Congo Line Perp Walk

Flanders

ARCHCONSERVATIVE
Sep 23, 2010
The IRS scandal will not lead to repealing the XVI Amendment. Anything less than repeal is meaningless. Short of repeal, the House can defund the IRS if it is serious. That ain’t going to happen even if IRS officials like Lois Lerner flat out tell every congressional committee to piss off while flipping them the bird.

images

Implying that the prevailing culture in the IRS can be changed by congressional committees is the same as saying the culture of Nazism could have been changed by investigating the gestapo.

A scandal being investigated by a congressional committee seldom produces more than a memorable sound bite à la "What difference, at this point, does it make?" That is a poor return for the money spent on congressional committees.

Since the prevailing culture in the IRS cannot be changed maybe it is time to change committee rules. Start with the five-minute rule. I suggest the clock only runs when a committee member is speaking. Surely, it is a simple matter to keep track of the time a committee member is actually talking.

If nothing else, my proposed five-minute rule will at least prevent hostile witnesses from running out the clock. This video included in John Hayward’s article is typical of unfriendly-witness testimony:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ax6QGmKhRwo&feature=player_embedded]Chaffetz asks IRS Commissioner: "Are you going to comply with subpoena?" - YouTube[/ame]​

People more computer savvy than I might be hoping e-mails will catch Lois Lerner in a fib. I’ll believe it when I see a congo line of IRS officials doing the perp walk.

images

Supposedly efforts are under way to “reconstruct” all the correspondence from the hard drive kablooey nobody ever mentioned before today, but one suspects a number of choice items would be missing from whatever eventually gets handed over to House investigators, after even more delays. None of that should be necessary if the emails have been archived, as required by federal law, and as testified by the IRS commissioner.

XXXXX

Of course, given that the Obama Administration regards actual laws as mere suggestions, I can’t see any top officials paying a stiff price for ignoring inconvenient rules in a handbook. Or else the IRS will assure Congress it can expect those hard copies no later than June 2019, and sometime between now and then, it will regretfully announce that all the papers were consumed in a fire, or perhaps eaten by locusts.

IRS: Lois Lerner’s emails ‘wiped out’ in ‘computer crash’
By: John Hayward
6/13/2014 03:03 PM

IRS: Lois Lerner's emails 'wiped out' in 'computer crash' | Human Events

IRS, Benghazi, gun running to Mexico, illegal spying by "intelligence agencies, how many scandals does it take? Barry Hussein makes tricky Dick Nixon look like a choir boy.

IRS, Benghazi, gun running to Mexico, illegal spying by "intelligence agencies, how many scandals does it take? Barry Hussein makes tricky Dick Nixon look like a choir boy.

To whitehall: Megyn Kelly covers the topic pretty good. Listen to Judge Napolitano explain the law, especially the part about Richard Nixon:

Here’s the video of the full segment on the Kelly File:

Great! We needed this thread. I will admit to being disappointed that there is no evidence of malfeasance on the part of anyone at the IRS with regards to this hard drive crash.

Will the OP promise to update us when there is some proof that anyone destroyed evidence? I sure hope so. This is really important.

I'm searching periodically for further comment from Issa or. Camp. They must be gathering up all the good stuff. Maybe they will break character and seek out a television camera soon.

Come on, shake your body baby, do the congo
I know you can't control yourself any longo
Feel the rhythm of the music getting strongo
Don't you fight it 'til you tried it, do the congo beat

Appropriate apologies to Gloria Estefan

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEyDNTLlRgU"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEyDNTLlRgU[/ame]

:lol:

Most on the left could give a shit about this because they're Class A Barry fluffers, but everyone knows if the tables were turned they'd be screaming bloody murder, throwing the I-word around all over the place.

Other than that, I'm waiting to hear some 16-year-old computer geek broke into something somewhere and found all the missing emails the IRS couldn't seem to locate.

Suggesting getting rid of the 16th and then the IRS is stupid.

Let's move along. Nothing is going to change that way.

So let's get a better inspector general in place.

Forum List

Back