Conga-Lines… Bare-Chested Beer Pong… Super Soaker Fights…

Capitalist

Jeffersonian Liberal
May 22, 2010
Back in January 2009, Barack Obama told Americans that,
“Everyone must sacrifice… Everyone must have some skin in the game.”

Guests gather for the entertainment segment of a state dinner in honor of President of Mexico Felipe Calderon inside a party tent on the South Lawn of the White House in Washington, May 19, 2010. (Reuters) In 2009 the Obamas spent over $10 million of taxpayer money on drunken White House parties.
And, it doesn’t look like things are going to slow down anytime soon.
The New York Post reported, via Free Republic.
Last week’s jobs report tanked the stock market; the president took weeks to assert control of the oil spill that threatens doom on the Gulf Coast — but at the White House the Gatsby-like parties roll on as if happy days were here again.
Just yesterday, President Obama held another fun-filled White House event, a picnic for Congress members, complete with hot dogs, cold beverages and a fire pit.
All told, during the last seven weeks of spewing oil and rampant unemployment, he has frolicked and danced through three major White House music parties.
* The black-tie tent bash on the White House South Lawn after the state dinner for Mexico’s President Felipe Calderón, which featured singer Beyoncé.
* The Paul McCartney hootenanny — a night of tributes to the former Beatle, which featured the president himself scooting onto the dance floor to join the Jonas Brothers in the long “la-la-la” closing refrain of “Hey Jude.” (Plus, of course, McCartney serenading the first lady with “Michelle.”)
* The Ford Theater event — in which the president, taking a break from “kicking ass” on the oil spill, kicked back and relaxed to the song stylings of one-time “American Idol” winner Kelly Clarkson, among other B-listers.
It was one thing when the president launched his White House days with a round of Martini Wednesdays, Stevie Wonder concerts, conga-line dancing and Super Bowl parties. That was before the gushing oil and before the employment picture defied the Obama hope-and-change cures.
Now it’s different. Now the president’s fascination with fun and parties in the midst of crisis has not only reinforced a feeling he’s out of touch, but has migrated down the chain of command.
Last weekend, Vice President Joe Biden and White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel held a “super soaker” squirt-gun party at the veep’s residence. Everybody ran around giggling and shooting squirt guns at each other. Members of the press covering Biden joined in, to their shame.
And last Sunday, presidential spokesman Tommy Vietor and Obama speechwriter extraordinaire Jon Favreau, both 29 years old, were spotted at a Georgetown bar, stripped to the waist, playing a game of beer pong with a gang of bare-chested buddies. (This game involves throwing a ping-pong ball into cups of beer — loser drinks beer, winner drinks beer, everybody drinks beer.
Gateway Pundit

The day I'm under the kind of stress these people go through every day is the day I'll judge whether blowing off some steam when they can is out of line. Super soaker fight? I'm there. :D

The day I'm under the kind of stress these people go through every day is the day I'll judge whether blowing off some steam when they can is out of line. Super soaker fight? I'm there. :D

Mo chara, the average American faces more stress in a day trying to pay their bills, keep their job, raise their kids, etc than these assholes have in a year. The reason: they don't give a shit about the country, they care only about power, money and influence.

Mo chara, the average American faces more stress in a day trying to pay their bills, keep their job, raise their kids, etc than these assholes have in a year. The reason: they don't give a shit about the country, they care only about power, money and influence.

And how much do a few supersoakers or a night with a beer pong table really cost? That's stuff any broke college kid can and does do. And a night out at a concert once in a while is a sign of hating America? Uh-huh.

Entertainment for a State dinner or other official diplomatic event is a different matter. Is honoring a foreign head of state or visiting muckety muck with entertainment (as has been traditional since the Dark Ages) out of line, or would we be embarrassing ourselves if we did not? Lighten up, like I said I have no room to judge.

I think running a household, punching a time clock and raising kids hard as it can be at times is a little easier than running a country, executing two wars and dealing with the gang of criminals and thieves known as World Leaders. The day you try either of those things, let me know how it works for you. ;)

Let 'em have a little fun when they can, it's healthy.

So they're Denmocraps ....:eusa_angel:

:lol: Super soakers are the best.

Of course Obama is not allowed to have any fun until he admits he wasn't born in this country.

