Congrats to Dems. on the Cap & trade bill win!

oreo

Gold Member
Sep 15, 2008
rocky mountains
CONTRATS--morons--included in the 1200 page bill for the people you voted for--who inserted another 310 pages last night at 3 a.m. in the morning-- INCLUDED- that YOUR local building department & regulations will be invaded by the Federal Government & be usurped by new regulations according to them. Not only that but you will be assigned a NEW appraisor according to Wash D.C standards that will APPRAISE your home "Prior to the sale of your existing home" to insure that your home is up to Washington D.C regulations before you sell.

ENJOY YOUR BILL! Congrats on making certain that you have elected a goverment with no brakes!

BTW--included in this 3 a.m. amendment--those of us that own forest land will be paid to keep our trees. I own at least 200-300 forest trees on my property- & an additional 500 on our other property-SO I AM WAITING for my check from you! Thanks in advance for my check.

PS--PLEASE do not stop breathing & exhaling (emitting CO2) before those of us with trees--checks come in! Thanks so much for breathing!

Last edited:
CONTRATS--morons--included in the 310 page bill for the people you voted for--who inserted another 310 pages last night at 3 a.m. in the morning-- INCLUDED- that YOUR local building department & regulations will be invaded by the Federal Government & be usurped by new regulations according to them. Not only that but you will be assigned a NEW appraisor according to Wash D.C standards that will APPRAISE your home "Prior to the sale of your existing home" to insure that your home is up to Washington D.C regulations before you sell.

ENJOY YOUR BILL! Congrats on making certain that you have elected a goverment with no brakes!

It's insane---truly insane

It's not law yet. It will never get through the Senate.

But still, disgusting that it passed the House.

House cleaning is definitely in order come November 2010.

It's not law yet. It will never get through the Senate.

But still, disgusting that it passed the House.

House cleaning is definitely in order come November 2010.
dont count on it
the senate is as much in the control of the dems as the house is

I would like to know who the 8 Republicans who voted for this piece of crap for you guys--while fattening my wallet--because I have tons of trees--so I can send them a thank you note.

Anyone know the names of these 8 Republicans?

Mary Bono Mack of California's 45th district...

Frank A. LoBiondo of New Jersey's 2nd district...

Mike Castle of Delaware...

John McHugh of New York's 23rd district...

Leonard Lance of New Jersey's 7th district...

Mark Kirk of Illinois' 10th didtrict...

Christopher Smith of New Jersey's 4th district...

and Dave Reichert of Washington state's 8th district.

gee i bet that is something mostly women say to dive con....

o sorry gentlemen...what is the topic....o the house passing the cap bill....we are fucked....

anymore discussion needed?

hold up here: hubby says national building codes have been coming for several years....too much variance between county to county codes. He is going on about stair codes. Thank yall. I will get to hear this all day.

hold up here: hubby says national building codes have been coming for several years....too much variance between county to county codes. He is going on about stair codes. Thank yall. I will get to hear this all day.

This sounds like a Supreme Court Case to me. The Founders had no mention of building codes and specifically said that anything not mentioned was a States Rights thing.

Watch out, people, that water on our shoes flows from the Rubicon.

This sounds like a Supreme Court Case to me. The Founders had no mention of building codes and specifically said that anything not mentioned was a States Rights thing.

Watch out, people, that water on our shoes flows from the Rubicon.

NONE of our laws are in the constitution...?

I think the question is more like, were the congressmen and Senators given the power to legislate things like National Building codes?

Well, for states like mine, this will be a rude awakening....there basically were no building codes here for the longest time.... my town doesn't even have a building inspector and we have had some issues with this new home of ours that should not have past muster imho.

NOT that I think the federal government should control the process, but the State of Maine surely is lacking in their ability to properly govern this area of business.

I suppose they think people will be honest and building codes dotting i's and crossing t's aren't needed???? Or that those wronged will just sue in civil court?

all you people who voted this regime in,, owes the rest of us an apology!

that's how i felt for the last 8 years. :eek: WELCOME to the club!

What goes around, comes around and no one seems to remember that, when in power, it seems! :(

good morning willow

care

Forum List

Back