Confederate Flag Should Stay Up

In total, 67% don't see the flag as negative (which includes 10% of blacks who see it as positive), VS >> only 30% who see it as negative.
But I hope this doesn't break your heart Joke Starkey, but that flag has NO CHANCE OF BEING REMOVED. It has to get a 2/3 vote in the SC house which is 63% Republican + must get 2/3 vote in SC Senate, which is 61% Republican.

Now here's the REAL bad news for you flag removers. State Senator Tom Davis, a Republican who supports the proposal, said there were a number of potential procedural complications.

The General Assembly is currently in session by virtue of a “sine die” resolution that allows lawmakers to take up specifically enumerated issues. To address the flag issue, Mr. Davis said, the resolution would have to be amended — and that, he said, would take a two-thirds vote in each house.

So there would have to be FOUR 2/3 VOTES, (all going in direct opposition to a southern Republican majority).

Flag removers. Don't bet your paycheck on this. :badgrin:
Ironically, Republicans are protecting the Democrat flag......from Democrats.......wanting to tear down their own traditions.

I say if Democrats want to destroy their own flag, let 'em.

Quick question......................

How many of you Southerners actually fought in the regiment led by Robert E. Lee?

If you had family that fought with their regiment, then why do you continue to display the battle flag that Lee himself said should be rolled up and put history?...It's a racist flag and should be put to rest.

...& replaced by the rainbow flag...?

You know.......................continuing to fly a flag that is a symbol of a general who surrendered, and was never officially adopted by the Confederacy is like flying the symbols of another failed military group that lost a war...............the Nazi SS, and stating that it's just a symbol of German pride.

You know.......................continuing to fly a flag that is a symbol of a general who surrendered, and was never officially adopted by the Confederacy is like flying the symbols of another failed military group that lost a war...............the Nazi SS, and stating that it's just a symbol of German pride.

You mean like this flag and it's people's "pride". It's called a Peace flag...the people who flew it also owned blacks as slaves. Be careful how far you want to go with these bans.

cherpeac.jpg

Peace flags aren't battle flags, nor do they represent the continued aggression and oppression of others. The Nazi SS symbols and Lee's battle flag do.

Peace flags aren't battle flags, nor do they represent the continued aggression and oppression of others. The Nazi SS symbols and Lee's battle flag do.

They flew the flag and were slave owners. That is aggression and oppression. I can post other flags they flew, want me to? You are pushing an agenda and being unfair while you are doing it. In fact the Cherokee used battle flags patterned after the Confederate flag.....ooops :)

Bravesflag.png

Sure, there is a disturbing aspect of the Confederate flag. It stood for a government that supported the enslavement of millions of people. On the other hand, it stood, and still stands for OTHER THINGS also. It stands for southern cultural heritage (food, music, language dialect, etc all having nothing to do with slavery). It also is a tribute to hundreds of thousands of combat veterans who fought under that flag, most of whom never saw a slave in their whole lives, and many who were as poor as the slaves, if not worse.

Many confederate soldiers went barefoot on the battlefield, and the lucky ones who got boots and a full uniform were known to have said >. "this is the best suit of clothes I've ever had"

Next, we should consider the writings of Dylann Roof. This kid is quite unhinged, and was doing a lot of drugs. And nothing excuses his acts of cold blooded murder. But if you read what he wrote about what angered him, there is much to learn from it. And much of it is 100% TRUE. He was influenced by Conservative web sites, but not hate sites. He was influenced by the TRUTH in those sites, which reported what liberal sites and TV stations don't report, and he said so in his "manifesto" >>

1. "the Trayvon Martin case" (instigated by race hustlers, Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson) "the news be blowing up the Trayvon Martin case while hundreds of these black on White murders got ignored?

2. "pages upon pages of brutal black on white crime"

the much higher rate of "violent" crime (per capita) among blacks, than whites

blacks "always thinking about the fact that they are black"

how blacks "get offended so easily"

6. "blacks getting away with obnoxious behavior in public, because it is expected of them"

7. "We are told to accept what is happening to us because of ancestors wrong doing, but it is all based on historical lies, exaggerations and myths. I have tried endlessly to think of reasons we deserve this, and I have only came back more irritated because there are no reasons."