And how much do a few supersoakers or a night with a beer pong table really cost? That's stuff any broke college kid can and does do. And a night out at a concert once in a while is a sign of hating America? Uh-huh.

Entertainment for a State dinner or other official diplomatic event is a different matter. Is honoring a foreign head of state or visiting muckety muck with entertainment (as has been traditional since the Dark Ages) out of line, or would we be embarrassing ourselves if we did not? Lighten up, like I said I have no room to judge.

I think running a household, punching a time clock and raising kids hard as it can be at times is a little easier than running a country, executing two wars and dealing with the gang of criminals and thieves known as World Leaders. The day you try either of those things, let me know how it works for you. ;)

You completely missed the point. He campaigned on a totally different mindset than what has been shown in his administration. His apparent lack of concern over the economy, the ridiculous spending, the oil spill, etc... while spending millions of dollars on entertainment as if there isn't a care in the world is what is flat out wrong. Not to mention that there were those that hung Bush out to dry for much lesser transgressions, who are now defending this man and his behavior. People are tired of the hypocrisy.

You completely missed the point. He campaigned on a totally different mindset than what has been shown in his administration. His apparent lack of concern over the economy, the ridiculous spending, the oil spill, etc... while spending millions of dollars on entertainment as if there isn't a care in the world is what is flat out wrong. Not to mention that there were those that hung Bush out to dry for much lesser transgressions, who are now defending this man and his behavior. People are tired of the hypocrisy.

*ding ding ding*:clap2:

If he's honestly doing all those things than how is it he finds time to enjoy the simpler things in life when I can't catch a break to take the kid camping on the wknd because I'm having to cover extra shifts at the college to pay for the cost of living that is skyrocketing out of control...
Get off your ass President and do the job we the people elected you for. There's still a huge hole in our Southern fence letting anybody in with two feet, there's a hole in the Gulf thats spewing thousands a barrels of oil a day killing wildlife and polluting our coasts, and there's a hole in our economy that the common citizen is jumping into comitting financial suicide... and don't get me started on the wars that have stalled or the illegal prison on guantanamo that you promised would close.
I'm not saying a man can't enjoy life but come on the job is only 4 years long, another 4 if you did good with the first set, get to work!!!

In some ways I'd agree with you. This isn't the issue that's going to fly for your team on that score though. It's petty, and quite frankly ridiculous when you consider past precedent and long standing traditions of doing business over a steak and a beer.

Now cue the "But he did it too" crowd going all the way back to Washington.

In some ways I'd agree with you. This isn't the issue that's going to fly for your team on that score though. It's petty, and quite frankly ridiculous when you consider past precedent and long standing traditions of doing business over a steak and a beer.

Now cue the "But he did it too" crowd going all the way back to Washington.

So, you're admitting that when the left did it to Bush for 8 years, it was petty?

So, since the left are the party of 'let's follow Europe'..... how about you follow the UK's new Government's lead and stop spending money we don't have?

Ohhhh, it's because their Government is led by Conservatives, right?

So show me where spending for state functions are out of line with that of previous administrations.....

Otherwise, my response will be ....So?

If you want to compare the US expenditures for such functions to the UK please provide last years budget for the Queen

So, since the left are the party of 'let's follow Europe'..... how about you follow the UK's new Government's lead and stop spending money we don't have?

So show me where spending for state functions are out of line with that of previous administrations.....

If you want to compare the US expenditures for such functions to the UK please provide last years budget for the Queen

Why should he be compared to any other administration when he set himself up to be in a class of his own?? While bringing "change" to Washington may be open to interpretation, he left himself wide open to this sort of criticism.

For decades businesses claimed that entertainment was important in building and maintaining relationships. Most businesses scaled back during tough times. Seems like this President specifically berated AIG and several other companies for using taxpayer money for lavish parties. I see both sides. Maybe just a tad over toward hypocritical?

Why should he be compared to any other administration when he set himself up to be in a class of his own?? While bringing "change" to Washington may be open to interpretation, he left himself wide open to this sort of criticism.

Please provide a link to where Obama said he would not be conducting state functions when he became president.

Your interpretation of "change" is bizarre at best

Please provide a link to where Obama said he would not be conducting state functions when he became president.

Your interpretation of "change" is bizarre at best

You don't have a fucking clue what my interpretation is of change.:lol:

Forum List

Back