Conceding Obama Wins

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
Here's how it's done:

The Corner on National Review Online
Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Congratulations And Thanks [Jonah Goldberg]
Look, I expect to be one of the most severe critics of the Obama administration and the Democrats generally in the years ahead (though I sincerely hope I won't find that necessary). But Obama ran a brilliant race and he should be congratulated for it. Moreover, during the debate over the financial crisis, Obama said that a president should be able to do more than one thing at a time. Well, I think we members of the loyal opposition should be able to make distinctions simultaneously. It is a wonderful thing to have the first African-American president. It is a wonderful thing that in a country where feelings are so intense that power can be transferred so peacefully. Let us hope that the Obama his most dedicated — and most sensible! — fans see turns out to be the real Obama. Let us hope that Obama succeeds and becomes a great president, for all the right reasons.

As for John McCain, he is an American hero and arguably the best candidate we could have fielded. I will in the days to come offer no small amount of criticism about his campaign. But where his campaign may have lacked qualities that would have helped it win, the candidate never lacked for honor and integrity. Thank you John McCain for your sacrifice, commitment, and honor.

God bless America, and may He guide Obama to be the best president possible.

I've spent 8 years without a president, the ones they called the clinton administration. I am so very, very glad I am at the age I am and have bad health and sincerely hope I won't live long enough to see obama screw up the USA the way it will be at the end of his term. To everyone reading this post, there is no more USA. It has been taken over by an American hating Muslim and they will take over and you will be ruled like hitler ruled Germany. I'm very ashamed for anyone even like obama being a citizen of this country, (and that is in doubt) much less hold any kind of office. I can not and will not call him or accept him or support him in any kind of way as my President. He is in the same category as the kkk or any other hate group, and is a foreigner at heart. At least I had one great President before the end of my time by the name of George W. Bush. God bless what little time the USA has left.

McCAin's congratulatory speech was a class act.

God bless America, folks.

Seriously, God bless you all.

editec.

I've spent 8 years without a president, the ones they called the clinton administration. I am so very, very glad I am at the age I am and have bad health and sincerely hope I won't live long enough to see obama screw up the USA the way it will be at the end of his term. To everyone reading this post, there is no more USA. It has been taken over by an American hating Muslim and they will take over and you will be ruled like hitler ruled Germany. I'm very ashamed for anyone even like obama being a citizen of this country, (and that is in doubt) much less hold any kind of office. I can not and will not call him or accept him or support him in any kind of way as my President. He is in the same category as the kkk or any other hate group, and is a foreigner at heart. At least I had one great President before the end of my time by the name of George W. Bush. God bless what little time the USA has left.

This sentiment is a crying shame, sir. You have my pity.

-Joe

Forum List

Back