Confirmed: Obama administration sunk $535 million in Porkulus funds in green-energy t

The moonbats are forgetting that National Defense is actually a constitutionally valid function of the government.

Micro-managing the energy industry by funneling taxpayer dollars to special interests is not.

So does that give DoD carte blanche to spend whatever they want? It's the only agency of the federal government whose books are so screwed up that it cannot be audited. In other words, no one actually knows how much the total is for waste, inventory, contractor payments, etc., ever. Nice.

The moonbats are forgetting that National Defense is actually a constitutionally valid function of the government.

Micro-managing the energy industry by funneling taxpayer dollars to special interests is not.

So does that give DoD carte blanche to spend whatever they want? It's the only agency of the federal government whose books are so screwed up that it cannot be audited. In other words, no one actually knows how much the total is for waste, inventory, contractor payments, etc., ever. Nice.

I spent many years working in the defense industry and can tell you first hand, the Pentagon can piss away money like there's no tommorrow.

What's wrong with green energy?

Better we should put our money into fighting wars to maintain our addiction to oil?

That's just plain stupid.

You mean green energy scam? Because that is exactly what it is. There is little green energy that is sustainable with a positive EROI. Politics are driving the green energy lie.

The wind & sun are not producing power when your air-conditioner needs to cool your home, you are ready to flip the light switch, take a shower, start the laundry or dish-washer.

What is your employer supposed to do? Pay employees to stand around waiting for the sun & wind to power the assembly line so you can actually work to make something he can sell?

You people continue to speak as though wind is the only green alternative. But that figures. You rarely do any homework beyond a couple of paragraphs, so I'm not surprised. Here's a list of 50 potential sources for energy not derived from fossil fuels. Educate yourself. It's what the Internet is for.

Sustainable Energy Solutions - Renewable, Alternative Energy

Do you use any of those green energies in the list beyond energy saving lights & insulation?

I do. I have done my own real world research. I had wind & solar power last year. I owned part of a Bio-Fuel plant & Ethanol Plant. I have a spray foam insulation machine. I am also starting to install natural gas conversions on semi trucks.

From experience I can tell you that insulating & saving energy works. But replacing energy with alternatives are not very practical. The only alternatives that works as a transition fuel for a small percent is natural gas & ethanol that everyone hates. People do not want to fill up with diesel fuel & natural gas. They want fast, easy, convenient & cheap. When gas prices drop they avoid the ethanol pump & that really screws your business model.

Wind & solar are expensive headache maintenance nightmares that only produce a lot of power when you don't need it. It is a cruel joke. Unless the power company is forced to buy your excess power then you are even more screwed. They only buy solar & wind power from large politically connected, government funded wind & solar farms like the Carnahan family. The power companies will never ever pay you for wind or solar power.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back