Confederate Flag: Symbol of ?

You could almost argue they fought for the Union granted Constitutional right to secede.

Except there isn't one.

We just did this on another thread so I'll just quote reply it.

I bolded it for you.

The Constitution establishes a more perfect union. Says so in the preamble.

And of course the Preamble sounds nice, but means absolutely nothing. The 10th Amendment, on the other hand, clearly makes secession legal since it is nowhere prohibited to the states in the Constitution.

You could almost argue they fought for the Union granted Constitutional right to secede.

Except there isn't one.

We just did this on another thread so I'll just quote reply it.

The Constitution establishes a more perfect union. Says so in the preamble.

And of course the Preamble sounds nice, but means absolutely nothing. The 10th Amendment, on the other hand, clearly makes secession legal since it is nowhere prohibited to the states in the Constitution.

It clearly doesn't.

Listen jackwagon I am not the one delving in to romatic ideals about slave owning confederates. It doesn't matter if the men in the trenches owned slaves cause if they were confederates the fought to protect the fat ass racist democrat fucks who did..... It wasnt freedom or liberty that the confederates were about it was slavery and facism. They perverted the cause of state rights to further evil slaving ways. That's history, that's the Fucking truth.

Ever fought in a war?
Warriors, men in the trenches and the front lines do not give a shit about any ideology.
They fight for survival.
Do you really believe the soldiers in the civil war, WWI, WWII, Korea and specifically Viet Nam cared JACK SHIT about any political ideology when fighting in the trenches?
"I am fighting for slavery" is what you believe the southern Confederate had in mind when he led a charge in battle.
He could have cared less.
Flag is another issue altogether. Get real my brother. I know.

Some enlist for more noble reasons. Some for less noble reasons.

Officers maybe but take a look at the shoeless Confederate soldiers in the war and tell me they were fighting for a noble cause.
They were too far from home to desert so they stuck with it.
And did an amazing job at it against superior forces.
You fight for your buddies.

Listen jackwagon I am not the one delving in to romatic ideals about slave owning confederates. It doesn't matter if the men in the trenches owned slaves cause if they were confederates the fought to protect the fat ass racist democrat fucks who did..... It wasnt freedom or liberty that the confederates were about it was slavery and facism. They perverted the cause of state rights to further evil slaving ways. That's history, that's the Fucking truth.

Ever fought in a war?
Warriors, men in the trenches and the front lines do not give a shit about any ideology.
They fight for survival.
Do you really believe the soldiers in the civil war, WWI, WWII, Korea and specifically Viet Nam cared JACK SHIT about any political ideology when fighting in the trenches?
"I am fighting for slavery" is what you believe the southern Confederate had in mind when he led a charge in battle.
I believe that my grandfathers and father fought for the American way ...... I also believe that the confederates were fight fot the confederate way and that way was slavery.

The politicians yes but not the grunts in the field.

Again, let's see that policy.

Oh and if it was perfectly legal why were so many people that were involved convicted of war crimes?

In Germany it was legal. State policy, there were various laws to send them and kill them in the camps.
Deportation orders, denaturalization orders.
Laws to prevent people with disabilities from having kids, then sent to camps.
Nuremberg Laws

If that's true then produce the policy that made mass killing innocent people legal. And if it was legal why the convictions?

Just because you people say so. doesn't make it it so.

Put up or shut up.

Why the convictions? Because the victors write the rules. Except, interesting enough, the insurrection we are talking about in this thread.

It's like this - The swastica is an eastern symbol of good luck. True fact, for those that didn't know. But Hitler put it on the nazi flag. At that initial point in time that swastica still meant good luck, or good fortune, but after the invasions and atrocities that symbol became associated with the worst kind of evil.

There have been groups trying to reclaim the original meanings of assorted symbols that Hitler and others corrupted. I was part of one group, very liberal and well-meaning. We didn't want anyone to forget Nazi Germany for what it was, we wanted to take back what was stolen from peaceful people of the world. It didn't work. Not at all.

The damage is done, whether it's a swastika or the rebel flag, any positive association is gone - permanently.

This is actually worse. The swastika had meaning independent of the Nazi usage. The "independent" usage here is actually part of thing people are criticizing.

Ever fought in a war?
They fight for survival.

Officers maybe but take a look at the shoeless Confederate soldiers in the war and tell me they were fighting for a noble cause.
What elitist tripe you post..... How pathetic can you be to think the rank and file are so lacking of patriotism.....

Jon Stewart said that Southerners hang onto the Confederate Flag like some hold onto their fat pants after losing weight.
Low and behold several are talking of secession.

Last edited:

What elitist tripe you post..... How pathetic can you be to think the rank and file are so lacking of patriotism.....

You ever been shot at?
Never said anyone lacked "patriotism"
When your ass is in the shits there are no patriots.
That is TV stuff.

Last edited:

You ever been shot at?
Never said anyone lacked "patriotism"
When your ass is in the shits there are no patriots.
That is TV stuff.
No you said they were idiots who fight for nothing.

Forum List

Back