Confession time!

Dan

Aug 28, 2003
Aiken, SC
I never liked Van Halen. I respect Eddie as a great guitarist, but their music never appealed to me, David or Sammy, at all.

That is all.

Commie bastard! :death:

Just kidding. I liked Van Halen through 1984. 5150 was OK, but after that, Eddie's guitar playing was the only thing that kept me remotely interested in VH.

By the way, someone, somewhere, wrote a song about VH and how the band sucked so bad after they dumped David Lee Roth. I can't remember the song or the band though.

Van Halen has just never been the same for me after they dumped David and brought in Sammy. Don't get me wrong, I love Sammy, but David was a much better fit for that band.

Sammy was better as a solo artist. Ever hear the song "give to live"?

Hey Evilarnold, you must have some Thin Lizzy albums then, John Sykes is great, also Gary Moore. But come on Dan, Van Halen rocked, yeah there was some cheese factor there, but a great all american party rock band. I was fortunate enough to see them with Roth and Hagar (Roth kicked Hagars ass), however their time is over, not sure if they will even put out another album as Van Halen.:(

Hey arnold, you done changing avatars now? heheheh! this one suits you better! :)

But come on Dan, Van Halen rocked, yeah there was some cheese factor there, but a great all american party rock band.
Meh, I dunno what to tell you, they just never appealed to me. And I should note that thanks to having teenage brothers around the house growing up, I have a very healthy appreciation of 80's rock/metal. Van Halen just never did it for me.

As for cheesy, all-Amercan party rock, I'll take Andrew WK any day, thank you!

Forum List

Back