Confused about this. Maybe someone can enlighten me?

This is religion. toss logic out the door.

The simple answer to your question is "yes."

Since Jesus is the son of Gd, they are separate entities. Since their is only one Gd, and Gd is all encompassing, they are the same thing. They are all three equally Gd, they are sort of separate, but again, since there is only one Gd, they are not.

• Banned
When I talk to God I feel guilty because I forgot to name Jesus as well.

Gd is not fussy about terms of address.

The russian word for Gd is a rude colloquialism in british english for toilet. Jesus is an attempt to push his aramic name (Joshua) through both Greek and Latin and then into English. It lost a lot in the process.

And the really funny kicker is in American English it considered correct to address Gd using the intimate form of address. Something which in most cultures would be considered blasphemous.

• Banned
Is that why you leave the O out of God? To show respect? I've seen others do it before but never understood why.

It's a habit I got into when posting into a Mid East newsgroup. The name of Gd is not to be written in any media that will be destroyed. It was a bit of cultural deference to both sides in the debate. It doesn't matter here as much. But I just think it is a bit of politeness that costs me nothing and shows a bit of respect even when I am kicking your argument to pieces.

I like 'water' as a metaphor for the Trinity. Water can be solid (ice), liquid, or gas (water vapor or steam)--each different in form, characteristics and capabilities but it is all the same water.

God is the Father Creator with no definable form and also the Son assuming human form that could touch, be touched, hunger, thirst, become weary, bleed, love, laugh, and be tempted and also be the Spirit that is the essence or invisible presence of God that is everywhere. Different form, characteristics, and capabilities but all the same God.

The trinity is one of those beautiful things that leads to contemplation of God.

The mother goddess has sort of the same thing going, I think. Don't (or didn't) people worship different aspects of the female goddess?

But here's something weird...I think the trinity could be explained GENETICALLY if we could only completely understand genetics. I honestly believe genetics are the key to the mind of God.

Which of course means we'll never fully understand them...just get glimpses...

Jesus was a prophet givin the gift of the word of God like Abraham and Mohammad as well as others.
It wasn't until the pagan Romans were having riots in their streets between Christians and pagans did the state government intervene and create a new government to rule over its people. They chose Christianity because thats the side that was growing and winning. However to control this mass they needed to change it from a message of a new way of life to something that they could centrally control. By making a voice to be a go between from man to God=pope and to have pagans accept these teachings of A hebrew they needed to remove the hebrew in him by making him son of God. Thus taking the Gin=holy spirit God=father and Jesus the son.
You will find few Christians who could wrap their minds around this concept but if thought with common sense and not passion it will come together.
So use your faith (not your taught lessons) to answer these questions: Do you feel God is limited by the rules that our church leaders have stated that he is?
Do you think that God has forsaken all others except your personal group?
Do you really think it is an accident that to discredit Jesus as being human his wife was written in history as being Mary Magdiline a whore? And any non negative messages that were from his wife where changed to be mother Mary the virgin? Or an evil mans way of achieving power?
hmm knowledge is power and by preventing it power is kept.

It doesnt really matter if you believe Christ is the son of God. The problem is that the two other peoples given Gods message have been cut off from you. think of it as three links of chain, Christian being the middle link but severed on both sides.
Does that seem like the devils work to keep Gods peoples at odds or do you think God wants us to hate and distrust our brothers? hmmm deep thoughts so prove you are not the simple christian the media presents you as and start to learn.

The trinity is one of those beautiful things that leads to contemplation of God.

The mother goddess has sort of the same thing going, I think. Don't (or didn't) people worship different aspects of the female goddess?

But here's something weird...I think the trinity could be explained GENETICALLY if we could only completely understand genetics. I honestly believe genetics are the key to the mind of God.

Which of course means we'll never fully understand them...just get glimpses...

:) I've always said that if the likes of us lowly humans could figure out, fully define, fully explain God, He wouldn't be much of a God. But bless our hearts we keep trying. Those of us who KNOW He exists, those who WANT Him to exist, and those who seem so desperate to make a point that He doesn't exist. :)

:) I've always said that if the likes of us lowly humans could figure out, fully define, fully explain God, He wouldn't be much of a God. But bless our hearts we keep trying. Those of us who KNOW He exists, those who WANT Him to exist, and those who seem so desperate to make a point that He doesn't exist. :)

I don't know that I can agree with that. The point of the Gospel is help us find Eternal Life. And Eternal Life is to know God and Jesus Christ. How they would we lowlife humans not be able to know God if His entire mission was for us to know Him?

I don't know that I can agree with that. The point of the Gospel is help us find Eternal Life. And Eternal Life is to know God and Jesus Christ. How they would we lowlife humans not be able to know God if His entire mission was for us to know Him?

I didn't say we couldn't know Him. I said we don't have him all figured out, we can't describe or explain all that he is and does. Some keep trying to do that or give the impression they know all about it. But I don't think they can or do. The God I know is much, much bigger than that.

I like 'water' as a metaphor for the Trinity. Water can be solid (ice), liquid, or gas (water vapor or steam)--each different in form, characteristics and capabilities but it is all the same water.

God is the Father Creator with no definable form and also the Son assuming human form that could touch, be touched, hunger, thirst, become weary, bleed, love, laugh, and be tempted and also be the Spirit that is the essence or invisible presence of God that is everywhere. Different form, characteristics, and capabilities but all the same God.

Very good analogy. Then may I ask, who was Jesus praying to? If they are the same entity, then why ask "Father, why have you forsaken me?" If he was the "father", wouldn't that mean that he had forsaken himself? Why ask the question? I love the analogy, it's very clever, but still circular. :clap2:

I do believe in ghosts.

I do believe in ghosts.

I do
I do
I do
I do

I do believe in ghosts.

I do believe in ghosts.

I do
I do
I do
I do

I do believe in ghosts.

God, Jesus, The Holy Ghost. 3 separate entities or one in the same?

The simple answer is, yes.

The actual answer will take a treatise on theology and many hours of discussion to lay out the arguments for and against the Trinity. I will simply point out that Jesus made it quite clear that he does not know everything that YHWH does.

When I talk to God I feel guilty because I forgot to name Jesus as well.

Why should that make you feel guilty? Jesus never taught us to ask him for things, or even to talk to him. What we have to do is talk to God like we would our Abba. Do you mention everyone else when you are talking to your parents?

I do believe in ghosts.

I do believe in ghosts.

I do
I do
I do
I do

I do believe in ghosts.

I do believe in ghosts.

I do
I do
I do
I do

I do believe in ghosts.

Must be why you are a supporter of AAAS, they believe in them also. Why esle would they take their science with a side of parapsychology?

Forum List

Back