Confederate Flag vs. Ground Zero Mosque?

Well you have now. Glad you like it.

Actually, I find it pathetic. Worse still, you're too proud to admit the glaring hypocrisy found in your statements. Yet, you wonder why you are mocked? Where does that pride come from? I think some inward reflection is in order here Mr or Mrs holy roller.

The Confederacy declared war on the United States and fought -- killed and maimed other Americans, for the right to own and trade Black people.

Much of Islam is on America's side in the WoT (war on terror). Don't believe me? Look it up...without our Islamic allies we would be up shit creek without a paddle...plus Islam never declared war on the United States as the Confederacy has

:eusa_shhh:

pitty thats not exactly the truth, but if that's the fairy tale you want to live in so be it.

No..that's exactly the way it happened.

I personally think it should be changed to "The War of Southern Treachery."

I take it you've done independent studies on the 19th century American People? Also aren't you one of those people who claim the founding fathers were liberals?

If you didn't give a fuck, you wouldn't be here pissing and moaning about things you allegedly care nothing about.....
I care about things. Just not the Confederate Flag nor the Ground Zero Mosque. Hence me saying "Who gives a flying fuck about either?"

I care because I want to see the truth told. For one thing it wasn't the Confederate flag. It was The Confedrate battle flag. It was never flown over any Confederate Property. It

Would this also be a flag of racism?
The Ku Klux Klan marched down Pennsylvania Avenue in Washington, D.C. in 1952 carrying the U.S. flag.
kkk1952-washington-dc.jpg

Would you call this flag a racist flag?
Chocktah%20flag.jpg

How about this flag
Cleburne.gif
one

One more
Van%20Dorn%20Flag.jpg

Islamo-fascists and the Southern supporters of the extinct CSA actually would have a lot in common if the CSA was still around

They would both be advocates of feudalist societies.

Islamo-fascists and the Southern supporters of the extinct CSA actually would have a lot in common if the CSA was still around

They would both be advocates of feudalist societies.

Then you really don't know the history of Americas 19th century you just understand what you have been taught. Is that a fair assumption?

Sshhh...we're supposed to believe the only violent Muslim in the whole world is bin Laden.

Sad isn't it?

And scary.

Who knows what it is about liberals that makes them feel compelled to befriend and protect scmbags, liars, woman beaters, and butchers. I assume it's because they want America brought low, and those are the only sort of people they can find to help them do it.

The Confederate Battle flag was not identified as a symbol of racism until after the centennial anniversary of the American civil war. Shortly after that the klan started using it as their symbol. Up until then the klan would carry they U.S. Flag and the Christian flag.

Last edited:
Identified how, why and by whom? That's the question, in both cases.

Symbols are in the mind of the beholder, they have no inherent meaning beyond what we choose to assign to them. The only real difference I see between the two and what people choose to believe they symbolize is the bias of the people viewing them.

Of course people who associate the Confederacy with the fight for slavery will see its battle flag as a racist symbol. Isn't that what it flew to defend? I realize it's not that simple, but it's the association that matters. And of course those who blame all of Islam for 9/11 will see a mosque, any mosque let alone one a few blocks from the site we consider so sacred it's still just a muddy hole in the ground, as a symbol of jihad and a thumbed nose in our general direction. The fact that Muslims live and work in the area and want a place to worship is quite irrelevant.

It's natural confirmation bias. No matter what anybody does someone, somewhere will see it the way they want to see it and get butthurt over it. That's human nature. *shrug*

Now the interesting question to me is the public v. private property distinction. But that's getting away from whether it's subjectively "insensitive".

Last edited:
I've heard people decry the Confederate flag flying on statehouse grounds in SC, saying that it is insensitive.

I've also heard people decry the would be Ground Zero mosque, also saying it is insensitive.

Not surprisingly, there is very little overlap among the two groups doing the decrying.

What I'd like to have explained, by anyone taking any side, is why one is indeed insensitive while the other is not.

note: Thread inspired by Ravi's self-pwnage in another thread.

I find both to be insensitive for different reasons.

The rebel flag due to its historical imagry as the symbol of states that wanted slavery
The Ground Zero mosque due to the historical implications of its name and its proximity to "sacred ground".

However, I do recognize that both people who want to fly that flag and the ground zero mosque have the right to fly the flag and build the mosque under the first ammendment.

Sshhh...we're supposed to believe the only violent Muslim in the whole world is bin Laden.

Sad isn't it?

And scary.

Who knows what it is about liberals that makes them feel compelled to befriend and protect scmbags, liars, woman beaters, and butchers. I assume it's because they want America brought low, and those are the only sort of people they can find to help them do it.

Clarify, plz.

Forum List

Back