Conan to NBC: "Drop Dead"

jillian

Princess
Apr 4, 2006
The Other Side of Paradise
Conan to NBC: Drop Dead
O'Brien mulls 'Tonight Show' future; NBC may go with guest hosts
By MICHAEL SCHNEIDER
O'Brien writes of NBC's proposed 'Tonight Show' delay, ' I cannot participate in what I honestly believe is its destruction.'

Conan O'Brien to NBC: Drop dead.
O'Brien, who has kept his lips sealed so far over NBC's decision to bump his show to midnight, other than cracking wise about it on "The Tonight Show," is going public. And he's not happy.

In a lengthy statement addressed tongue-in-cheek to the "People of Earth," O'Brien said he could not "participate in what I honestly believe is its destruction."

"For 60 years the Tonight Show has aired immediately following the late local news," O'Brien wrote. "I sincerely believe that delaying the Tonight Show into the next day to accommodate another comedy program will seriously damage what I consider to be the greatest franchise in the history of broadcasting. The 'Tonight Show' at 12:05 simply isn't the 'Tonight Show.'"

Conan to NBC: Drop Dead - Entertainment News, TV News, Media - Variety

Good for you, Conan.

Yes, good for Conan. NBC will make a mistake going back with Jay Leno. I won't tune in. I'll watch Conan on Fox or ABC.

But I hope they don't get rid of Jimmy Kimmel on ABC either. He's funny too.

You could tell Conan was pissed and not completely on his game last night. He made fun of the situation, but you could tell he was hurt/pissed.

Time to move on Jay Leno. You should be embarrassed going back. It didn't work out at 10pm, so just move on. Do something else.

Fox is gonna hire Conan.. Fox is gonna hire Conan nahh nah nahhhhh na!

:chillpill::funnyface:

O'Reilly said Conan wrote for the "Simpsons." I didn't know that.

Last edited:
Am I the only one that doesnt think Conan is funny?

No, there are many who don't. I don't find everything he does to be funny, but every once in a while he strikes a chord with my funny bone.

He used to do a thing where he super-imposed a real mout over a photo and did an interview with the photo. Reminded me of Clutch Cargo. Always made me chuckle.

He is right.

NBC screwed him big time, by being stupid enough to think people would want to watch Jay Leno 5 times a night in Prime Time. They promised him The Tonight Show, then want to change everything it's about to pacify Leno.

The reason Leno is cancelled is so many NBC Affiliates said they were going to drop his show, they were losing ratings of their 11 o'clock news since nobody was watching Leno from 10 to 11.

Go Conan Go! :clap2:

yea, nbc is fucking up. Conan is a LOT funnier than Leno and probably hits more of their late night target demographic too. It would make more sense to bump that retarded fucker jimmy fallon than throw dirt in the face of Conan's legacy.

Either Jimmy Fallon is someone's relative or he's seen zucker suck someone's dick. That truly is the only reason I can fathom why NBC would rake Conan over the coals instead of Fallon's shitty attempt at late night shows.

In crafting the Leno/O'Brien compromise, Gaspin admitted Sunday that the solution wasn't perfect and wasn't to either Leno's or O'Brien's satisfaction. Indeed, NBC execs privately wondered whether they had in the process damaged all three brands: Leno, O'Brien and "The Tonight Show."

YOU GOT THAT RIGHT, YA STUPID MUTHAFUCKAS!!!

FUCK YEAH!

Humph!

That's our NBC, taking a giant shit on its best assets to support its dead tenured weight. I haven't heard where Conan will go next but Fox lacks a late-night show so that seems like his logical move... personally I'm wondering if Comedy Central would be interested in him as well.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back