Confession Rituals

The Catholics do. However, they think that their pastors can forgive them for those sins if they repeat the 'Hail Mary' as if she is a mediator between God and us. This is NOT biblical:

1Ti 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

• Banned
We have purification practices in Buddhism and special times of the year that are most auspicious for confession.

The Catholics do. However, they think that their pastors can forgive them for those sins if they repeat the 'Hail Mary' as if she is a mediator between God and us. This is NOT biblical:

1Ti 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

Not 'she', 'he'. Priests are men.

A Guide for Confession - Prayers - Catholic Online

You do it your way, we'll do it ours. Mmmk?

Mind your own damned business about our faith and we'll mind ours about yours.

I'm not Catholic, so I could be wrong, but.....

I'm pretty sure Mary was a woman?

:dunno:

I thought Catholics prayed to Mary to intercede for them.

They do, Allie. They pray through Mary as Mother of God for intercession with God. They don't pray to Mary for forgiveness.

Last edited:
Confession Rituals... Well, I take a long hot shower and shave. Then I put on some really spiffy going out to dinner clothes. I check to see that there is plenty of money in my wallet. I then load up the wife into the car and take her to the most expensive resturant in town and tell her to order anything on the menu she would like to have. I make sure there is a great bottle of wine delivered to the table. Soft candle light and relaxing music. Then when the wife asks what the special occasion is, I spill my guts and tell her of all my sins and what I have done that I think she will find fault with. If she doesn't pitch a bitch in the resturant and start throwing dishes and shit, I am forgiven but getting forgiveness of sins and going to confession is not cheap....

Umm, Mary is a 'he'?...lol

"...repeat the 'Hail Mary' as if she is a mediator between God and us."

Maybe you need to freshen up on your reading skills. ;)

The truth will set you free. You can't become better than you are today until you are honest about where you are today.

American Buddhist are a drag. I do however find it hilarious when I see a Preius with a Nameste sticker on the window and the drivers arm hanging out the window flipping me the bird as they cut me off.

I thought Catholics prayed to Mary to intercede for them.

Well, She is his Mom. Who could say no to Mom ?

the Hail Mary prayer

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee, blessed art thou, among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus....

this is IN THE Bible, it is Elizabeth's(the mother of John the Baptist's) salutation towards Mary, her cousin....

I don't see a problem with repeating what is in the Bible.

Holy Mary, mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

she is not forgiving your sins, asking her to pray for you is like asking another person in the room to pray for your son, who is doing a tour in Afghanistan....

and there is NOTHING wrong with that either....

I was a Catholic, and we never worshiped or prayed to Mary as if she were a God....

I'm not Catholic, so I could be wrong, but.....

I'm pretty sure Mary was a woman?

:dunno:

We don't confess our sins to Mary. This is just bullshit from non Catholics who think they know shit they don't actually know. I find that happens a lot on this forum. I refer to it as 'open mouth, insert foot' and there seems to be a lot of posters who like the taste of their feet.

Forum List

Back