description in a republic...we elect you to vote for us dumbfucks!

The fact that the House leadership delayed a bill for a couple of days, wow....no big injury. If you don't like the tactic, send Harry Reid an e-mail because he's become the dark lord of playing politics with legislation.

That being said, Boehner didn't just give up the ghost because of Holly in his Heart....he saw the public reaction and decided to eat crow now rather than having it force fed to the Party next November.

Yep folks....jump for joy. for the Obama and his Democrats just saved your lives.........FOR TWO WHOLE MONTHS..you might get........................40bucks. now don't spend it all in one place.

Actually, it'll amount to about $170 for the two months. Which, as I recall, was about the same as what Bush's tax cuts gave me for an entire year.

And wht of those on social security? How will the short fall be made up?

That's sort of the sticking point, isn't it?

What the Democrats want to do is add a surtax of 1.9% on income over $1 million. The Republicans want to cut spending. I'd pay for it with interest from Fed-owned Treasuries (not that that matters).

The Pubs are also insisting on the Keystone pipeline as part of the deal.

Anyway, the point of the two month deal is to give the House and the Senate time to work it out.

Current recipients can be paid out of current revenues + the special treasuries already in the trust.

Yep folks....jump for joy. for the Obama and his Democrats along with the help of the Republicans just saved your lives.........FOR TWO WHOLE MONTHS..you might get........................40bucks. now don't spend it all in one place.

Republicans have a short memory. They were the ones groping to get the Bush tax cuts extended. Did that help the middle class? No. Republicans aren't the damn saviors here. They didn't want this tax cut in the first place. They had to be shoehorned into it.

Republicans wanted this extended a YEAR, not two months. Bohner should have held Obama's feet to the fire on this, but once again, he showed no spine.

money-printer-300x236.jpg

Yep folks....jump for joy. for the Obama and his Democrats along with the help of the Republicans just saved your lives.........FOR TWO WHOLE MONTHS..you might get........................40bucks. now don't spend it all in one place.

Republicans have a short memory. They were the ones groping to get the Bush tax cuts extended. Did that help the middle class? No. Republicans aren't the damn saviors here. They didn't want this tax cut in the first place. They had to be shoehorned into it.

Republicans wanted this extended a YEAR, not two months. Bohner should have held Obama's feet to the fire on this, but once again, he showed no spine.

If the Republicans had any interest in extending the tax cut for a year, they wouldn't have piled on all the provisional crap that weighed the bill down. Boehner's a jackass. Even Mitch McConnell, the biggest obstructionist in Congress, urged the passage of the bill because even he recognized that holding the American economy hostage on ideology wouldn't work this time.

If the Republicans had any interest in extending the tax cut for a year, they wouldn't have piled on all the provisional crap that weighed the bill down. Boehner's a jackass. Even Mitch McConnell, the biggest obstructionist in Congress, urged the passage of the bill because even he recognized that holding the American economy hostage on ideology wouldn't work this time.

this shit didn't help the economy last year and it won't help it this year either. so get the hell over it.

Give me a break. This is a beginning of a cat fight among congressional Republicans.

They don't want to help middle America. Look how they fight.
Like dimwits want to help middle America? Give ME a break, they are the ones that have screwed this country up since 2006 when the bobsie twins, pelosi and reid, took control. It would have been better to hold out and force obamaturd and the idiot reids hand.

this shit didn't help the economy last year and it won't help it this year either. so get the hell over it.

You mean, just accept it as business as usual and move on? The hell I will.

Tacking on unrelated provisions to bills is one of the reasons why nothing gets done in Congress and should be outlawed.

Before y'all libs go around high fiving (or low fiving) yourselves (or each other) why not consider that the year has twelve months not ten. It was democrats who prevented an agreement that would span a year. I got to hand it to the old traitor though. Harry Reid might not be good for much else but he can play the political game like a Stradavarious.

Before y'all libs go around high fiving (or low fiving) yourselves (or each other) why not consider that the year has twelve months not ten. It was democrats who prevented an agreement that would span a year. I got to hand it to the old traitor though. Harry Reid might not be good for much else but he can play the political game like a Stradavarious.

No, it was the Republicans who prevented an agreement by adding unacceptable, unrelated provisions to a bill which they knew the Democrats would not go for. They did this in an attempt to make the Democrats look bad. It backfired.

How is caving and giving only a 2 month extension vs a 1yr extension the right thing? All this has done is set up another fight over it in two months. It's solved absolutely nothing. No business is going to be hiring more because of this extension.

Not to mention the Pipeline is still being blocked and those are thousands of people who wont be hired in the next year.

Merry Christmas to them.

No, it was the Republicans who prevented an agreement by adding unacceptable, unrelated provisions to a bill which they knew the Democrats would not go for. They did this in an attempt to make the Democrats look bad. It backfired.

You mean Republicans were willing to compromise by giving Democrats something they want in favor of getting something the Republicans wanted?! Say it isnt so. How dare they compromise and this system of government actually work!

I am not going to congratulate him. He's a fucking asshole that created this whole scenario either because he doesn't have the balls to tell the Teabagger Caucas to STFU or simply to try and influence the election.

There is no other explanation as to why he would reverse himself.

Either way, he's a douche. This is the second time he's pulled a power trip act like this. He only backed off because the GOP started to get creamed in the polls.

I will give McConnell some credit for trying to provide adult leadership.

Boehner is a loser. Remember that you gave him props the next time he pulls some whiny ass shit like this.

Next time he will, no doubt once again, ensure maximum media exposure in his letters to the President imploring him to call the Senate back to "work on a deal".

Boehner is proving himself to be an absolute joke. He would fit right in with those running for POTUS.

Wouldn't mind our so-called Liberal Media just bringing up in an offhand way how the Speaker once passed out bribes on the House floor.

Actually, the economy's improving. Just the other day new applications for unemployment fell to a three year low. We've had net increases in employment every month for nearly two years now.

Of course, more is still needed. For example, a jobs bill.

Forum List

Back