Condoleeza Schools Liberal College Boy About "Torture"

Please try to understand. If KSM and Abu Zubaidah are granted trial in the US, as Obama is asking for, they will WALK. Any judge in America will throw the case out because their rights were violated. It would be an injustice to the 2973 people who the people killed on Sept. 11 and their families if Khlied Shiek Muhammed and Abu Zubaidah were set free.
It is hard for me to feel sorry that these people were waterboarded when they sent 2973 people to their deaths but not before much worse torture, i.e. falling 100 stories knowing you're going to hit the pavement or burning to death in the explosions... not to mention whatever happened on the planes themselves.

Perhaps we should have thought of this before torturing them? But despite that, I don't think that's how it would work. Evidence that was found without torture exists, and that evidence can still be used.

I suggest you educate yourself on how exactly our justice system works.

Maybe they should have thought about it before torturing them, but the fact is they didn't. we need to be pragmatic about this. I don't think torture should be used because it doesn't work. I just don't like to hear people boo hoo about how rough it was on KSM and Abu Zubaidah. If you want to talk about justice, how about waterboarding each of them 2973 times before executing them. That wouldn't be justice, though, because the 2973 killed on 9/11 suffered far more than they would have under a wateboarding session.
It's not the torture that will get them off. Their fourth, fifth, and sixth amendments have been violated. I have talked to attorneys on the LEFT who agree with you that Gitmo should be closed that agree that the cases against them would be tossed out.

I didn't change the subject. The people you say were "tortured" planned the fucking attacks, you stupid fuck.
You would support giving these assholes a trial, so they can be released and blow up another skyscraper, wouldn't you, wouldnt you fuckhead? I guess Obama's pastor wasn't anti american enough for you, so you had to switch to defending al qaeda. Is that it, bitch?

Some things just need to be responded to.

you are anti american. you stand against everything this country stands for. You support war crimes and injustice.

Please try to understand. If KSM and Abu Zubaidah are granted trial in the US, as Obama is asking for, they will WALK. Any judge in America will throw the case out because their rights were violated. It would be an injustice to the 2973 people who the people killed on Sept. 11 and their families if Khlied Shiek Muhammed and Abu Zubaidah were set free.
It is hard for me to feel sorry that these people were waterboarded when they sent 2973 people to their deaths but not before much worse torture, i.e. falling 100 stories knowing you're going to hit the pavement or burning to death in the explosions... not to mention whatever happened on the planes themselves.

I don't care if they ever stand trial and I hope they never see the outside of a prison wall again. And quite frankly, I wouldn't mind if their last vision in life was seeing the hand pull the switch that starts the voltage flowing through the electric chair they were sitting on. Screw the "it is inhumane" BS! Let them experience death the hard way. Saw their heads off in the same manner as Nick Berg's was. I don't have a problem with that.

But, when we start justifying the use of tactics used by barbarians, we become barbarians. We are frigging justifying torture in the same way we justify abortion, for crying out loud! I'm not a fool. I realize this has gone on before and it will continue to go on, but damn it, don't have the President of the United States of America glorify it. Don't try to justify it by saying, "It's not as bad as what they did to us." That excuse is simply bullshit and that is all it is... an excuse.

Don't have the President stand up there and tell us, it is not torture, either. Bullshit! It is a procedure used to induce pain and fear in the attempt to force the subject to tell us something that we want to hear. That is torture. Torture does not have to end in death or maiming. It doesn't even have to end in any permanent results. It is still torture.

I know it happens. I know there are reasons for its usage and when people like KSM or Abu Z. are tortured (people who are known terrorists, not suspected terrorists) that is one thing, But when you detain a person who is not known as a terrorist simply because they had a weapon in Iraq and crossed paths with the U.S. Military (for all you know they simply felt they were defending their homeland and which one of us would not do the same damned thing?), then you put them in prison and without any legitimate belief that they know something else, you start torturing them just to see if they know something... that is barbaric.

I don't want my government justifying their barbarism, because when they do they sound like Muslim extremists.

Maybe the issue here is actually the damned PC attitude that everyone has taken in the last thirty or so years. Maybe the problem is that those who justify these things want to make it sound like they are baking cakes and playing patty cake with the detainees because they are afraid of the liberals who will get mad at them for doing their jobs. But, if you have to do it, then Shut the Fuck Up, do your job and move on. Don't brag about saving lives by torturing human beings. That is sick... sick... sick.

It may be that I am the only conservative on this board opposed to the torture of detainees. Especially detainees who are not proven terrorists. But, I stand by my belief that torture is wrong. It is wrong when Muslim extremists do it and it is wrong when the U.S. Government does it. I can't do anything about the extremists, but I can say that I don't like it when my government does it. If it has to happen then damn it, use it sparingly and for God's sake, don't flaunt it!

Immie

Perhaps we should have thought of this before torturing them? But despite that, I don't think that's how it would work. Evidence that was found without torture exists, and that evidence can still be used.

I suggest you educate yourself on how exactly our justice system works.
they werent waterboarded for evidence, they were waterboarded for INTEL
they are not prisoners for criminal prosecution, they are prisoners for acts of war
but because they dont abide by the GC they are not covered by the POW status
they could have been shot on the battlefield the same as spies

Forum List

Back