congrats to Todd Gurley for winning rookie of the year award

LA RAM FAN

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2008
Been meaning to make this thread for quite sometime but never got around to it.

He beat out some great talent in winning this award as well such as Raiders receiver Amari Cooper who like Gurley also was in the pro bowl this year.:thup::clap2:

The fact that he made it to the probowl in his first year besides winning the rookie of the year award is whats REALLY amazing about the accomplishment.He could be this generations Eric Dickerson who very well might be the best running back of all time.

Now I am not saying he will be the next Eric Dickerson and do the things he did of course,nobody can,there is only one Eric Dickerson of course.But if he stays healthy,he very well could be the next LOS ANGELES Rams hall of fame running back in the future.His health is what worries me.

what an awesome way for the Rams to make their arrival back in LA having a running back who wins the rookie of the year award.:clap2::thup::banana:

Todd Gurley lands PFWA Rookie of the Year award

one former LA Ram hall of famer standing next to another future "LA" Rams future hall of famer IF he can stay healthy.:thup:

12802771_10204407633550601_6170481407515643993_n.jpg

I think Todd Gurley was the right choice. Third in rushing after missing the beginning of the season. I was a bit skeptical because of the ACL injury but that didn't seem to slow him down much. Hell. I even drafted him in my fantasy league and he won me a championship lol. He is no Eric Dickerson (yet). Or Marshall Faulk for that matter. Those guys had better help around them. If the Rams find a quarterback and some receivers they just might be decent again.

I didn't follow Gurly much in the first part of last season. He sort of just popped up on my radar about mid way. He is a dual threat as an RB and return guy. That makes him either VERY special or a liability if he gets injured. Few RBs go a season without injury. The return guy hopefully doesn't get used that much on KO's but the punt return is a dangerous game and you want to field the punt return squad 6-7 times a game.

All that said Gurly deserved the award as much as anyone altho I would have liked to see Lockett or Rawls, if he could have stayed healthy, get rewarded for last seasons rookie performances.

As you pointed out..We as fans cringe when players of Gurly's talent level are lost to the injury bug. It hurts the game as a whole when these the stars we like to see on the field....stay on the field. Never mind the doll with the pins in it's legs ...Gurly is not that comon a name. Strange coincidink thats what the doll's name is also. Got him from a Haitian mail order.

I think Todd Gurley was the right choice. Third in rushing after missing the beginning of the season. I was a bit skeptical because of the ACL injury but that didn't seem to slow him down much. Hell. I even drafted him in my fantasy league and he won me a championship lol. He is no Eric Dickerson (yet). Or Marshall Faulk for that matter. Those guys had better help around them. If the Rams find a quarterback and some receivers they just might be decent again.

Dickerson was far more impressive than that turd Faulk in the fact that Faulk had great receivers and a great quarterback in Warner to opne up the running game for him.Dickerson set the all time single season rushing record despite the fact he had no quarterback the years he played in LA and just average receivers which makes the record all the more impressive.

That was the thing that was impressive about Barry Sanders as well because Sanders as well never had a quarterback defenses had to account for.they just worried about the running game and Sanders STILL ran over people same as Dickerson. thats what made those two so great.

Gurley as well doesnt have a good supporting cast around him and that makes him winning the award impressive as well.If anybody broke Dickersons all time rushing record,would love it be none other than Gurley,a LOS ANGELES Ram.:thup:

I didn't follow Gurly much in the first part of last season. He sort of just popped up on my radar about mid way. He is a dual threat as an RB and return guy. That makes him either VERY special or a liability if he gets injured. Few RBs go a season without injury. The return guy hopefully doesn't get used that much on KO's but the punt return is a dangerous game and you want to field the punt return squad 6-7 times a game.

All that said Gurly deserved the award as much as anyone altho I would have liked to see Lockett or Rawls, if he could have stayed healthy, get rewarded for last seasons rookie performances.

As you pointed out..We as fans cringe when players of Gurly's talent level are lost to the injury bug. It hurts the game as a whole when these the stars we like to see on the field....stay on the field. Never mind the doll with the pins in it's legs ...Gurly is not that comon a name. Strange coincidink thats what the doll's name is also. Got him from a Haitian mail order.

agree with everything you said.

Forum List

Back