conervatives belief in "trickle-down/Voodoo economics":

Dot Com

Nullius in verba
Feb 15, 2011
Fairfax, NoVA
Conservatives, many on this board, say "Leave the super-rich & their tax havens be because I may one day get there too" :rolleyes:

bagley.jpg

Last edited:
A recent duke study confirmed that most people in america have no idea as to the extent of the wealth held by the top 1%. I beleive its @ 40% of the wealth
Study: Most Americans want wealth distribution similar to Sweden | The Raw Story
According to research (PDF) carried out by Michael I. Norton of Harvard Business School and Dan Ariely of Duke University, and flagged by Paul Kedrosky at the Infectious Greed blog, 92 percent of Americans would choose to live in a society with far less income disparity than the US, choosing Sweden's model over that of the US.

What's more, the study's authors say that this applies to people of all income levels and all political leanings: The poor and the rich, Democrats and Republicans are all equally likely to choose the Swedish model.

They were given choices between three, unlabelled, pie charts representing wealth distribution, one being the U.S. , one being Sweden, and another country. 90% + chose the Sweden graph as a desired income distribution. This is no surprise for Dem's but it is for the 90%+ conservatives respondents.

This study shows the ignorance of the American public inre: real wealth disparities. This is from 2010 so I haven't heard anything different. If anybody can counter it then feel free

Conservatives, many on this board, say "Leave the super-rich & their tax havens be because I may one day get there too :rolleyes:

bagley.jpg

So, you think that by taxing the rich, it will somehow put money in your pocket? In 1932 they thought the same thing so they passed the Revenue Act. You think that helped them? How is it going to help the situation.

The reason we don't support taxing the rich is because we believe in private property and individual liberty. Not just our liberty but everyones, even yours.

The federal government proved they are not serious about balancing the budget or the national debt. Their only answer is to continue printing dollars. How long can this continue without an economic collapse? You think the answer to the problem is taxing the rich.

Tax who ever you want. I don't give a shit anymore. Thank for the profit in silver. I will keep buying and buying. I am also buying food. I hope your ideology dies of starvation in this Greater Depression.

Last edited:
There was greater econ growth under Pres Clinton & his tax rates. Nice try though.
Bush On Jobs: The Worst Track Record On Record - Real Time Economics - WSJ
The Bush administration created about three million jobs (net) over its eight years, a fraction of the 23 million jobs created under President Bill Clinton‘s administration and only slightly better than President George H.W. Bush did in his four years in office.

Yea, Cutting government spending just doesn't make sense.:cuckoo:

There was greater econ growth under Pres Clinton & his tax rates. Nice try though.
The Bush administration created about three million jobs (net) over its eight years, a fraction of the 23 million jobs created under President Bill Clinton‘s administration and only slightly better than President George H.W. Bush did in his four years in office.

Yea, Cutting government spending just doesn't make sense.:cuckoo:

You believe that austerity alone is the answer? LOLOL The privatization of MediCare and the tax-breaks of @ $200K to the rich like Obama? Ryan's budget proposal makes savings on the backs of the poor & middle-class.

The economy is driven by far more than what the tax rates are.

You really don't know anything about Economics at all. Typically, when I am not well versed on a subject, I don't comment on it.

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll190/kongman74/AwGeezNotThisShitAgain.jpg[/IMG[/quote]
The truth hurts don't it my friend? :eusa_boohoo:
[quote="Mr Liberty, post: 3539717"]Yea they seem to think, by giving the government more money, they will use it wisely [B]this time[/B]. We are only going after the rich! When they come for them. They will have no moral grounds to stop them.[/quote]

I'm pointing out that conservatives, mostly the people who make < $1 million/year, have no clue as to what "rich" means nowadays that the Republicans have been redistributing wealth upwards.

Forum List

Back