8. "In a modern history class it is always emphasized that, when talking about “bad” things Whites have done in history, they were White. But when we lern about the numerous, almost countless wonderful things Whites have done, it is never pointed out that these people were White. Yet when we learn about anything important done by a black person in history, it is always pointed out repeatedly that they were black."

Roof also mentioned "affirmative action", which is pure racist discrimination against whites, which is the largest racial discrimination in America, and has victimized more people (by far), for 51 years, than all other discriminations combined. Yet, it is fully accepted countrywide, in all but 8 states that have banned it

These are the critical things that the media should be talking about, not the Confederate flag.

Lastly, I would say that this attitude that has prevailed over America, (which Dylann Roof has clearly perceived correctly) that blacks must be accomodated however they want to be, and it's OK for whites to be shoved aside in the process, is exactly what we're seeing now in the Confederate flag debate. Blacks telling everybody what to do. Giving ORDERS.

As an example I'll use Dr Alveda King who, speaking on cable news stations Fox and CNN, said "the flag must go". On CNN, college philosophy teacher Cornell West said the same thing. And this is what all those calling for the flag's removal have been saying. Notice there isn't a smidgin of compromise. Not a word about heritage. Nothing about Confederate soldiers and their heroism. Only DEMANDS, "my way or the highway", and how things MUST be done THEIR way.

Well, this is the mindset that Roof was talking about, which so many people either are oblivious to, or are in denial of. I hope that if the flag is removed, it will not cause more young, unhinged, drug abusing gun owners to go out and kill more people. And just as I type this, I see a report that some folks have been out burning the Confederate flag, and making videos of it. More fuel to the fires of the dangerous Dylann Roofs of America, and more selfish, ignoring of the rights of white people and southern heritage, so as to appease blacks, no matter what.

The Battle Flag of Robert E. Lee and his men was never the Confederate Flag. The Original Confederate Flag looked more like the State Flag of Texas and nothing like the Dixie Flag.

It is true the Second and Third Confederate Flag incorporated the Dixie flag within it but the Dixie Flag was never the sole flag of the South during the war between the Blue and Grey.

Too many confuse the flags, and today society should educate itself when discussing the Battle Flag of General Lee and his man, and stop calling it the Confederate Flag.

Here is the first Confederate Flag:

800px-Flag_of_the_Confederate_States_of_America_%281861-1863%29.svg.png

The second flag that incorporate the Battle Flag of Lee:

800px-Flag_of_the_Confederate_States_of_America_%281863-1865%29.svg.png

The Third Flag that also incorporated the Battle Flag Of General Lee:

800px-Flag_of_the_Confederate_States_of_America_%281865%29.svg.png

As you can see the first flag for the Confederate States was more like the U.S. and Texas Flag and nothing like the Dixie flag.

The reason why the Battle Flag of Lee was made was for southern troops to distinguish between Lee Troops and the Northern Troops because of the fact the Confederate Flag looked to much like the Union Flag.

So as we discuss whether or not if the Battle Flag of General Lee should be flown on Government Grounds we should stop calling the Dixie Flag the Confederate Flag because as I stated it was never the official of the south.

Also I am against it being flown on Government Grounds but on Private land it is the choice of the individual and their right if they want to fly the flag, and should not be forced to take it down.

Also if someone want to put the Battle Flag as a decal on their Car, Truck or any form of transportation then that is their choice and again I will not deny them the right.

We live a country of freedom of choice, and sometimes the PC society goes too far on some subjects and the Dixie Flag is one of those issues I feel they are going too far on...

Also a little funny thing but the Car in Dukes of Hazzard was named the General Lee, and if anyone notice the car carried his battle flag on it and not the Confederate Flag...

Flags of the Confederate States of America - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Forum List

Back