Condi caught with her pants down...Figuratively speaking of course...

Originally posted by Bullypulpit
There are many...all equally specious. If they had looked at the references, they would have noted that these issues had already been covered by the mainstream media.

The truth hurts.

This was in reference to "issues", as in incorrect testimony or lies.

Please cite the mainstream media sources.

IF any of these claims had any merit, wouldn't you think that the democrats would have jumped all over it? Why don't I see them making the same claims? Why hasn't Kerry stood up and made this an issue? Why no coverage of these discrepancies on CNN, NBC, CBS, ABC?

Face facts, if these ridiculous comments had any merit whatsoever, this would have been plastered all over the news nonstop.

Mainstream media realizes that the average american is smart enough to see through a smokescreen. The sites that cater to the likes of Bully know full well they aren't dealing with bright people, so they just filter trash to the trash.

Originally posted by NightTrain
This is nothing more than a politically motivated show.

I thought Condi did very well up there, with the exception of when that befuddled liberal fool asked her (emmm... Dr. Clark?? LOL) why Bush did nothing about the USS Cole bombing - she didn't tell him that the incident in question was prior to Bush taking office. She could have hammered him there, and didn't. Ah well.

I especially enjoyed how he pulled a sidebar and commented on how he is displeased with the Iraq situation - and then later cut Condi off, citing a lack of time. Nice bit of work, that. [/sarcasm]

The totally disrespectful line of questioning clearly demonstrates what this whole commission is about in my mind - truth be damned, let's try and smear the Prez in an election year.
I agree. I think she showed how superior she is in intelligence, demeanor and fortitude than any of those power-hungry, important-man wannabes.

I also thought that the following exchange should have occurred:

Actual exchange:

RICE: I would like to finish my point here.

BEN-VENISTE: I didn't know there was a point.

RICE: Given that _ you asked me whether or not it warned of attacks.

What I wish she'd said:

RICE: I would like to finish my point here.

BEN-VENISTE: I didn't know there was a point.

RICE: You are entitled to your opinion which you have just expressed. However, since this commission is about getting to the facts, I must finish my testimony.

The Democrats have made asses of themselves on this one. They proved they wanted her to testify in public,not so the people could hear the testimony,but because they wanted to make a political fool of her which probably isn't possible. They treated this as a political debate,not a commission that would help to stop our country from being attacked again. The timing for this commission is horrible,and now Bush adm. is releasing the briefing that was supposedly so important. Shame on the Democrats for trying to use this to get elected! Condi is smarted than any of them,and the lack of class they have really shown through.

Kerry won't comment on this until he sees which way the wind is blowing from the rest of America-whatever will get him ahead politically.

Originally posted by Bullypulpit
...I don't argue with zealots, be they religious or political. You point out all the facts to them, you cite all the sources, and you still get this dumb, uncomprehending look on their faces. It just doesn't register with them, and they throw up stupid and innane arguments as to why it just can't be other than how they see it.

It's like teaching a pig to sing...You waste your time and annoy the pig.

Kinda funny coming from you. I dont know many people mor zealous than you in trying to attack Bush

Looks like a slam dunk!!

I vote that the next time Bully shows his cowardly head around here that we refer him to this thread that he refused to admit defeat in, rather than furthering himself in being a man by admitting he was wrong.

Jimnyc-

I'm sorry, but you really should be a little nicer to "Bully."

You damn well know that, now that he is losing his last couple of stations, Al Franken needs a way to spend his time, right?

Personally, one of my favorite moments wasn't even concerning Condy bitch-slapping "bin" veniste & the others. It came from Janet Reno. Now, we all know how Dick "blood money" Clarke's big claim to fame is how his policies & those of the Clinton administration were responsible for stopping the millennium plot. Well, when Roemer set up this premise to Janet Reno, just waiting for her to confirm this, she said, "No, no!," telling how we got lucky with a very alert customs agent.....and that's all. Well, after Reno totally destroyed the Clarke/Clinton myth, Roemer, not pleased with the truth, reanswered HER answer FOR her the way HE wanted it to be given. It was THE most fu*king hilarious moment, YET! LMFAO

As for this whole movement to have Jamie Gorelick[ Man, I'm glad that is just her last name & not the term describing how close she & Al were]. Personally, I have no problem with her being on the Commission.........as long as they add Karl Rove to it.

... oh, thats right ... she is just another incompetant, politically correct invertebrate hack. Like her boss - that XYY Attorney General Janet "Biff" Reno. You know that Gorelick is expecting to be the Attorney General under a Kerry presidency?

All of us can thank that whimp from South Dakota, Tom Daschle, for appointing her to the "commission". The only one that "illustrious" board is Leahy.

By forcing members of this administration to speek publicly this board has produced previously forgotten actions taken under the previous administration to be brought to the forefront.

jimnyc, I'm very impressed with Condi as well.

Wait a minute Jimmy, I though the mainstream media was a bunch of liberal idealogues who sought to attack Bush whenever they could? I think the fact that these inconsistencies haven't been reported shows that not only are the mainstream media not liberal biased, they have been, in fact, protecting this President.

acludem

Originally posted by acludem
Wait a minute Jimmy, I though the mainstream media was a bunch of liberal idealogues who sought to attack Bush whenever they could?

Mainstream media in America today, is Fox News channel, dominating the market in the #1 slot.

Based on this shakup over market share, the "big three" networks appear to be making an effort to lose their traditional liberal bias, in order to appeal to a broader audience.

Since CNN markets worldwide, they tend to have less reason to change their presentation and commentary.

But as far as America is concerned, Jimmy said it best:

I believe mainstream media realizes that the average american is smart enough to see through a smokescreen.

Biased news simply doesn't sell anymore.

Originally posted by acludem
Wait a minute Jimmy, I though the mainstream media was a bunch of liberal idealogues who sought to attack Bush whenever they could? I think the fact that these inconsistencies haven't been reported shows that not only are the mainstream media not liberal biased, they have been, in fact, protecting this President.

acludem

I suggest you read again! This is one organization that took all kinds of statements and did their best to take them out of context. They really did a shitty job too! Notice how this completely disappeared after a couple of days? That's because most people weren't stupid enough to believe they were 'inconsistencies' and lies.

What Bully thought was one of his strongest 'arguments':

"Every time Dr. Rice spoke, she was shaking her head in a manner that we commonly associate with the negative. Her testimony, far from simply relaying the facts was attempting to explain what happened. Both common traits of those who are, shall we say, prevaricating.", strikes me as ever so similar to Clarke's 'assumption' that Condi was unaware of al Queda's 'tentacles' because of her 'body language' when he was speaking about it to her.

Even if I thought that Bully or Clarke were trained in reading body language, I would further have to believe they were able to set aside their own narcissism to notice that there was someone outside themselves. Unlikely I'm sure.

Forum List

Back