Condeleeza Rice to take Powell's place!!

Bonnie said:
So if I understand correctly you believe what seperates Fundamentalism from Christianity is hatred?

I'd use the word intolerance, which is a form of hatred.

Bonnie said:
Where do you draw the line between hatred and taking a moral stand? In other words my church (catholic) has no hate for Homosexuals, but they also don't embrace the lifestyle as right, and they do preach that it is wrong...Is that hateful?

No, but "Abiding Truth" has exhibited a level of intolerance that may not be immediately apparent from their site - they are pro-active in their attacks - their location in Sacramento supports their state lobby effort in this regard.

Bonnie said:
What i saw on the website Defend the family was concerned parents who do not wish to have their children indoctrinated to any beliefs other than what they the parents deemed appropriate. Thats very different than encouraging your children to go out and assault someone who is gay or anything else.

Who's "indoctrinating" beliefs? Certainly, parents should be directly involved in what/how their child is educated. But the bills that ATM is all "up in arms about" are not about any agenda, but about limiting/preventing discrimination.

A

CivilLiberty said:
You're reading an enormous assumption into my statement.
Actually I read into your statement precisely what you wanted read into it.

CL said:
so forth and so on, blah, blah, blah, et cetera

Then you went on with a great deal of irrelevant text that said little and was applicable not at all. Wow, FDR was a hawk. Thanks for clearing that up.

Fundamentalist Christianity and the neo-conservative movement are two wholly seperate things.

The fundamentalists side with the GOP because that is the party of religious values. The Democrats are the party of secular values.

The neo-conservatives, an entire different group of people (including a great many areligious people like Charles Krauthammer), side with the GOP, and have made it hawkish because the Democrats are the hopeless party of appeasers, enablers, exscusers, and pacifists.

CSM said:
The article he provides a link to is indeed written by a Libertarian. Ron Paul is a Congressman from Texas I believe and is very much a Constitutionalist.

And a registered Republican. Ron Paul realized that the Libertarian Party has no chance of making it the way they have tried for over three decades. He believes that if the Libertarians began registering Republican that they could reform the Republican Party to the more Libertarian stance it began on. He changed from the Libertarian Party to the Republican Party and has been one ever since. He votes strictly by the Constitution, and is well respected by many Libertarians.

Forum List

Back