Conan's last show

On his last segment of his final show Conan O'Brien tried to leave with some kind of inspirational message, thanking NBC for letting him remain there for 20 years and telling his listeners not to be cynical.

I take offense to that message. O'Brien especially should realize that people in the end are not all good-natured. Sure you never get everything you wanted, as he noted, but being kind only makes you a doormat. You think Jay Leno got to where he was by yielding to David Letterman? There's a reason Letterman had to jettison NBC, because Leno played hardball. He stomped on toes. He spied on an executive meeting hiding in a fucking closet for fuck's sake!

Why Conan decided to leave on such a bullshit note is beyond me. The real lesson from his short-lived program is you need to place balls in a vice if you want to hold onto anything, otherwise you'll get chewed up and spat out so someone else can try to get ahead.

IF his ratings were higher then he wouldn't have been booted.

I also believe he was paid kindly for leaving. Possibly there was a bit of incentive to be nice in there.

He may also understand the ratings issue after 20 years.

Then again I did think it was a pretty good episode and speech. After his weeks of joking about NBC inciting the viewers against NBC I thought it was pretty odd also.

Who owes Conan anything?

He had a show and now he doesn't. Thats the way things work. Bigger stars than Conan have lost their shows

Geez, what the heck is happening at NBC? When I heard they were trying to revive "Knight Rider", I just cringed.
I used to watch Conan awhile back and thought he was pretty funny, but gradually got tired of it. Most of his audience are comprised of college age goof-offs anyway.
Pretty sure we haven't seen the last of him. A guy like him has plenty of connections.

It was a mistake to offer Leno the 10pm slot, it for one split their viewers IMO. I also think they wanted Conan to fail from the beginning.

Not to worry about Conan, I don't, people like this usually make more in a day that many in here make in, pick a period..............:lol: for doing what we in here do on a daily basis for FREE, we type our questions and responses, they actually talk.

FOX to the Rescue?
Fox ready to pick up Conan O'Brien - NYPOST.com

I have a question for the USMB gang.

Which of the USMB members in here would you pick for Conan's, Leno's or Letterman's slot?

Maybe this should be a separate thread.........oh well

I thought Conan was the governerator?

Yeah :lol: 'Conan the Califorinian', he's still trying to kill off that 'liquid metal guy'
We need to send him to Washington, since he has experience in tracking those beings that wear invisibility cloaks while promising "transparency" I guess it depends on, like Clinton says with common words, depends on what the definition of transparency IS.

We should write a new dictionary for those in Washington D.C.
We'll call it, America's new "Spin Dictionary",end the confusion for those common words with dozens of interpretations. Let's see, what party(s):lol: should contribute?

Jay Leno is on Oprah today. He's handling it well as a matter of fact. I felt bad for Conan but it's over and he has a ton of cash to take a vacation with or something.

Oprah asked Jay if NBC could have handled it better, he started laughing and said if they had come in and shot everybody it would have been better than this...

Tuesday April 13, 2010

Live, from Eugene, Oregon – it's Conan O'Brien.

On the very day he announced the launch of his upcoming new TV show on Fox – oops, make that TBS – the famously deposed Tonight show host kicked off his 32-city North American live comedy tour at the Hult Center for the Performing Arts before an appreciated crowd of more than 2,500 people.

As described by New York's WNBC News on Tuesday morning, The Legally Prohibited from Being Funny on TV presentation found O'Brien delivering "gentle" jibes toward his onetime bosses at NBC – while other news reports noted that he never once mentioned his former network by name.

"This is the first time anyone has ever paid to see me perform," the comic told Monday's crowd in Oregon. "But people have paid to make me go away."

O'Brien – whose L.A.-based, 4-times-a-week, 11 p.m. TBS show is expected to kick off in November – also wisecracked during his 90-minute set, "You may have heard I got a new job: new assistant manager at Eugene's Banana Republic."

Reviews Are In: Conan O'Brien a Hit on the Road! - Conan O'Brien : People.com

Forum List

Back