Condi Rice Pours Cold Water On ‘Benghazi-GATE

Aug 7, 2012
I think my opinion of her just improved quite a bit. She of all people, should understand this.

Condi Rice Pours Cold Water On ‘Benghazi-Gate’=D>

Former Secretary of State Condoleeza Rice broke with the majority of her party last night on Fox News, as she tried to hit the brakes on the right wing’s politicization of the recent attack in Libya.

Host Greta Van Susteren asked Rice directly and repeatedly about a set of emails uncovered by Reuters. In what has been dubbed “Benghazi-Gate,” the conservative media has jumped on the emails as definitive proof that the Obama administration has been lying about what it knew and when in the aftermath of the Sept. 11 attack on a diplomatic mission in Benghazi. Rice’s response was likely not what Van Susteren expected:

RICE: But when things are unfolding very, very quickly, it’s not always easy to know what is really going on on the ground. And to my mind, the really important questions here are about how information was collected. Did the various agencies really coordinate and share intelligence in the way that we had hoped, with the reforms that were made after 9/11?
So there’s a big picture to be examined here. But we don’t have all of the pieces, and I think it’s easy to try and jump to conclusions about what might have happened here. It’s probably better to let the relevant bodies do their work.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=2k_LMTNLZXc]Condi's Reasoned Statement on Libya - YouTube[/ame]

Former Secretary of State Condoleeza Rice broke with the majority of her party last night on Fox News, as she tried to hit the brakes on the right wing’s politicization of the recent attack in Libya

It's not like anyone would have actually anticipated an attack in Libya, is it? Condie is a class act. This isn't going to go anywhere because the liberal media is liberal and they are in love with Obama. A tingle goes up their leg. So what she's saying is pragmatic. I am sure in a random spot in the world she would believe this. I doubt in Libya she really does. But why go where no media will go no matter how much red meat there is when it goes against their politics?

• Banned
Good for Condi! Even though I don't like her, she puts it in perspective and rightfully so.

Good for Condi! Even though I don't like her, she puts it in perspective and rightfully so.

And what perspective is that?

We already know the White House saw what was going on in real time... we already know that Obama KNEW it was not due to a video, and we also know he went on for two weeks saying it was.... case closed, Obama lied.

Condi is just covering her butt, as she should.
I wouldnt say anything dispariging if I were her either. She has a career in politics to think about.

I have many questions about how the Department of State prepared for the anniversary of 9/11 with US embassies all over the world. In my town of 5,000 the entire police force of 9 was on duty because of the anniversary.

Fox reported something similar, “It's not as easy as people think,” retired Gen. Jack Keane, former vice chief of the Army staff, said. “It's not as it's displayed in Hollywood. ... They are as concerned about those who they are sending there and having harm come to them as they are about those who are already there under duress.”

What was done... However, President Obama met with Defense Secretary Leon Panetta and Vice President Biden in the Oval Office at 5 p.m. ET, a little more than an hour after the onset of the attack. The Pentagon began moving military assets:

-- Eight from Special Operations were sent from Tripoli.
-- A "fast team" of Marines from Rota, Spain, were sent to guard the Embassy in Tripoli.
-- A Special Operations force was moved from central Europe to Sigonella Air Base in southern Italy, just 480 miles from Benghazi.

US military's response questioned in wake of deadly Libya consulate attack | Fox News

What was done... However, President Obama met with Defense Secretary Leon Panetta and Vice President Biden in the Oval Office at 5 p.m. ET, a little more than an hour after the onset of the attack.

Were they watchig the youtube video blamed for the whole thing...?

Last edited:
Sorry bout that,

1. Condi's an idiot.
2. There is overwhelming evidence that Obama failed in his duties to protect.
3. Why?
4. There is a reason for it, wait for it,.....

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

"And to my mind, the really important questions here are about how information was collected. Did the various agencies really coordinate and share intelligence in the way that we had hoped, with the reforms that were made after 9/11?"

Missed that didn't you? Guess who has the overall responsibility over those agencies and who do they ultimately report to?

I think my opinion of her just improved quite a bit. She of all people, should understand this.

Former Secretary of State Condoleeza Rice broke with the majority of her party last night on Fox News, as she tried to hit the brakes on the right wing’s politicization of the recent attack in Libya.

Host Greta Van Susteren asked Rice directly and repeatedly about a set of emails uncovered by Reuters. In what has been dubbed “Benghazi-Gate,” the conservative media has jumped on the emails as definitive proof that the Obama administration has been lying about what it knew and when in the aftermath of the Sept. 11 attack on a diplomatic mission in Benghazi. Rice’s response was likely not what Van Susteren expected:

RICE: But when things are unfolding very, very quickly, it’s not always easy to know what is really going on on the ground. And to my mind, the really important questions here are about how information was collected. Did the various agencies really coordinate and share intelligence in the way that we had hoped, with the reforms that were made after 9/11?
So there’s a big picture to be examined here. But we don’t have all of the pieces, and I think it’s easy to try and jump to conclusions about what might have happened here. It’s probably better to let the relevant bodies do their work.

I love her! :clap2:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=2k_LMTNLZXc]Condi's Reasoned Statement on Libya - YouTube[/ame]

What shes days is not an excuse for this Admin actively trying to convince people of a false Narrative. They were not just telling us what they knew when they heard it. They were cherry picking from what they heard and trying to advance a specific Narrative. Kinda the opposite of taking your time and getting it right.

She finishes the statement by saying there is a lot going on here and we should wait to find out. Exactly, but that is not what Obama and his Admin did for the first 2 weeks. They were not being responsible and waiting for the Facts, they were blaming a video and saying it was a spontaneous Mob, How is that taking your time and waiting to find out the facts?

Last edited:

What shes days is not excuse for this Admin actively trying to convince people of a false Narrative. They were not just telling us what they knew when they heard it. They were cherry picking from what they heard and trying to advance a specific Narrative. Kinda the opposite of taking your time and getting it right.

That's what happens when one looks before they leap. In their quest to use Condi to their benefit they lost sight of the facts. They also ignored what she said about intelligence gathering that I mentioned below.

But "they love her". :cool:

This is hardly putting cold water on the event. She is asking the same questions in a very calm, intelligent manner without jumping to conclusions. In no way is she letting the Obama Admin off the hook.

You are missing the point liberal;

"RICE: But when things are unfolding very, very quickly, it’s not always easy to know what is really going on on the ground. And to my mind, the really important questions here are about how information was collected. Did the various agencies really coordinate and share intelligence in the way that we had hoped, with the reforms that were made after 9/11?
So there’s a big picture to be examined here. But we don’t have all of the pieces, and I think it’s easy to try and jump to conclusions about what might have happened here. It’s probably better to let the relevant bodies do their work."

There was a plan in place for this set up from 9-11 by Bush and Obama ignored it and fucked his own country again.

This is hardly putting cold water on the event. She is asking the same questions in a very calm, intelligent manner without jumping to conclusions. In no way is she letting the Obama Admin off the hook.

They missed that part too...

Former Secretary of State Condoleeza Rice broke with the majority of her party last night on Fox News, as she tried to hit the brakes on the right wing’s politicization of the recent attack in Libya

It's not like anyone would have actually anticipated an attack in Libya, is it? Condie is a class act. This isn't going to go anywhere because the liberal media is liberal and they are in love with Obama. A tingle goes up their leg. So what she's saying is pragmatic. I am sure in a random spot in the world she would believe this. I doubt in Libya she really does. But why go where no media will go no matter how much red meat there is when it goes against their politics?

This supposed scandal will no doubt finally come out "after" the election?? Or so it has been speculated....

Forum List

Back