Confident kids become liberals, Whiny kids become conservatives...

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by insein, Mar 22, 2006.

1. insein

insein Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +356
    Expert scientific research yielded these results. Before you start to worry too much, it was conducted by Berkeley. :cof:

http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/Co...le&cid=1142722231554&call_pageid=970599119419

So now liberals are down to trying to use fake science to call conservatives whiny babies? All i can say is LMAO!!!!! More proof that libs have waaaaaay too much time on their hands.

2. fuzzykitten99

fuzzykitten99 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    You'll have to check the Marauder's Map...
    Ratings:
    +199
    if the link didn't say 'the star', i would have guessed this came from The Onion.

I would almost say their study (if you can call it that) is either biased OR...they switched the actual results. I would think that the more confident and self-assured kids would be conservative, because they KNOW what they want, and will work to get it, and tend to think more logically and practical than emotionally.

The whinier, more dependent kids would be more liberal because they want people to take care of them rather than try to take care of themselves, and are more inclined to decisions based on emotion rather than logic or practicality.

3. Nuc

Nuc Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +141
    Fake science? Maybe it should be called "Intelligent Whining".

4. Nienna

Nienna Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +333
    So, the whiny kids got it all out of their systems when they were young, and they grew up to be conservatives.

The "more confident" kids were actually just late bloomers. They're still whining, and they call themselves "liberals."

Ta da! :D

:thanks:

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. left alone

left alone Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I need a pick-up load of this to help green up my lawn....

6. Abbey Normal

Abbey Normal Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +391
    I'd LOVE to see how Berkeley defines liberal and conservative. That alone would be hilarious.

7. musicman

musicman Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +533
    Liberal-friendly studies are so easy to debunk; all you have to do is find the lie:

"Remember the whiny, insecure kid in nursery school, the one who always thought everyone was out to get him, and was always running to the teacher with complaints? Chances are he grew up to be a conservative."

The lie in this particular case occurs in that the study was loaded at the front end. Any child whose upbringing placed him at odds with the Berkeley brand of liberal orthodoxy would not have had to to imagine that "everyone was out to get him". The study's outcome was assured from the start; this is how liberals make sure their studies come out "right".

8. Semper Fi

Semper Fi VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +130
    I'm a self-assured and confident youth, I'm a conservative. From what I can see, and that's first-hand, conservatives are the smart students who know whats right and follows and defends it. Liberals are the ones that whine and complain and do nothing all day. I'm surrounded by them right now in class, no study can disprove that.

Most students are liberals, so the ones who are not politcally aware lean to the left because they want to follow the crowd and be accepted. I, however, hold myself above that. I stay away from name-brand clothes, drugs, and "coolness" (though I am the official definition of cool). That, as far as I am concerned, is self-confidence. All those studies can go to hell.

Funny thing is, when we can debate, we (the republicans) always win, and liberals walk away. That, or we convert the un-thinkers to conservativism, even for just a little while.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  9. Nienna

Nienna Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +333
    :rock:

10. musicman

musicman Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +533