Condi Rocked

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&u=/ap/20050119/ap_on_go_ca_st_pe/senate_rice

She more than held her own. I can't wait to see what she chooses to do in 2008 or 2010, Boxer's seat? Governor of CA?

Rice seemed headed for easy confirmation by the Senate as President Bush (news - web sites)'s choice to be the country's top diplomat. She did have a tense exchange with Sen. Barbara Boxer (news, bio, voting record), D-Calif. — Rice repeatedly asked the senator not to question her truthfulness — but former presidential nominee John Kerry (news - web sites), D-Mass., was the only member of the Foreign Relations Committee who told her she might not win his vote.

Rice has more smarts and class in her little finger than Boxer could ever dream of. I think that was noticeably spelled out in Rice's repeated request not to impugn her character. :clap:

My only problem; she's a woman; I'm going to say it! Snort, snort..I'm a pig!

The most important mission of our next Secretary of State is to conduct diplomic relations with muslim nations; nations that do not respect women's rights.

Am I wrong for suggesting that no one will respect the opinions of this woman, much less a woman who represents the most hated world leader, outside of his' own country, since Adolph Hitler?

I remind you that this an honest and professional opinion.

hylandrdet said:

The most important mission of our next Secretary of State is to conduct diplomic relations with muslim nations; nations that do not respect women's rights.

Only when the woman in question is a powerless serf.

In the world in which these so called 'royals' live, there also exists the 'in your face' might and majesty of the United States of America, now represented by this strong and opinionated woman.

If they take affront at the concept of a woman running US foreign policy, the demands of realpolitic require they display no outward sign or adjust their policy in accordance, or otherwise face the consequences of such an outright insult to the most powerfull nation in the world.

This is what makes her position oh so sweet.

Am I wrong for suggesting that no one will respect the opinions of this woman, much less a woman who represents the most hated world leader, outside of his' own country, since Adolph Hitler?

Absolutely, you are wrong 100%. Watch and learn over the next four years, Condi will be respected.

hylandrdet said:

They need to learn sometime, whether through diplomacy or with their neck under a boot at gunpoint. The Saudis too, eventually.

Kathianne said:
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&u=/ap/20050119/ap_on_go_ca_st_pe/senate_rice

She more than held her own. I can't wait to see what she chooses to do in 2008 or 2010, Boxer's seat? Governor of CA?

Amen---she chewed em up and spit em out--Kerry is damn lucky he didn't have to debate her ! He would have had to walk off stage crying. Boxer may end up IN one if she's not careful ! I did like Bidens' comment about telling the EU to " just get over it. Bush is our pres so just get over it " !

dilloduck said:
Amen---she chewed em up and spit em out--Kerry is damn lucky he didn't have to debate her ! He would have had to walk off stage crying. Boxer may end up IN one if she's not careful !I did like Bidens' comment about telling the EU to " just get over it. Bush is our pres so just get over it "!

I agreee, Biden often surprises me. Just when I can't stand him, he does something like this.

hylandrdet said:

The same could have been said of Madeline Albright. Not that she was a very assertive person, but she was also a "she."

Bonnie said:
"Iraq made commitmetns after the Gulf War to completely dismantle all weapons of mass destruction-and unfortunatley Iraq has not lived up to it's agreement"

Barbara Boxer Nov 8, 2002

www.rightwingnews.com/quotes/demsonwmds.php

LOL, thanks for the quote Bonnie...so here we have IN BLACK AND WHITE a recognition by Boxer that WMDs did exist. And then she has the gall to attack Rice about their "non-existence". Here's the exact quote of Boxer attacking Rice:

"You sent them in there because of weapons of mass destruction. Later the mission changed when there were none," Boxer told Rice. "Let's not rewrite history, it's too soon to do that."

So we sent the military in there because of WMDs. OK, everybody including Boxer agreed that we thought there were WMDs in Iraq. Now she is claiming that "we changed the mission" and are "rewriting history"? Why? Because we didn't find any WMDs in Iraq after we invaded? Like we should have pulled out immediately after invasion and left the country up for grabs before taking the time to even search for the WMDs? Also, just because we couldn't find the WMDs does not mean that they don't/didn't exist. Saddam had plenty of time to move/hide/destroy them.

Boxer was just bringing up the old, tired WMD argument that everybody has been chewing on forever now. Obviously she was only out to attack Rice in the only pathetic way she could think of. Of course, Condi picked right up on that and gave a snappy reply pointing out the obvious (that Boxer was just attacking her personally):

"It wasn't just weapons of mass destruction," Rice told the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, saying former Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein supported terrorism, attacked Kuwait and Israel and needed to be removed given the new U.S. threat perception after the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks on New York and Washington.

"We can have this discussion in any way that you would like, but I really hope that you will refrain from impugning my integrity," Rice told Boxer. "I really hope that you will not imply that I take the truth lightly."

