Concession (of a kind) and Goodbye.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sheer projection. 49, USAF retiree, Stephen King fan.

Unsurprisingly, you're completely wrong. But that's your default mode, isn't it? :lol:

so you are saying that pimply faced teenagers can't create fictional personae? And you say that my default mode is wrong, but my default mode picked the winner last night and you didn't. Damn... it must SUCK to be a republican today!

Yeah well, it sucks to be an American these days.

er... no. it sucks to be a rightwingnuthack.

Nothing you can do about either, you know.

you should be very proud, davey.
It is what it is. Some people have recognized their internet impotence.

Some people ridiculously believe they can dictate the feelings and actions of others on the internet.

We're dictating your feelings and actions right now.

I dictate that you will respond to just about all of the posts I've made so far today.

Unsurprisingly, you're completely wrong. But that's your default mode, isn't it? :lol:

so you are saying that pimply faced teenagers can't create fictional personae? And you say that my default mode is wrong, but my default mode picked the winner last night and you didn't. Damn... it must SUCK to be a republican today!

I hate this shit. I heard it from the lefties when GWB was in office, and now from the righties when Obama is in office.

This is America - the United States of America. No single man can make me lose my pride in what my country is nor my pride in being an American.

I made a bet. I lost. Welching is not cool, at least not the way I was raised. Therefore, I am obligated to honor the bet (Zona's revenge :lol: ): and the terms were simple. I bet that Pres. Obama would NOT get re-elected.

Based on everything I have seen tonight, the election actually is now over. Even if Mitt takes Ohio (which is still kind of up in the air, the "call" notwithstanding) and even if he somehow prevails in FL and VA, he seems to have lost CO. (I blame mal.) The trouble is, he had to end up running that table. And without CO, he didn't. End of story.

The payment terms were simple, too. If I lost the bet, I was to flat out LEAVE USMB.

That time, evidently has come. (Of course, if a miracle happens, and Mitt ends up winning on a recount or three or five, I'll come back upon the same terms!) No. I am not counting on that.

Thus, I am obliged to leave USMB. I have been' assured' by lots of my lib "buddies" that I will come back under some other username. Nope. Gone means gone. They can believe whatever a lib's heart says they should believe. But, I'll still be gone. (I discovered a new place which I like anyway, so I will not be suffering in some arid desert.)

To my lib pals and even those who I never much liked, I will concede the following. Not only was I wrong in my political guess, I was WAY the fuck off. There. You can gloat. I was wrong.

In your favor, I will also say JUST this much more. Your political philosophy is misguided as all hell. But most of you think the way you think for good enough reasons. I admire that. Beats the snot outta the attitude of most Americans who just don't even give thought to the issues of our time.

To my more or less Conservative pals, I urge you to keep up the good fight. It is plainly an uphill battle. But the course you have chosen is the right one. THIS particular electoral loss is a very deep and cutting one. But what can we do? Giving up is not an option. So, keep up your efforts to educate the libs and the majority of indifferent fellow citizens. Someday, conservative political philosophy may yet flower. Time permitting.

That leaves only one thing left to say.

Adios.
The leave and come back......Use a loophole like the scum bag progressives.... Fuck letting them dictate anything anymore....They can all suck a huge dirty dick

Hey Liability -- if you happen to come back just to read through this thread I want you to know I think you're a total dork for keeping your bet with Zona. No one even knew about it until you opened your mouth. Dumb, dumb, dumb decision to leave.

:(

He did the honorable thing by being a man of his word, but in reality nobody won as far as I'm concerned. We all lost. That goes for EVERY contributing member here.

It's really too bad these idiotic bets made the rounds in the first place......

He did the honorable thing by being a man of his word, but in reality nobody won as far as I'm concerned. We all lost. That goes for EVERY contributing member here.

Good
3256889.jpg

Reading through this thread it would be easy to assume it's about Davey and Steven King worship. I didn't count em all but there must be twenty plus.. Did Davey even mention Liability in his whine fest?
He made his bet knowing he might lose. He's a big boy, and I salute him for following through, even though he's worth any 10 leftists here.

He also doesn't need affirmation from me.
Translation: I was so busy making this thread about ME I forgot all about that Liability guy.

the whole "gunslinger" persona thing reeks of a pimply faced teenager role playing from the boycave in his parent's basement. :lol:

You should see his mad photoshop skillz! No lie!

And it sucks to be a Republican EVERY day.

Only for Fair-Weather Americans.

Liberals are Americans no matter who is president, in good times and bad.

Move to Iraq, shithead, and help them create a better country than this one.

No, he kept his 'word' with a perma-banned loser over a bet that no one knew about. That's dumb. Had he made the same stupid and asinine bet with someone who is actually here, I'd agree (it would still be a stupid and asinine bet). At least that's how I sees it.

Ah well, people come and people go here at the USMB.

Last edited:
I think I am not alone in believing that the honorable thing now for those who collected on their bets, is to remove their obligation to follow through on a bet to exit USMB. That would be the noble and compassionate path and go a long way to start the healing. And if done graciously and in the spirit of friendship and reconciliation would merit rep from me.

Last edited:
I think I am not alone in believing that the honorable thing now for those who collected on their bets, is to remove their obligation to follow through on a bet to exit USMB. That would be the noble and compassionate path and go a long way to start the healing. And if done graciously and in the spirit of friendship and reconciliation would merit rep from me.

Too late, those who made the bet to leave are already gone, except for one (that I know of).

so you are saying that pimply faced teenagers can't create fictional personae?
No. I'm saying I haven't been a pimply-faced teenager in 30 years -- which is probably longer than you've been alive, kid. :lol:
And you say that my default mode is wrong, but my default mode picked the winner last night and you didn't. Damn... it must SUCK to be a republican today!
You're taking credit for something you were told to do.

It's like the hammer taking credit for driving the nail.

the fact that you are SAYING you are not a pimply faced teenager acting all tough from behind the computer screen in your parent's basement does not, however, prove that you are not. Lots of kids act old and tough on the internets.... I bet in the chat rooms, you're hung like a horse too.

And nobody has tried to tell me what to do in the field of politics for a long time.

and here's a clue: even if you ARE as old as you say you are, I raised my hand and joined the Navy when you were in kindergarten, sonny.
The fact that you are SAYING your petulant, whiny horseshit does not prove your claims are true.

Now stamp your feet, pout, and insist it does. Maybe threaten to hold your breath until you turn blue.

:lmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back