congradulations obama and lefties

Roberts abandoned the constitution and has turned traitor to his country....Time he should be replaced.

I don't think he abandoned the constitution. He voted the mandate was unconstitutional under the Commerce Clause and he was right. The Democrats wrote the bill wrong. Now it will be up to Congress to decide whther if this law of taxes will stand.

It is not his fucking job to legislate ! He does not have this power so yes he abandoned the constitution and is a traitor to his country in my eyes.

Roberts abandoned the constitution and has turned traitor to his country....Time he should be replaced.

I don't think he abandoned the constitution. He voted the mandate was unconstitutional under the Commerce Clause and he was right. The Democrats wrote the bill wrong. Now it will be up to Congress to decide whther if this law of taxes will stand.

It is not his fucking job to legislate ! He does not have this power so yes he abandoned the constitution and is a traitor to his country in my eyes.

He didn't legislate shit. Stop whining and focus your energies on November.

He did legislate.....He changed the bill to fit his needs....He is not a legislator! He abused his power.....He is a scumbag.....

He did legislate.....He changed the bill to fit his needs....He is not a legislator! He abused his power.....He is a scumbag.....

No he didn't dude. The states represented it as commerce and the govt represented it as a tax. He ruled on both positions. And as much as I don't like the outcome he was right. You and I are on the same page but your extreme position will ultimately moot your voice.

No he didn't dude. The states represented it as commerce and the govt represented it as a tax. He ruled on both positions. And as much as I don't like the outcome he was right. You and I are on the same page but your extreme position will ultimately moot your voice.

You can try and excuse this betrayal all you want I will stick with the truth......We were all lied to and Roberts sold his country down the river....Wonder how many pieces of silver it cost for him to betray his country ?

You can try and excuse this betrayal all you want I will stick with the truth......We were all lied to and Roberts sold his country down the river....Wonder how many pieces of silver it cost for him to betray his country ?

Literally hysterical, like of the unhinged variety. Gracious. Is there no one there who can snap you out of it?

What excuse?! He ruled based on law the two positions presented to him. He did not add anything new nor take anything away.

You are clearly confused about the results and how they were obtained.

What excuse?! He ruled based on law the two positions presented to him. He did not add anything new nor take anything away.

You are clearly confused about the results and how they were obtained.
He betrayed his country cause this is not a tax is is oppressive force to buy a product cause you were born.....

Grandpa... lets read and digest the ENTIRE decision before we start patting anyone on the back.

Roberts said the states may have the ability to OPT OUT of Obamacare. That means that the individual mandate that they said was constitutional, may be a mute point.

Oklahoma and 16 other states have already passed a law opting out. What does this do to the entire law?

Grandpa... lets read and digest the ENTIRE decision before we start patting anyone on the back.

Roberts said the states may have the ability to OPT OUT of Obamacare. That means that the individual mandate that they said was constitutional, may be a mute point.

Oklahoma and 16 other states have already passed a law opting out. What does this do to the entire law?

I agree. Time will tell but I think I have handled the decision rationally. I don't pretend to understand how this will turn out if left intact. I prefer just to use it as a tool to get the liberals voted out in November and leave the punditry up to the talking heads.

I do find it funny that the left has suddenly dropped their mantra about this being a partisan decision.

Except it will be us the people who will have to bear this burden ......Mark my words.

Here's the thing...away from the partisan crap. This WAS a win for conservatives in one sense, actually, several ways, but NOT in the way the lefty loons are babbling about. The SC ruled that it was unconstitutional for a government to FORCE people to buy anything under the guise of the commerce clause. And there have been quite literally DOZENS of examples of the abuse of that clause over the last 50 years that will now be re examined and OVERTURNED!!!!

So, the ruling WAS a step toward reclaiming our constitution to it's foundings!

However, Roberts made a critical error or maybe a shrewd legal maneuver in his opinion about congress power to tax on a couple of areas that just can't be overlooked and WILL come up again!

First, in his writings he RIGHTLY states in the first part of his opinion where they strike down the individual mandates on the grounds of the commerce clause OR the other argument which escapes me right now, that it was NOT the place of the SC to make judgments on the intent of Congress. Yet when he made his opinion that the individual mandate can be upheld on the grounds that Congress has the power to lay taxes, he is doing JUST THAT!

Why is that? Because NO WHERE...not one place in that 2700 page monster...that has ALREADY generated more than 110,000 pages of new regulations...do the words tax or tariff appear. NO WHERE...not once.

So, in order for Roberts to reach a decision that it COULD be upheld on power to tax...he had to make a judgment on the INTENT of Congress when all along they've been saying it WAS NOT a tax.

WHY would he do that?

The second problem is the seeming hypocrisy of striking down the Medicaid provision that said the fed would withhold funding from states that didn't spend the money the way the fed dictated...a punitive action and another win for conservatives by the way...but allows that it IS constitutional for Congress to enact a tax on individuals within those states!

You are WRONG Judge Roberts and I suspect you know that's wrong. The people of the states not only have the same rights as the states...but even MORE rights and protections than the federal or state governments. If the fed can't act punitively against the states...the states citizens are out of bounds too!

This country was founded on EQUAL. Equal rights, equal justice, equal protections under the law. To say that the Congress can assign and arbitrary punitive tax against selected individual citizens for ANYTHING is UNCONSTITUTIONAL and WILL be challenged in the SC!!!

I suspect Roberts knows that and this was a way of getting around the fact that until someone is actually taxed...they could NOT rule on that portion since no one filing the case had standing for them to rule. So...Congress's power to tax had to be upheld...for the time being.

TRUST ME...this law WILL be struck down in it's entirety!!!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back