Rice is quick on her feet and very intelligent: great assets for a Secretary of State who must deal with all sorts of people, including stupid Senators. I believe she will outshine Colin Powell, especially in terms of getting the State Department in order.

http://wireservice.wired.com/wired/story.asp?section=Breaking&storyId=977203&tw=wn_wire_story

ScreamingEagle said:
LOL, thanks for the quote Bonnie...so here we have IN BLACK AND WHITE a recognition by Boxer that WMDs did exist. And then she has the gall to attack Rice about their "non-existence". Here's the exact quote of Boxer attacking Rice:

So we sent the military in there because of WMDs. OK, everybody including Boxer agreed that we thought there were WMDs in Iraq. Now she is claiming that "we changed the mission" and are "rewriting history"? Why? Because we didn't find any WMDs in Iraq after we invaded? Like we should have pulled out immediately after invasion and left the country up for grabs before taking the time to even search for the WMDs? Also, just because we couldn't find the WMDs does not mean that they don't/didn't exist. Saddam had plenty of time to move/hide/destroy them.

Boxer was just bringing up the old, tired WMD argument that everybody has been chewing on forever now. Obviously she was only out to attack Rice in the only pathetic way she could think of. Of course, Condi picked right up on that and gave a snappy reply pointing out the obvious (that Boxer was just attacking her personally):

Rice is quick on her feet and very intelligent: great assets for a Secretary of State who must deal with all sorts of people, including stupid Senators. I believe she will outshine Colin Powell, especially in terms of getting the State Department in order.

http://wireservice.wired.com/wired/story.asp?section=Breaking&storyId=977203&tw=wn_wire_story

I always wonder how these people can look at themselves in the mirror everyday????

If you notice all the other folks who "knew" about the WMD's including one Mr Clark???

hylandrdet said:

I kind of liken it to that black runner in the 1936 olympics, kicking the Aryans asses. Sort of an unspoken "F*** You" whenever she meets with representatives of middle eastern theocracies.

hylandrdet said:

I might agree, but if we follow your logic, then we also have to appoint somebody that is a Muslim. Muslims don't respect infidels and the Q'aran says that it is okay to lie to infidels. Therefore, we must appoint a Muslim.

Bonnie said:
"Iraq made commitments after the Gulf War to completely dismantle all weapons of mass destruction-and unfortunatley Iraq has not lived up to it's agreement"

Barbara Boxer Nov 8, 2002

www.rightwingnews.com/quotes/demsonwmds.php

Boxer will claim that she only said that because Bush told her that there were WMD's and that Bush knew there were not. (paraphrased from what she said to Ms Rice yesterday)

:boohoo:

BTW: the info that Bush got was from the CIA... Gerorge Tenant...appointed by?????????????? Bill Clinton.... as long as we are assining blame :beer:

manu1959 said:
Boxer will claim that she only said that because Bush told her that there were WMD's and that Bush knew there were not. (paraphrased from what she said to Ms Rice yesterday)

:boohoo:

You know, it makes me sick. These dems see the same intel and they know the truth, yet in public, they act like the president is the only one with access to the stuff. I guess what I am trying to say is this, she probably knows that what the president said is true, but because the president can't come out and say, "this is all we have" and lay his cards on the table (which would mean exposing sources, causing troubles with other nations, etc.) she can go on TV, say all this crap and the administration has no recourse.

Kerry saw the same intel and based on that intel, during the election he said it was the right thing to do. Of course, we don't know what that intel is, but he thought it was good enough..... but now he and others say, "Bush misled us" knowing Bush can't adequately defend himself and his decisions without opening an international can of worms.

No, they wouldn't have wanted us to just pull out if WMDs weren't found. They would have criticized that as well as pretty much any other plan. All they know how to do is talk about what the US is doing wrong and they don't offer any specific solutions.

tim_duncan2000 said:
No, they wouldn't have wanted us to just pull out if WMDs weren't found. They would have criticized that as well as pretty much any other plan. All they know how to do is talk about what the US is doing wrong and they don't offer any specific solutions.

Maybe a sensitivity course for Senators on how to treat a black woman with respect? oh that's right she's just a black lackey whose covering up the sins of Bush---wait--calling someone a black lackey???? well thats'------never mind.

Tuesday, May 25th 1999

"We also acted because containing the crisis in kosovo is in America's national interest. Kosovo lies at the crossroads between three volatile regions--Eastern Europe, Asia, and the Middle East. the clash we see in Kosovo today can easily spread to neighboring countries, most of them whom are struggling themselves with the challenges of building a democratic style of government."

"As members if the international community, we cannot stand by while scores of people are killed not for what they have done, but for who they are."

Barbara Boxer............

www.freerepublic.com/forum/a374d6fd56799.htm

Forum List

Back