Congrats, Sen. Murkowski

Madeline

Rookie
Apr 20, 2010
Cleveland. Feel mah pain.
Alaska Sen. Lisa Murkowski on Wednesday became the first Senate candidate in more than 50 years to win a write-in campaign, emerging victorious over her Tea Party rival following a painstaking, weeklong count of handwritten votes.

The victory completes a remarkable comeback for the Republican after her humiliating loss in the GOP primary to Joe Miller.

Her victory became clear when Alaska election officials confirmed they had only about 700 votes left to count, putting Murkowski in safe territory to win re-election. Murkowski is flying back from Washington to Alaska to make an "exciting announcement'' to supporters Wednesday, proclaiming in an e-mail that the campaign "made history.''

murkowski.jpg

Murkowski Wins Alaska Senate Race : NPR

Boy, they really, really do not like the Tea Party up there in Alaska. Wonder when the rest of the US will catch on?

Congrats, Senator.

Alaska got fucked!

Joe Miller was a great candidate and I guarantee you there was some shinnanigans going on whil e counting the votes.

Just my opinion, but she is a ****!

Hmmm.... did I get that spelling correct? C-U-N-T

Ok, guess I did :tongue:

This proves my point about politicians. They will say and do anything to remain in power. She was not selected by the Republicans when they had their primaries so she pitched a hissy fit and ran a write in campaign.

Alaska Sen. Lisa Murkowski on Wednesday became the first Senate candidate in more than 50 years to win a write-in campaign, emerging victorious over her Tea Party rival following a painstaking, weeklong count of handwritten votes.

The victory completes a remarkable comeback for the Republican after her humiliating loss in the GOP primary to Joe Miller.

Her victory became clear when Alaska election officials confirmed they had only about 700 votes left to count, putting Murkowski in safe territory to win re-election. Murkowski is flying back from Washington to Alaska to make an "exciting announcement'' to supporters Wednesday, proclaiming in an e-mail that the campaign "made history.''

murkowski.jpg

Boy, they really, really do not like the Tea Party up there in Alaska. Wonder when the rest of the US will catch on?

Congrats, Senator.

why yes and congrats to her dad her spoke up for her, from the grave.......talk about tasteless.

murkowski.jpg

Congrats, Senator.

why yes and congrats to her dad her spoke up for her, from the grave.......talk about tasteless.

I think dead Ted Stevens endorsed her.

I mean, was she certified? Has Miller conceded?

I hope he plays the libs game back at them.... recount!!!!!!

Anyone remember how many times Franken cried for a recount... and they kept "finding ballots".:doubt:

The way they moved the recount up, and then moved it to Juno..... I think it smells like Murkowski's puss :lol: (fishy)

Anyone remember how many times Franken cried for a recount... and they kept "finding ballots".:doubt:

The way they moved the recount up, and then moved it to Juno..... I think it smells like Murkowski's puss :lol: (fishy)

Well, yes, did she throw up her hands and quit after being beaten in the primary?

murkowski.jpg

Congrats, Senator.

I think dead Ted Stevens endorsed her.

That bitch should be shunned by DC eilitists, but I know they wont.... they will accept her with open arms. What a douche that bitch is.

Well, yes, did she throw up her hands and quit after being beaten in the primary?

Nope... and she should have.

This proves my point about politicians. They will say and do anything to remain in power. She was not selected by the Republicans when they had their primaries so she pitched a hissy fit and ran a write in campaign.

well she did win. and thats that, BUT your point is well taken; shes the atypical grasping connected know nothing whose only life is politics...god help them and us...anyone dem rep. who fits this bill is someone we don't need. Did I mention she is a lawyer? God we need more of them? How about a business person? oh wait....

Last edited:

Seriously, I mean, fuck democracy. How dare a plurality of Alaskans express their will by writing her name in and not caving into voting for the two choices presented to them by our two party system.

Seriously, I mean, fuck democracy. How dare a plurality of Alaskans express their will by writing her name in and not caving into voting for the two choices presented to them by our two party system.
I'd be good with that, if Murkowski had decided that her party's banner weren't good enough and she struck out on her own as an indy from the get-go.

But she didn't go that route and then lost the primary, when the ruling class attitude of entitlement kicked in.

Franken??? It was coleman who was whining about the count. He was the one who held it up.

Forum List

Back