Confused Hunter

hortysir

In Memorial of 47
Apr 30, 2010
Port Charlotte, FL
Ok...
I'm a hunter. More specifically I'm a hog hunter, among other smaller game.

But this story baffles me:
Hunting hogs from helicopters gets preliminary approval in Texas House | Texas Legislature...
Hunters moved closer Monday to being able to use helicopters to kill feral hogs that are damaging the Texas landscape.With no discussion, Texas House members voted 137-9 to give preliminary approval to a bill that would let people hunt feral hogs and wolves from a helicopter
To me it's not an 'infestation' if they are scattered over so many square miles that you need a freekin helicopter to hunt them.

Can someone explain/defend this to me?

My cousin hunts hogs. They are a major problem. They are also not indigenous so the wreak havoc on the environment.

My cousin hunts hogs. They are a major problem.
I agree to that.
That's how I wind up hunting as many as I do....Jeff calls and says, "Hey man I have a huge hog problem at the scrubs, you guys wanna come hunt 'em?"
That's when there's such a concentration that we hit the trails with the dogs and spend a few days to a week eradicating them.
I guess I'm more used to having so many per square acre that I never needed a helicopter to find them...
:cool:

The problem is they are everywhere, including remote, hard to reach areas. Hunting them from the air just makes sense.

My cousin hunts hogs. They are a major problem.
I agree to that.
That's how I wind up hunting as many as I do....Jeff calls and says, "Hey man I have a huge hog problem at the scrubs, you guys wanna come hunt 'em?"
That's when there's such a concentration that we hit the trails with the dogs and spend a few days to a week eradicating them.
I guess I'm more used to having so many per square acre that I never needed a helicopter to find them...

Well you should know then. They are nasty critters. My cousin uses dogs too and he's lost a couple.

I hope the same thing has not happened to you.

To alleviate any confusion, this should not be your site picture.....

gun_barrel_05_lg.jpg

Safety tip for the day.

Well you should know then. They are nasty critters. My cousin uses dogs too and he's lost a couple.

I hope the same thing has not happened to you.
Actually lost our meanest bitch (red nose pit)last weekend...
Luckily she had a big litter a couple months ago (mixed with leopard cur)

you let her get killed?

really dude?

It's not a matter of "let". You need dogs to track these hogs. They are big nasty viscious creatures and a blight.

The dog was doing her work..and died doing something she probably loved doing.

sallow i am in western nc...we have hogs....you try not to let the dogs get that far from ya...and call them back.....what the hell is your rifle range? close up only?

died doing what she loved....what a fucking load of mal

you let her get killed?

really dude?

It's not a matter of "let". You need dogs to track these hogs. They are big nasty viscious creatures and a blight.

The dog was doing her work..and died doing something she probably loved doing.

sallow i am in western nc...we have hogs....you try not to let the dogs get that far from ya...and call them back.....what the hell is your rifle range? close up only?

died doing what she loved....what a fucking load of mal
We did shoot the hog.
Her wounds were just too bad....she lived a few days....
:(

Wild hogs are nasty creatures-and are everywhere. I was walking home from highschool once and was chased by one, had to jump in a tree lol.

But yeah hunting them by helicopter does seem to be overdoing it, I agree with the OP.

Forum List

Back