Conflict of Interest?

Status
Not open for further replies.

taichiliberal

Rookie
Aug 11, 2010
When trying to exercise the option to ignore a poster, I got this message

Sorry ***** is a moderator/admin and you are not allowed to ignore him or her.

A few years ago on another discussion board, I noticed some of the moderators and administrators that participated in debates abused their positions by violating the very laws they were supposed to enforce. Which brings the question....if you find the postings of moderator/administrator is particularly offensive and/or obnoxious, why should they be exempt from the rules and consequences other posters are? And if said offender decides to "flame" other posters or just use negative reps as a revenge factor, are all other posters allowed to do the same.

Fairness and objectivity should be the hall marks of a moderator/admn. Being totally subject to the same rules and regulations as every other poster in discussion would ensure fairness and objectivity, and make for a better discussion atmosphere.

Yeah right. Some mods on forums around the net have been known to not only break the rules themselves but to allow the rules to be broken as concerns people they don't like.

But I digress. USMB really DELivers when it comes to enforcing the rules for the most part. Kudos to the staff members who apply rules fairly.

I have no problem with Mods/Admins participating in the discussions and/or getting "worked up" over the subject,

but imho, a Mod or Admin should NEVER Neg Rep anyone.

I have no problem with Mods/Admins participating in the discussions and/or getting "worked up" over the subject,

but imho, a Mod or Admin should NEVER Neg Rep anyone.

Really? Cuz you neg rep me, you're getting neg repped right back. Guaranteed.

You think Moderators should be here solely to Moderate (for free, mind you), and not be allowed to act as posters on the very board they spend so much time on? Why?

And, the reason you may not "ignore" a Moderator, or Administrator, is because if you DO break the rules,we send you a PM telling you such. Can't read that PM if you have them on ignore, can you?

That said, you don't get to tell staff how they should run the board, nor do you get to publicly challenge how a board is run. Feel free to PM one until your hearts content, tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back