Confirmed! Rich People Live Off The Work Of Others!

Sundial

Class Warrior
Aug 1, 2011
The IRS report for the richest 400 Americans shows that only 6.5% of their income came from wages and salaries. The rest - 93.5% - came from unearned income. "Unearned income" is the profits that accrue to the rich by virtue of their ownership of things. When corporate profits, for example, go up, the wealth of the rich increases.

The rich themselves do not create those profits, though. The profits are mostly created by the people who work at the corporations - the profit "creators", so to speak. The rich benefit from the hard work of others, but they mostly don't participate - not unless they feel like, anyway.

Link: http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-soi/07intop400.pdf

People define "rich" in different ways. For some people, a $100k salary is rich. For others, it's just scrapping by. In this case, I'm talking about the super-rich. They're definitely not representative of - I don't know, the upper middle class? But they are representative of themselves - the people who own this country.

People define "rich" in different ways. For some people, a $100k salary is rich. For others, it's just scrapping by. In this case, I'm talking about the super-rich. They're definitely not representative of - I don't know, the upper middle class? But they are representative of themselves - the people who own this country.
Liberoidal dingleberries like you define "rich" in any way that it furthers your envy and covetousness.

Get a life.

According to this, the effective tax rate for this group has declined from almost 30% in the 90s to about 16 or 17% today - Evan as their share of all income has increased.

According to this, the effective tax rate for this group has declined from almost 30% in the 90s to about 16 or 17% today - Evan as their share of all income has increased.
Tough shit.

Go get a job, you looter.

That's sort of the point. The people who work - the profit creators - have jobs. They work. The rich, on the other hand - the profit takers - don't work. At least, not unless they feel like it.

Like most middle income Americans, I have a job. I work. The richest of the rich, on the other hand, mostly don't. They consume.

That's sort of the point. The people who work - the profit creators - have jobs. They work. The rich, on the other hand - the profit takers - don't work. At least, not unless they feel like it.

Like most middle income Americans, I have a job. I work. The richest of the rich, on the other hand, mostly don't. They consume.

Now I understand your point.
Yer whining because you didn't win the sperm lottery of being born rich.
There are steps you can take so that your children win that lottery.
Those children will have to put up with jealous people like you though.

Who said I was jealous?

Unfortunately, the reality is that not everyone can be rich, because then no work would get done, and there'd be no one for the rich to live off of.

The IRS report for the richest 400 Americans shows that only 6.5% of their income came from wages and salaries. The rest - 93.5% - came from unearned income. "Unearned income" is the profits that accrue to the rich by virtue of their ownership of things. When corporate profits, for example, go up, the wealth of the rich increases.

The rich themselves do not create those profits, though. The profits are mostly created by the people who work at the corporations - the profit "creators", so to speak. The rich benefit from the hard work of others, but they mostly don't participate - not unless they feel like, anyway.

Quick! Get the torches and pitchforks! To Mr. Burns' house!

angry-mob-simpsons.jpg

What is stopping anyone from starting a business and being a capitalist?

The reason not everyone can live off unearned income is that in order to have profit- takers, you have to have profit-makers.

Who said I was jealous?

Unfortunately, the reality is that not everyone can be rich, because then no work would get done, and there'd be no one for the rich to live off of.
You say you're jealous...In every one of your green-with-envy posts.

Some people are rich and you're not...Get over it.

What is stopping anyone from starting a business and being a capitalist?

The reason not everyone can live off unearned income is that in order to have profit- takers, you have to have profit-makers.
Boo fucking hoo.

Accumulate some funds for yourself and you can get in on it.

Until then, quityerbitchin and get back to work.

angry-mob-simpsons.jpg

Maybe they should burn Mr. Burns' house.

Better yet, they should make him pay his fair share of taxes.

Who said I was jealous?

You say you're jealous...In every one of your green-with-envy posts.

Some people are rich and you're not...Get over it.

You should cut and paste your replies. They're the same, every time.

angry-mob-simpsons.jpg

Maybe they should burn Mr. Burns' house.

Better yet, they should make him pay his fair share of taxes.
Yeah. "Fair share" is a bullshit term that class-envious losers came up with to justify theft.

Anyway, people like you won't go do the stealing yourself. You just elect others to hire people with guns to do it for you. I might actually respect you if you had the balls to do the dirty work yourself.

Forum List

Back