Conceal Carry Permits...

mal

Diamond Member
Mar 16, 2009
Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde™
I have one... I also have Associates who think I'm crazy for giving the Gumbn't (Obama) that kind of info on me...

And others who feel that all Guns are the problem.

And still others who don't feel they need permission from the Gubmn't to Carry...

Discuss.

:)

peace...

Just renewed mine in October. Every five years in Virginia, $50.

A cheap price to pay for personal security/peace of mind.

• Thanks
Reactions: mal
It's good to have the permit. I don't think that it's bad that they "have your info," I mean - when you were born you got a SS# and when you started working they started taking tabs on that sort of info (income/taxes) as well.

Is it a private matter that you own a gun? You just posted it to a message board. Plus, it's weird to me if anyone finds that to be too "private" to reveal, prudish maybe.

I think it's fucking corny when they don't allow concealed carry. People kill people.

I also think it's okay that "permissions" are facilitated through at least SOME SORT OF Agency, because I (personally) wouldn't want people with Brain disorders and such to be walking around waving pistols in the public square, shit like that.

I have one... I also have Associates who think I'm crazy for giving the Gumbn't (Obama) that kind of info on me...

And still others who don't feel they need permission from the Gubmn't to Carry...

Discuss.

peace...

You should be able to keep any personal weapon in your own home without the need for a complex permit or liscense. At most the state should be able to mandate some training to make sure you know gun ownership basics (the well regulated part).

For concealed carry, I do understand the desire to be able to know who is carrying, and what they are carrying. To me the key is that a concealed carry law needs to be "shall issue", i.e. the state needs a real good reason to deny you a permit (felony conviction, or history of mental illnessfor example), as opposed to "may issue", where the can come up with any bullshit excuse to deny you a permit.

Discuss.

peace...

To get a gun liscense and buy guns legally in my state the govt must know you own guns, hence the liscense and background check each time you try to buy one.

I don't see the big deal in the govt knowing I have a gun and I also think the 2nd ammendment guarantees my right to carry a gun regardless of anything congress, the president, or anyone else says.

• Thanks
Reactions: mal
I don't have a problem with Concealed carry or gun ownership in general. I think people overplay their odds of "getting killed" by another person... but hey... it does happen.

And if they are coming for Guns... It ain't gonna matter if you have a CC...

It's like the Gold Hoarders...

What are you gonna do with all that Gold, especially if it's not Actual Gold, in Bartertown?...

You gonna Die and your Gold is going to someone else while your Wife and Children are Raped and Murdered.

peace...

Discuss.

peace...

You should be able to keep any personal weapon in your own home without the need for a complex permit or liscense. At most the state should be able to mandate some training to make sure you know gun ownership basics (the well regulated part).

For concealed carry, I do understand the desire to be able to know who is carrying, and what they are carrying. To me the key is that a concealed carry law needs to be "shall issue", i.e. the state needs a real good reason to deny you a permit (felony conviction, or history of mental illnessfor example), as opposed to "may issue", where the can come up with any bullshit excuse to deny you a permit.

I have always had Guns in my Home...

Got my CC about 3 or 4 years ago...

Lost track when my Parents Passed.

I should look at the damned thing. :lol:

peace...

No permit needed here. Carry at will - into police stations and banks if it suits your fancy.

Where would that be again?...

I don't know, that's why I'm asking.

peace...

Canada's 12th province, the People's Republic of Vermont.

Except for the few weeks per year I spend in your 'hood:eusa_angel: (well, not exactly your hood, but close enough for Rockies fans). The problem with our state having no permit requirements is that if someone from here travels elsewhere they have no permit with which to claim reciprocity.

Last edited:

Discuss.

peace...

To get a gun liscense and buy guns legally in my state the govt must know you own guns, hence the liscense and background check each time you try to buy one.

I don't see the big deal in the govt knowing I have a gun and I also think the 2nd ammendment guarantees my right to carry a gun regardless of anything congress, the president, or anyone else says.

Yes... And that's True here in Denver... But the DPD gets a little... Questionable when they see other than Cops with a Holster. :thup:

Sure you can... but what happens because of it... Well.

peace...

And if they are coming for Guns... It ain't gonna matter if you have a CC...

It's like the Gold Hoarders...

What are you gonna do with all that Gold, especially if it's not Actual Gold, in Bartertown?...

You gonna Die and your Gold is going to someone else while your Wife and Children are Raped and Murdered.

peace...

They can try and take my guns but................

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOJQFNOQqCY&feature=related]Charlton Heston "My Cold DEAD Hands" NRA Speech - YouTube[/ame]

No permit needed here. Carry at will - into police stations and banks if it suits your fancy.

peace...

Except for the few weeks per year I spend in your 'hood:eusa_angel: (well, not exactly your hood, but close enough for Rockies fans). The problem with our state having no permit requirements is that if someone from here travels elsewhere they have no permit with which to claim reciprocity.

D-Town!... :lol:

peace...

peace...

Wow! I wouldn't have guessed Vermont. I thought you guys were Ultra Liberal up there?

I have one and carry concealed because concealed means concealed. Nobody needs to know that I'm carrying. Wife has one too. I only carry openly at night while walking the dog. Don't need some yahoo calling the law cause they saw some gun nut walking about.

I see the permit as a way to raise revenue like any other user fee. No big deal.

I have one and carry concealed because concealed means concealed. Nobody needs to know that I'm carrying. Wife has one too. I only carry openly at night while walking the dog. Don't need some yahoo calling the law cause they saw some gun nut walking about.

I see the permit as a way to raise revenue like any other user fee. No big deal.

In my state it is illegal to carry unconcealed. If you do you are subject to losing your gun and your conceal carry liscense.

peace...

Wow! I wouldn't have guessed Vermont. I thought you guys were Ultra Liberal up there?

It's an odd mix. Socially, northern New England is very libertarian / old-school conservative. Fiscally the states are more liberal. Vermont had a very popular Republican governor for eight years until 2010. Prior to about 1980 and the Republican party's adoption of what we now call social conservatives, it was the most Republican state in the nation.

Discuss.

peace...

I have had my CPL for years and years. Better to have it and not need it, then to need it and not have it.

Forum List

Back