Conga-Lines… Bare-Chested Beer Pong… Super Soaker Fights…

Why should he be compared to any other administration when he set himself up to be in a class of his own?? While bringing "change" to Washington may be open to interpretation, he left himself wide open to this sort of criticism.

Please provide a link to where Obama said he would not be conducting state functions when he became president.

Your interpretation of "change" is bizarre at best

You don't have a fucking clue what my interpretation is of change.:lol:

Until you provide a link or quote.....it seems I do

Please provide a link to where Obama said he would not be conducting state functions when he became president.

Your interpretation of "change" is bizarre at best

Wrong again, and I find it hard to believe that you actually failed to grasp my point. If you can't acknowledge that he set himself up for criticism by ANYONE who would choose to interpret change as applying in this situation, then you just don't want to get it. Keep those blinders on, chief.

You completely missed the point. He campaigned on a totally different mindset than what has been shown in his administration. His apparent lack of concern over the economy, the ridiculous spending, the oil spill, etc... while spending millions of dollars on entertainment as if there isn't a care in the world is what is flat out wrong. Not to mention that there were those that hung Bush out to dry for much lesser transgressions, who are now defending this man and his behavior. People are tired of the hypocrisy.

In some ways I'd agree with you. This isn't the issue that's going to fly for your team on that score though. It's petty, and quite frankly ridiculous when you consider past precedent and long standing traditions of doing business over a steak and a beer.

Now cue the "But he did it too" crowd going all the way back to Washington.

So, you're admitting that when the left did it to Bush for 8 years, it was petty?

Of course it was. Your point?

Wrong again, and I find it hard to believe that you actually failed to grasp my point. If you can't acknowledge that he set himself up for criticism by ANYONE who would choose to interpret change as applying in this situation, then you just don't want to get it. Keep those blinders on, chief.

Sure it does ...

I'm sure tens of millions of Americans voted for Obama because they wanted "change" by eliminating state dinners

I for one, never would have voted for him if I only knew...

Just yesterday, President Obama held another fun-filled White House event, a picnic for Congress members, complete with hot dogs, cold beverages and a fire pit.

Last edited:

Sure it does ...

I'm sure tens of millions of Americans voted for Obama because they wanted "change" by eliminating state dinners

I'm going to just chalk this up to you being intentionally obtuse. You're well aware that it's more a broad issue of spending in general, and this is just one example of where people can point and say it's just the same old same. Oh, and continue to avoid my original question.

Sure it does ...

I'm going to just chalk this up to you being intentionally obtuse. You're well aware that it's more a broad issue of spending in general, and this is just one example of where people can point and say it's just the same old same. Oh, and continue to avoid my original question.

I am afraid you are the one being "obtuse" ..

Just look at the reason for this thread.....I'm sure even you would admit it is petty politics and Obama bashing.

Hot dogs and a fire pit ??????

Sure it does ...

Just look at the reason for this thread.....I'm sure even you would admit it is petty politics and Obama bashing.

Yes, except it doesn't change my observation that his words have come back to bite him.

Yes, except it doesn't change my observation that his words have come back to bite him.

And those words were???

"The days of hot dogs on the White House lawn are over.....change is upon us"

And those words were???

"The days of hot dogs on the White House lawn are over.....change is upon us"

Obama made the promise to change the way things were done in Washington. It doesn't matter how you and I interpret that change to be. It is simple to recognize that people will use this to illustrate how things have NOT changed.

DC will never change. Won't matter whose in the WH.

He did save a few bucks on the gift he gave to the Queen though. LOL

Forum List

Back