Condi Rice is the 3rd Bush Admin Official to Accuse Cheney of Lying in his Memoir!

Is Cheney Telling the Truth, or is he Lying in his Book

• Total voters
Cheney can no longer be prosecuted for his crimes, so he's more than happy to spill the beans. This is his version of IF I did it: by O.J. Cheney.

There is no statute of limitations on war crimes.

War Crimes Times

It depends on what the crime IS. Not to mention, how long do you think government would take to prosecute? Those two nitwits would be long dead before anything happened and even if it didn't take that long, the first republicon that got into office would pardon them anyway, so what's the point?:confused:

It depends on what the crime IS. Not to mention, how long do you think government would take to prosecute? Those two nitwits would be long dead before anything happened and even if it didn't take that long, the first republicon that got into office would pardon them anyway, so what's the point?

The Hague!

This thread is so full of left wing post pard.....presidency depression. You all need a private room and a few bottles of wine to really let it out. Dont be shy now, let us all know how Cheney rapped you psychologically

There's only 1 p in raped doofus. when you were home schooled, you should have looked that one up (since it's probably how you get laid).

The War Crimes Act of 1996, a federal statute set forth at 18 U.S.C. § 2441, makes it a federal crime for any U.S. national, whether military or civilian, to violate the Geneva Convention by engaging in murder, torture, or inhuman treatment.

The statute applies not only to those who carry out the acts, but also to those who ORDER IT, know about it, or fail to take steps to stop it. The statute applies to everyone, no matter how high and mighty.

18 U.S.C. § 2441 has no statute of limitations, which means that a war crimes complaint can be filed at any time.

The War Crimes Act of 1996: Bush, Rumsfeld could be indicted under US law

The War Crimes Act of 1996, a federal statute set forth at 18 U.S.C. § 2441, makes it a federal crime for any U.S. national, whether military or civilian, to violate the Geneva Convention by engaging in murder, torture, or inhuman treatment.

The statute applies not only to those who carry out the acts, but also to those who ORDER IT, know about it, or fail to take steps to stop it. The statute applies to everyone, no matter how high and mighty.

18 U.S.C. § 2441 has no statute of limitations, which means that a war crimes complaint can be filed at any time.

The War Crimes Act of 1996: Bush, Rumsfeld could be indicted under US law

You can site all the laws you want. It doesn't change the fact that, even IF they had sought it, the first republicon that got into office would make it his FIRST order of business to pardon those two "heroes". The right wing would demand it.

This thread is so full of left wing post pard.....presidency depression. You all need a private room and a few bottles of wine to really let it out. Dont be shy now, let us all know how Cheney rapped you psychologically

There's only 1 p in raped doofus. when you were home schooled, you should have looked that one up (since it's probably how you get laid).

Nice typo find Nazi Cop. Your mother will surely be impressed.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ug-VuOXI414]Darth Cheney VS Princess Condi-Leia. 2012: a new hope. (YouTube)[/ame]

darthcheneyonlyyou800.jpg

dontactsosurprised.jpg

iwanttoknow800.jpg

idontknowwhatyouretalki.jpg

youtearfullyagreed.jpg

ivenever800.jpg

Reuters said:
Exclusive: Condoleezza Rice fires back at Cheney memoir

(Reuters) - Former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice said on Wednesday she resented what she viewed as an attack on her integrity by former Vice President Dick Cheney in his just-published memoir.

Speaking in an interview with Reuters, Rice rejected Cheney's contention that she misled President George W. Bush about nuclear diplomacy with North Korea.

"I kept the president fully and completely informed about every in and out of the negotiations with the North Koreans," Rice said in her first public comments on the matter.

"You can talk about policy differences without suggesting that your colleague somehow misled the president. You know, I don't appreciate the attack on my integrity that that implies."

Rice, in a telephone interview, also disputed a passage in Cheney's memoir, "In My Time," in which he says the secretary of state "tearfully admitted" that the Bush administration should not have apologized for a claim in Bush's 2003 State of the Union address on Iraq's supposed search for uranium for nuclear arms.

Cheney, who opposed a public apology for the unfounded claim, wrote that Rice "came into my office, sat down in the chair next to my desk, and tearfully admitted I had been right."

"It certainly doesn't sound like me, now, does it?" Rice said in the interview. "I would never -- I don't remember coming to the vice president tearfully about anything in the entire eight years that I knew him."

"I did say to him that he had been right about the press reaction" to the administration's acknowledgment that the remarks about Iraq seeking uranium in Africa should not have been in Bush's speech, Rice said.

"And so I did say to the vice president, 'you know, you were right about the press reaction.' But I am quite certain that I didn't do it tearfully," she said.

Rice is the latest former senior Bush aide to fire back at Cheney's memoir and its characterization of the vice president's bureaucratic rivals.

Rice's predecessor, former secretary of state Colin Powell, on Sunday said Cheney's book levels "cheap shots" at colleagues and mischaracterizes events.

Rice said she believes her last contact with Cheney was at the groundbreaking ceremony for Bush's presidential library.

Asked if Cheney were trying to settle scores, Rice said, "I am not going to question the vice president's motives, because he is somebody with whom I had a good relationship and for whom I had, and still have, a great deal of respect."

"But I have to say that some of the things that he said about his colleagues are not in keeping with the high respect that I have always had for him," she added. "I think they do fall into the category of cheap shots."

Rice played down speculation that she might be asked to serve as a Republican vice presidential candidate in 2012. "I am not cut out for such things," she said.

When a reporter pointed out that this was not an absolute, Shermanesque denial, she laughed and replied: "No, no no. I am a happy university professor... We'll all find great candidates. I won't be one of them."

"Condoleezza Rice for President in 2012. Join this group of supporters from everywhere on the world wide web."

Rice for President Yahoo Group
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rice-for-president/

CHENEY IS OUT OF OFFICE AND NO LONGER INVOLVED IN THE POLITICAL SCENE.

whats with this new found obsession?????? Oh yea, OBAMA IS FAILING, quick change the subject so no one notices!!!!

FAIL

Here's a helpful tip:

Stop cleaning out your ears with the hook ends of metal coat hangers.

Here's another helpful tip:

Obama STILL SUCKS...... no matter how much you deflect to guys who have been gone for years.

CHENEY IS OUT OF OFFICE AND NO LONGER INVOLVED IN THE POLITICAL SCENE.

whats with this new found obsession?????? Oh yea, OBAMA IS FAILING, quick change the subject so no one notices!!!!

FAIL

Here's a helpful tip:

Stop cleaning out your ears with the hook ends of metal coat hangers.

Here's another helpful tip:

Obama STILL SUCKS...... no matter how much you deflect to guys who have been gone for years.

What's this nonsense about deflection. I ask because Gramps had a tantrum in that regard. Frankly, I thought maybe nobody was around to unscrew the childproof cap from his psych meds and was beginning to hear those voices again.

But I digress.

Cheney wrote a book that was just released. His former colleagues, who he had known and worked with on a daily basis for several years, took exception to his claims. That is actually a pretty rare thing. It merits comment.

Forum List

Back