Confronting climate change for real

Trakar

VIP Member
Feb 28, 2011
Gazette.Net: Confronting climate change for real
Maryland taking steps, as more heat, storms loom

We can be thankful that the climate change deniers/skeptics and those who question whether human activity is contributing to global warming are relatively scarce or — at the least — quiet in Maryland.

Oh there are some, such as House Minority Leader Del. Anthony J. O’Donnell (R-Dist. 29C) of Lusby, who told staff writer C. Benjamin Ford last week regarding the human factor: “It’s a theory right now and we’re waiting to see. I don’t believe the science is settled.”

Luckily, a number of others aren’t waiting for the science to be “settled.” As Ford’s story in last week’s Gazette of Politics and Business noted, state officials have been planning around climate change for a good five years, and efforts are stepping up. If this summer’s oppressive heat waves aren’t enough of a clarion call, scary developments such as the buckling of road surface on busy U.S. 50 and a warped rail that caused a Metro train derailment should be...

...Amid the dire predictions and warnings, it’s reassuring to know that some are trying to be proactive and prepared. By comparison, the alternative of continuing the debate seems awfully shortsighted.

Who cares? Most reasonable, sane and rational people, ...thankfully.

Too bad the White House hasn't really gotten into all this, since when, Nixon and who else?

The Obamneys are both too floppy, to issue any timely, hard media. They won't hurry, to stop AGW.

Too bad the White House hasn't really gotten into all this, since when, Nixon and who else?

The Obamneys are both too floppy, to issue any timely, hard media. They won't hurry, to stop AGW.

Traditionally, the White House (Democratic or Republican) doesn't "lead" on issues until popular polls tell them which direction the overwhelming majority of Americans are already decided upon (regardless of whether or not those decisions are wise or accurately informed).

Not in our lifetimes s0n.....................

From the sounds of it, you are lucky to have made it this far, the Spartans would have left you on a hillside for the gods to take or reject.

Personally, I'm shooting for 150 and I'm almost halfway there!

Not in our lifetimes s0n.....................

Green industrial policy is a study in mega-fAil..........its perhaps the stupidest thing in the history of the world..............

Issues 2012 | Solyndra and the Perils of Green Industrial Policy

If only Amercans didn't have lots of WARS, in our cost-structure! Why, if we didn't have a drug war or oil wars, we'd not only have manufacturing, we'd have to make stuff.

But sucksassandballs doesn't understand cost accounting, with somebody's ass and balls in his mouth, so we wait, and wait, and wait, for suck to get a clue.

But sucksassandballs doesn't understand cost accounting, with somebody's ass and balls in his mouth, so we wait, and wait, and wait, for suck to get a clue.[/I]

LOL, I love when I see business ignorant "conservatives" calling Obama a "debit" to his nation thinking it is an insult!

Debit - An accounting entry which results in either an increase in assets or a decrease in liabilities

Gazette.Net: Confronting climate change for real
Maryland taking steps, as more heat, storms loom

We can be thankful that the climate change deniers/skeptics and those who question whether human activity is contributing to global warming are relatively scarce or — at the least — quiet in Maryland.

Oh there are some, such as House Minority Leader Del. Anthony J. O’Donnell (R-Dist. 29C) of Lusby, who told staff writer C. Benjamin Ford last week regarding the human factor: “It’s a theory right now and we’re waiting to see. I don’t believe the science is settled.”

Luckily, a number of others aren’t waiting for the science to be “settled.” As Ford’s story in last week’s Gazette of Politics and Business noted, state officials have been planning around climate change for a good five years, and efforts are stepping up. If this summer’s oppressive heat waves aren’t enough of a clarion call, scary developments such as the buckling of road surface on busy U.S. 50 and a warped rail that caused a Metro train derailment should be...

...Amid the dire predictions and warnings, it’s reassuring to know that some are trying to be proactive and prepared. By comparison, the alternative of continuing the debate seems awfully shortsighted.

Who cares? Most reasonable, sane and rational people, ...thankfully.

