Confirmed: Fraudulent Polygamy Cult Tipster is Barack Obama Delegate

ScreamingEagle

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2004
April 23, 2008

Confirmed: Rozita Swinton, the woman implicated as the hoaxter who placed a fraudulent phone call which led to the roundup of hundreds of children from the Texas polygamy cult ranch, is a Barack Obama delegate to the Colorado state Democratic convention.

Stacey McCain digs this up:

After the El Paso County Democratic caucuses and convention, she was named one of the 360 delegates to the state convention at the World Arena on May 17, chosen to support Barack Obama.

She's also reported as being politically active, but relatively unknown. Earlier reports said that when Texas Rangers and Colorado State Police searched her home, they found tons of information on the FLDS cult. Apparently, she made the whole story of poor "Sarah" the abused child-bride of a 50 year old man out of sensationalist reports that she had read from anti-cult groups.

Most of those in the comments still defending the raid seem to focus on the allegation that "girls as young as 13 are married and pregnant". One of the FLDS lawyers I keep seeing on TV says that this is patently false, and the claime made by the state is not that there are "13 year olds" but a single allegation that one 13 year old was pregnant 10 years ago.

If that is true would it change your perception that there is some justification for tearing hundreds of kids away from their families based on a search warrant executed on false grounds?

http://mypetjawa.mu.nu/archives/192424.php

April 23, 2008

Confirmed: Rozita Swinton, the woman implicated as the hoaxter who placed a fraudulent phone call which led to the roundup of hundreds of children from the Texas polygamy cult ranch, is a Barack Obama delegate to the Colorado state Democratic convention.

Stacey McCain digs this up:

After the El Paso County Democratic caucuses and convention, she was named one of the 360 delegates to the state convention at the World Arena on May 17, chosen to support Barack Obama.

She's also reported as being politically active, but relatively unknown. Earlier reports said that when Texas Rangers and Colorado State Police searched her home, they found tons of information on the FLDS cult. Apparently, she made the whole story of poor "Sarah" the abused child-bride of a 50 year old man out of sensationalist reports that she had read from anti-cult groups.

Most of those in the comments still defending the raid seem to focus on the allegation that "girls as young as 13 are married and pregnant". One of the FLDS lawyers I keep seeing on TV says that this is patently false, and the claime made by the state is not that there are "13 year olds" but a single allegation that one 13 year old was pregnant 10 years ago.

If that is true would it change your perception that there is some justification for tearing hundreds of kids away from their families based on a search warrant executed on false grounds?

http://mypetjawa.mu.nu/archives/192424.php

Of course it won't. This religious group is hated and it is perfectly fine to violate their rights anytime the State choses for any reason. I have already pointed out numerous times the charges are bullshit and that few if any of the over 400 children seized were even in any danger IF the charges were in fact true.

I mean come on the excuse used to keep the boys was that they were being taught to be abusers. No proof, no evidence, nothing, but it sure makes for a good sound bite doesn't it? Further a charge was made the girls have no choice in the matter, also clearly refuted since day one. But it too makes for a good sound bite.

Which has exactly WHAT to do with the raid in Texas? I guess we better shut down EVER catholic Church because they all have priest in them and some were caught molesting boys.

I wouldn't have objected to that.

This is the guy's own, personal compound. Last time I checked, priests didn't have a compound full of underage boys at their beck and call 24/7.

Of course it won't. This religious group is hated and it is perfectly fine to violate their rights anytime the State choses for any reason. I have already pointed out numerous times the charges are bullshit and that few if any of the over 400 children seized were even in any danger IF the charges were in fact true.

I mean come on the excuse used to keep the boys was that they were being taught to be abusers. No proof, no evidence, nothing, but it sure makes for a good sound bite doesn't it? Further a charge was made the girls have no choice in the matter, also clearly refuted since day one. But it too makes for a good sound bite.

Yeah, it is pretty scary how the government is beginning to yank away peoples' children...

Also, if there was any real proof or evidence you would think that somebody would have been arrested by now. Instead, they've allowed the men (and some of the women) to run away out of state. Why didn't they impound them as well as the children??

I wouldn't have objected to that.

This is the guy's own, personal compound. Last time I checked, priests didn't have a compound full of underage boys at their beck and call 24/7.

Sure they did, how many Catholic schools are out there and how many have live in students, how many Priests are allowed to visit young children in their home with out the parents present.

Further I suggest you reread the Story, Jeffs did not have a family there. He moved what he felt were very religious families there, And last I checked he hasn't been there in at least what? 2 maybe 3 years?

Further if the truth is that a single girl was 13 10 YEARS ago and had a baby, where exactly was she? I doubt in Texas, what laws applied in the State she was in when she gave birth? You are aware some states still do or did have laws allowing marriage that young. Hell till 2005 Texas had it at 14. 10 Years ago means the State of Texas has no case. None of these people LIVED in Texas 10 years ago.

