Confusion re: vacations

As President, Obama is denied going home at the end of the day, weekends, holidays and vacation time. I don't think he has taken a sick day yet

I don't think any president should be taking a vacation while there are several military conflicts going on, an economy on the brink, and a country more divided than ever.

A vacation is a luxury that a president under those conditions just doesn't have. It's 4 years. He's got the rest of his life after his presidency to vacation all he wants.

Personally, I don't think any of them should be on vacation.

As President, Obama is denied going home at the end of the day, weekends, holidays and vacation time. I don't think he has taken a sick day yet

I don't think any president should be taking a vacation while there are several military conflicts going on, an economy on the brink, and a country more divided than ever.

A vacation is a luxury that a president under those conditions just doesn't have. It's 4 years. He's got the rest of his life after his presidency to vacation all he wants.

That would mean no US President could ever have a day off, I understand what you are saying man but you got to give these guys time to rest, they are humans too.
Does the soldier doing an 18 month tour in Iraq get to take a vacation too?

A lot of the deployed troops don't get leave for a year and sometimes leave ends up losing precedence to a change in combat conditions and new orders.

If anyone needs the vacation, it's the troops. The president gets royal treatment for his entire term as well as for the rest of his life after his term. I'm not really concerned if he doesn't get to go on a golf retreat. He'll live.

That would mean no US President could ever have a day off, I understand what you are saying man but you got to give these guys time to rest, they are humans too.
Does the soldier doing an 18 month tour in Iraq get to take a vacation too?

A lot of the deployed troops don't get leave for a year and sometimes leave ends up losing precedence to a change in combat conditions and new orders.

If anyone needs the vacation, it's the troops. The president gets royal treatment for his entire term as well as for the rest of his life after his term. I'm not really concerned if he doesn't get to go on a golf retreat. He'll live.

But he DOES get to go on a golf retreat.

Let's go with your scenario. Nobody who serves should get to go on vacay. Does that really make any crazy kind of sense to you? Not only have I been in the military, but I watched M*A*S*H. [insert smilie here, as otherwise you'll think I'm completely serious]. I know R&R exists, and I know soldiers in Iraq take it, so you know? Try not to spread too much bullshit. You're stinking the place up.

Forum List

Back