I just moved from Balitmore to Jacksonville because I was tired of paying all the outrageous taxed the go towards loopy bullshit like this. The reasonable and sane people are all moving out of Maryland.

...I just moved from Balitmore to Jacksonville because I was tired of paying all the outrageous taxed the go towards loopy bullshit like this. The reasonable and sane people are all moving out of Maryland.

I'm sure the people of Maryland appreciate your contribution to their intelllectual and economic growth and prosperity.

But sucksassandballs doesn't understand cost accounting, with somebody's ass and balls in his mouth, so we wait, and wait, and wait, for suck to get a clue.[/I]

LOL, I love when I see business ignorant "conservatives" calling Obama a "debit" to his nation thinking it is an insult!

Debit - An accounting entry which results in either an increase in assets or a decrease in liabilities

I've never seen any conservative call Obama a "debit." Can you quote one?

Crusader frank's signature.

...I just moved from Balitmore to Jacksonville because I was tired of paying all the outrageous taxed the go towards loopy bullshit like this. The reasonable and sane people are all moving out of Maryland.

I'm sure the people of Maryland appreciate your contribution to their intelllectual and economic growth and prosperity.

this fossil idolizes the intellectual elitists AND embraces Solyndra!!!

tokyo-4-festival-p-072_3-45.jpg

The people of Maryland just approve an extra tax on anyone who makes more than $100,000/yr. There was immediately a mass exodus of such people, including me.

Yeah, they are real smart.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/envir...ting-climate-change-for-real.html#post5664147

In the context he's using it, his usage is correct. He's being facetious. He's taking the phrase, "he's a credit to his nation," and taking the inverse in Obama's case. In this context, "debit" means "subtraction," and that's all it means.

In the context he's using it, his usage is correct. He's being facetious. He's taking the phrase, "he's a credit to his nation," and taking the inverse in Obama's case. In this context, "debit" means "subtraction," and that's all it means.

Didn't we already talk about snot-nosed blubbering?
Now scat back to your comics and let the adults talk.

(Debits) At least one component of every accounting transaction (journal entry) is a debit. Debits increase assets and decrease liabilities and equity
- www.acclaimsoftware.com/accountingterminology.htm

Entry on the left side of a double-entry bookkeeping system that represents the addition of an asset or expense or the reduction to a liability or revenue.
- Accounting Glossary :: Start Here, Go Places.

an account entry with a positive value for assets, and negative value for liabilities and equity.
- Accounting Terms

:whip:

Good luck, with teaching Archie Bunker's test-tube babies to understand how to use double-entry accounting, Trakar.

I'm not having much luck, with Gomer and Goober's test-tube babies, either, but soft! Bigretardedqueenofcalinkey, Wienerbitch, and Wallyfucktard all ran off, somewhere. Maybe they aren't tubing up some more genetically modified abominations, before the election.

Hey! DDDs! You don't get to use the term "debit," in the way CrosstardPunk uses it, unless you are simply trying to prove the white gene pool has a big crack, in the bottom, so nobody wants to just dive right in and make a little baby meathead, lest the little Crosstard be dead, in his head.

Good luck, with teaching Archie Bunker's test-tube babies to understand how to use double-entry accounting, Trakar.

I'm not having much luck, with Gomer and Goober's test-tube babies, either, but soft! Bigretardedqueenofcalinkey, Wienerbitch, and Wallyfucktard all ran off, somewhere. Maybe they aren't tubing up some more genetically modified abominations, before the election.

Hey! DDDs! You don't get to use the term "debit," in the way CrosstardPunk uses it, unless you are simply trying to prove the white gene pool has a big crack, in the bottom, so nobody wants to just dive right in and make a little baby meathead, lest the little Crosstard be dead, in his head.

Rationality - This is the belief in the consistent and systematic application of reason to the solution of problems.
www.palgrave.com/business/white/glossary/glossary.htm

check you feelings and gut emotions at the door, your arguments need compelling supportive evidences to be given weight or consideration. Without these you are just displaying histrionics.

Forum List

Back