Conceal carry saved lives

Excellent idea. Do that, and in ten years, you would have killed yourselves.

Why are Australians style dying from gun shot wounds? After all you have gun bans.

When was the last mass shooting in Australia? 1996.

When was the last mass shooting in the US? Umm, couple weeks ago, wasn't it?

Don't make me laugh.

OH I see it's not the individual death you care about, it's the numbers. Fucking hack.

MuadDib -

Because I doubt you entirely believe it yourself.

Drugs are definitely a big part of the problem - but countries like the UK, Germany and France have major drug issues as well - but still around 80% less homocides per capita than the US does.

Drug may be the root cause in Mexico and Colombia, but then no sane person is going to compare homocide rates in the US with Mexico anyway.

No doubt they do have drug problems, but the UK, Germany, France, and Australia don't have Mexico on their southern border.

I'll also point out that none of those countries have Mexicans and South Americans illegally hopping their borders and flooding their countries. We have a land bridge for drugs and illegal immigrants that you don't have.

Drugs and drug gangs ARE at the heart of a significant amount of the violence that we have.

Now that doesn't explain the Aurora theater massacre, but in that case, it's turning out that there were warning signs that Holmes' psychiatrists didn't heed.

Saying that those of us who are law abiding should give up out gun rights because a small percentage of the population commits crimes with them is like saying that we should give up our cars because a small percentage drives drunk.

Saying that those of us who are law abiding should give up out gun rights because a small percentage of the population commits crimes with them is like saying that we should give up our cars because a small percentage drives drunk.

Cars and guns are used in most bank robberies. I think we should ban all evil cars. :eusa_whistle:

Why are Australians style dying from gun shot wounds? After all you have gun bans.

Don't make me laugh.

OH I see it's not the individual death you care about, it's the numbers. Fucking hack.

Just pointing out that the US has an obvious problem with mass shootings.

Don't make me laugh.

What's obvious is that in your country people are killed with guns even though your country has gun control. You don't give a damn about and individual death because of your stupid gun contreol all you want is the big number deaths so you can well and nash your teeth

Don't make me laugh.

We do? I've never seen or been near one. Never even seen a single shooting or witnessed a crime involving a gun.

Comparing the United States to other Western nations concerning this issue is pointless idiocy, given America’s unique acceptance of violence as a legitimate means of conflict resolution.

The causes of gun violence and death are deeply woven in the fundamental fabric of the American Nation, having nothing to do with the availability of guns per se; further restrictions or banning of guns would be fruitless and futile.

Gun violence will only decrease when this society faces the difficult, painful, and humiliating factors that make us such a violent people.

What makes the USA such a violent crime ridden place?

I don't think the guns are the root cause of this gestalt.

I think guns (and the resulting killings, too) are a merely symptom of the collective mental illness of our society.

Did you hear about the guy who shot and killed his 15 year old son?

This is the trade-off we must accept for the right to own as many guns as we want. Personally, I don't own any, because I have two teenage boys whom I don't trust. They both have horrible tempers and really dislike each other. A gun in this house is not a good idea. That being said, that is my choice; I would not deny anyone wanting to own a gun that right.

Forum List

Back