Congrats Barack! Another new food stamp record

You may thank President George W. Bush for that. This food stamp record mess all began with him. President Obama will soon bring it all under control soon. As the economy improves under Obama, more people will find work less people will need food stamps. It's already started... the price of gas is dropping like crazy. Stay tuned my friend.

I wish I was high too!

That's what happens when you drink while posting.

<hic!>

Yep, and Obama does not get a pass from me on this topic.....he signed that new Free Trade agreement with South Korea. More good jobs lost, more dead end jobs here, and more huge profits for the Conglomerate.

I'd really like to know how we are going to pay off debt when so many Americans are either idle or working their asses off for peanuts....oh yeah, that's right.....send them out on the street with empty stomachs.

Both Obama and Bush signed legislation that made it easier for people to get foodstamps but at the time Bush signed it no one called him foodstamp president.

The fastest growing demographic getting foodstamps are white and coming from red state, highly Repug areas, maybe if they stuck to their conservative "ideals" of self responsibility and quit leeching off the government like they preach that shit to other people there wouldn't be a new welfare record.

Fine. Let's put an end to the food stamp program to stop all those Republican leaches.

Next election cycle- I think the Dims should run demanding FREE TAMPONS for women.. Make that Super ones for the loosey librul hag squad if ya get my drift. {s echo chamber

better than red states gobbling up more welfare and betraying their ideology.

DON't tell me, SHOW me.. Show me statistics with breakdown by political affiliation for each red state.. By race, etc- those on welfare of any kind.. OTHERWISE, STFU.

Keep sucking the collective dicks of big business.....Next year it could be 55 Million.

Oh....that's right causation holds no merit for you guys.

Big business makes people go on welfare?

You'll excuse me if I fail to see the "causation."

Keep sucking the collective dicks of big business.....Next year it could be 55 Million.

Corporate welfare.. of which both democrats and republicans seem to equally love dishing out.. No one is clean in this area..

Yep, and Obama does not get a pass from me on this topic.....he signed that new Free Trade agreement with South Korea. More good jobs lost, more dead end jobs here, and more huge profits for the Conglomerate.

I'd really like to know how we are going to pay off debt when so many Americans are either idle or working their asses off for peanuts....oh yeah, that's right.....send them out on the street with empty stomachs.

Both Obama and Bush signed legislation that made it easier for people to get foodstamps but at the time Bush signed it no one called him foodstamp president.

I don't really care about the food stamps. If people need them, they should have them. I care about the jobs that have fled this country for slave labor countries and a fucking stupid loophole that allows businesses to evade taxation indefinitely by investing in foreign countries instead of America.

Clinton, Bush, and Obama are all part of the equation....NAFTA, China, and now South Korea/Panama...respectively.

Next election cycle- I think the Dims should run demanding FREE TAMPONS for women.. Make that Super ones for the loosey librul hag squad if ya get my drift. {s echo chamber

better than red states gobbling up more welfare and betraying their ideology.

DON't tell me, SHOW me.. Show me statistics with breakdown by political affiliation for each red state.. By race, etc- those on welfare of any kind.. OTHERWISE, STFU.

Now you shut the fuck up.

Republican-Heavy Counties Eat Up Most Food-Stamp Growth - Bloomberg

Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney said in May that he’d written off votes from 47 percent of Americans who are collecting government aid. Turns out many of them are part of his political base.

Seventy percent of counties with the fastest-growth in food-stamp aid during the last four years voted for the Republican presidential candidate in 2008, according to U.S. Department of Agriculture data compiled by Bloomberg. They include Republican strongholds like King County, Texas, which in 2008 backed Republican John McCain by 92.6 percent, his largest share in the nation; and fast-growing Douglas County, Colorado.
That means Romney is counting on votes from areas where lower-income people have become more reliant on the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, known as food stamps.
Mark Baisley, who heads Douglas County’s Republican Party, said many recipients will back Romney in hopes he’ll improve the economy.

Corporate welfare.. of which both democrats and republicans seem to equally love dishing out.. No one is clean in this area..

Holy shit...we agree on something...Thank you LGS.

What, if any, actions has Obama taken or policy instituted that would lend itself to a climate that would come close to encouraging a business- big or small- to be attracted to risking capital?

The business world in general sees no future in Obama's follies. There are trillions of dollars sitting in the sidelines waiting for leadership and sensibility in the White House. There's been none the last 4 years and we sure as hell won't see any the next four.

...during the 2012 election, Newt Gingrich constantly referred to President Obama as “the food stamp president,” a term whistling with “welfare queen”-like racial overtones. Despite Gingrich’s racial connotations, the majority of Americans who use food stamps are white, and they increasingly live in Republican areas.

Bloomberg recently compiled U.S. Department of Agriculture data and found that, “70 percent of counties with the fastest growth in food-stamp aid during the last four years voted for the Republican presidential candidate in 2008.”

Democratic voters are increasingly supporting Republican voters. This is largely due to the lingering impact of the financial downturn, which has been exacerbated in red states and red counties with red policies. Republicans have been enacting austerity measures at state and local levels with unprecedented downsizing of public employees during the jobs crisis. Total governmental employment is down more than half a million since President Obama took office.

The National Memo » The GOP Is The Food Stamp Party

You may thank President George W. Bush for that. This food stamp record mess all began with him. President Obama will soon bring it all under control soon. As the economy improves under Obama, more people will find work less people will need food stamps. It's already started... the price of gas is dropping like crazy. Stay tuned my friend.

The price of gasoline is "dropping like crazy?" You obviously want to blame Bush for food stamps as we head into Obama's second term. Base on what? Regarding gas prices, as of the 2012 Election, gas prices are UP 104 percent. You call that "dropping like crazy?"

Congrats Barack! Another new food stamp record

Good for him.

In these trying times it is the duty of the government to take care of the people.

Don't like that?

Tough shit.

LMAO! Really? Where in the fuck is that written?!?!

It is never the "duty of government to take care of the people". The people are supposed to be big boy and girls who take care of themselves. Don't like that? Tough shit!

Forum List

Back