Yeah, it is pretty scary how the government is beginning to yank away peoples' children...

Also, if there was any real proof or evidence you would think that somebody would have been arrested by now. Instead, they've allowed the men (and some of the women) to run away out of state. Why didn't they impound them as well as the children??

Because they have no case. They are abusing their authority through a system that is already abusive, KNOWING they will get away with it.

Sure they did, how many Catholic schools are out there and how many have live in students, how many Priests are allowed to visit young children in their home with out the parents present.

Further I suggest you reread the Story, Jeffs did not have a family there. He moved what he felt were very religious families there, And last I checked he hasn't been there in at least what? 2 maybe 3 years?

Further if the truth is that a single girl was 13 10 YEARS ago and had a baby, where exactly was she? I doubt in Texas, what laws applied in the State she was in when she gave birth? You are aware some states still do or did have laws allowing marriage that young. Hell till 2005 Texas had it at 14. 10 Years ago means the State of Texas has no case. None of these people LIVED in Texas 10 years ago.

Not living in the same house.

It's different, though you can't see it because you're too busy sticking up for them.

Not living in the same house.

It's different, though you can't see it because you're too busy sticking up for them.

You are to busy selling away your rights. Believe me they will do this again and it will get closer and closer to you. And they will have this as an example to say, "see it is legal".

HAHAHA!

you people crack me up.

FIRST, you take your info from a bLOG like it were fucking communion.

THEN, you ignore the connection Warren JEffs has to this fucking BASTION of polygamy.

and then act like you are living in the preface to a left behind book because the rest of us just isn't on board with your cultish tendencies.

hilarious!

I applaud this woman. Sure, may not be legal. But everything in our system that is legal, may not be ethical. She may have fabricated a phone call, but I'm glad she's stood up for what she (and alot of other people) think is right.
I don't care who you are, or what kind of religious organization you throw your actions behind, when it comes to children, you have no right to place them in that type of environment where they are brainwashed. Why do you think these sects "seclude" themselves? These kids are "Brainwashed" because they never experience anything else. They've never made a decision for themselves in their life, except for which way to please daddy, or any other male figure in the sect.

I can see it's appeal though, for a man, having hundreds of women at your beck and call. I think this woman should be given a medal and a cash reward. IMO

You are to busy selling away your rights. Believe me they will do this again and it will get closer and closer to you. And they will have this as an example to say, "see it is legal".

I have no plans to start a cult or start sleeping around with children.

Jesus! I cannot believe you are still sticking up for these people.

I have no plans to start a cult or start sleeping around with children.

Jesus! I cannot believe you are still sticking up for these people.

In 1992 no one believed that the US Government would wantonly cause the death of 83 citizens either. All on trumped up charges.

Before that no one believed the FBI would assassinate an unarmed mother while she held her baby in her arms. After that one not only was the case against Weaver thrown out, but the FBI people involved in his wife's killing were all PROMOTED. Did I mention they also killed his 14 year old son while he was doing nothing illegal on his OWN property.

In the mid 90's no one believed armed masked Agents of the Federal Government would raid a house full of unarmed family members to seize a 5 year old boy with out even notifying the local police, and after it was apparent the family would comply with any legal order given by a court.

Go ahead keep selling away our rights. Remember when they come for you, no claiming they have no right.

I applaud this woman. Sure, may not be legal. But everything in our system that is legal, may not be ethical. She may have fabricated a phone call, but I'm glad she's stood up for what she (and alot of other people) think is right.
I don't care who you are, or what kind of religious organization you throw your actions behind, when it comes to children, you have no right to place them in that type of environment where they are brainwashed. Why do you think these sects "seclude" themselves? These kids are "Brainwashed" because they never experience anything else. They've never made a decision for themselves in their life, except for which way to please daddy, or any other male figure in the sect.

I can see it's appeal though, for a man, having hundreds of women at your beck and call. I think this woman should be given a medal and a cash reward. IMO

You are the reason our Government is in danger of become tyranical.

You are the reason our Government is in danger of become tyranical.

Yeah, you're right, a person 40 years younger than you has caused this problem. :rolleyes: I mind as well blame social security problems on a kindergartener. The problem RGS, is the illegal activities that are allowed by the legal restraints of our system. It's the retarded "tyranny" that you suggest that allows for a burglar to sue a homeowner when the burglar falls on a kitchen knife, or gets shot by the homeowner. It's people like you that have caused this problem. People that believe it's ok to molest little kids because it "appears" as if they aren't doing anything. Things don't have to be legal for you to do the right thing. Well, maybe they do for you.

I don't care if the Texas law enforcement broke in there just because. The children do not deserve what they were being delt with at the compound.

Oh and by the way, you were real quick to chastise Barack Obama for his "ties" to the Reverand Wright.

But all of a sudden, you change your tune with a polygamist sect that has ties to Warren Jeffs. What a role model you are.

Forum List

Back